—Special Chapter

Strangers
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

[A year ago] 

 

Everything is fine—Heechul survived and started a new fresh life, learned to embrace his flaws and also his new beginning. Heechul made new memories with the people he loved.

 

He completely forgot his past and although he failed to remember everything, he was still grateful because at least throughout his battles, his parents and friends were there, giving their full support.

 

“Dad, I'm leaving.” Heechul bid his goodbye to his father as he had plans with Donghae and Yesung.

 

“Okay but please drive safely.” His father reminded him and gave him a hug.

 

Heechul also learned new things. He started to love driving and baking. His parents said, he didn't like those things before but now, it totally changed. At first, Heechul's parents were against of that idea because they almost lost him in an accident but Heechul proved them wrong.

 

“I will.” Heechul smiled and finally left the house.

 

His life is getting better but sometimes, he always thinks of his past life. Heechul always asks Donghae and Yesung to get some information but they never said anything. They always tried to change the topic and avoiding his questions about the old life he had before.

 

Heechul still feels that there are missing pieces in his life, he can't find the answer no matter what he does. No one would dare to say a thing related to Jungsoo. They tried to hide his past from him as all they want is for him to focus on the present.

 

“Why do I feel so gloomy today?” Heechul whispered, eyes were on the road as he was driving.

 

Heechul took his phone and connected it to his airpods to call Yesung. He always runs to his friends when everything feels so heavy. Heechul always needs their help because his friends always understand him.

 

“Where are you?” 

 

“I'm driving and on my way there.” 

 

“Be careful, okay?” 

 

“I will. Yesung ....”

 

“What's the matter?” 

 

“I feel so sad. Why do I feel that there is always something missing? Don't get me wrong I'm thankful because you guys are there but no matter how much I try, I still feel this way. I feel so incomplete even though I already survived.”

 

“Heechul...”

 

“Don't worry I'm trying... I'm trying my best.”

 

“We know you are trying. We've seen all your struggles and we just want to let you know how proud we are. We will get through this, okay? We will.”

 

He arrived and saw his friends, Kyunghoon was also there as well. Kyunghoon and him were getting along well and the said man already confessed his feelings towards Heechul. Which Heechul expected to happen because they were always together. He also likes him, Kyunghoon is a nice human being and it's easy to like him but Heechul decided to not accept it—he needs time to figure everything out.

 

“Hi!!” Kyunghoon greeted Heechul and hugged him.

 

“How long have you been here?” Heechul asked him.

 

“I just arrived.” Kyunghoon responded.

 

They both went inside and Donghae, Yesung and Eunhyuk were already there. As they saw them, three of them smiled. Heechul sat next to Yesung and hugged him.

 

“What happened?” Yesung asked softly, rubbing his back.

 

“I don't know. I sometimes feel like this.” Heechul confessed.

 

“Feel like?” Donghae asked him.

 

“Something is missing.” Heechul sighed and upon hearing it from him, they fell into silence. 

 

They all know the answer but they can't do anything. His parents begged them not to tell Heechul about the past and even mentioning Jungsoo was banned. Of course, they all feel bad for Heechul especially for Jungsoo but they have no choice. They tried to tell Heechul everything but his mother caught them and warned them.

 

“Heechul, don't force yourself, okay? Take it slow.” Yesung said, smiling at him.

 

Eunhyuk observed Heechul and shook his head. As everyone knew, Eunhyuk was Jungsoo's friend and since him and Donghae began dating, he often hung out with Donghae's friends so Eunhyuk always witnessed everything. After hanging out with them, he would tell what happened to Jungsoo because he knows his friend is still struggling.

 

Eunhyuk always feels bad—not only for Jungsoo but also Heechul. Both of them are victims and everyone around them is trying to erase all the memories they've created.

 

“I will.” Heechul responded and gave them an assurance smile.

 

 

[Heechul's Pov] 

 

I was out. While walking, I could feel someone's following me but I ignored it. I went to my favorite coffee shop and ordered too. I sat in my usual spot and saw someone standing outside, looking at me but when my eyes landed on him, he looked away. I felt like I've seen him before but I couldn't recall when it happened.

 

I stayed there for a while and the man who was outside, was still there so I was a little uncomfortable. After drinking my coffee, I immediately left the coffee shop because I feel so anxious.

 

I drove home and made sure I wasn't being followed by someone again. It's not like I'm accusing him but I'm sure, he was following me. I arrived home and my parents were still out of town so I was all alone. At first, they were so worried but I told them I could handle this alone. 

 

I went to my room, changed my clothes and started arranging my stuff. It's been so long since I cleaned my room, I was so busy these days that I even forgot to clean up.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter