14.

Strangers
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

[Heechul's Pov] 

 

I went where Jungsoo was. I don't know why he suddenly asked me to come but I still went because of him. Is he going to surprise me again? As I was heading, I noticed it was a house and an unfamiliar place. While I was walking, I saw a key on the ground and when I picked it up, I realized it was Jungsoo's car key because of the cat keychain on it. I was the one who put that so I'm sure he's the owner. I roamed my eyes around and spotted his car.

 

I went to the front door and knocked but no one opened the door. I waited until I peeked through the window to check if anyone was inside.

 

“Jungsoo....” I whispered, I saw him sitting on the sofa and soon after a woman approached him.

 

It's Jieun. Jieun was the girl with him inside the house and to my surprise, she sat on Jungsoo's lap and kissed him. I saw him responding to Jieun's kiss.

 

“You still love me, right?” She said as she pulled away.

 

“I love you...” Jungsoo replied, confirming it and after hearing that coming from his own mouth, my tears began to fall. 

 

“I love you too.” Jieun said as she leaned forward for another kiss. I couldn't take it anymore... I've heard everything and did he just called me to make sure I'd be able to witness their affair? I've been asking him about his feelings for Jieun but he keeps denying it. He should've just told me than making me look like a fool.

 

I couldn't take what I was seeing anymore so I ran away. As I run, I feel my chest tighten. I stopped running when I couldn't handle the pain anymore. I sat in front of Jungsoo's car and cried there. My heart is breaking into the pieces and the image of them that I saw keeps playing through my mind.

 

“Why?” I cried even harder and started hitting my chest, trying to take the pain away but I failed.

 

I was going to get my phone but instead of my phone, I got his key from my pocket. I stood up and opened his car. I went inside and started the engine. I don't own a car but I know how to drive.

 

While I'm driving, I'm still crying and called Yesung. How could he do this to me? After everything we did? He agreed to marry me, I fell for him but in the end, all he did was hurt me. He still loves Jieun. Although Siwon warned me about her, this case was different because I've seen and heard it all. 

 

Maybe Jieun was right, I would always be the number 2.

 

“Hello?” 

 

“Ye....” 

 

“Are you crying? What happened?” 

 

“He never loved me.”

 

“What? Where are you?”

 

“Jungsoo never loved me! He only agreed to marry me because of our parents. I thought we finally felt the same way...”

 

“Heechul, please calm down. Tell me where you are and I'll come over.”

 

“He told me he loved me. I fell into his trap... Yesung, he—”

 

“HEECHUL! WHERE ARE YOU? Why aren't you answering my questions? Please calm yourself first and meet me.”

 

“I'm driving. I used his car. He's with Jieun, his ex girlfriend. I saw them kissing and he confessed that he still loves her. I've seen everything with my own eyes. I was there.”

 

“Why are you driving? You don't have a license! You aren't good at driving too so why did you decided to drive?!”

 

I keep bawling my eyes out and he keeps scolding at me on the other line. I'm venting out my feelings while he's panicking. He keeps listening but I never got his reaction when I told him Jungsoo only used me instead he's more worried about me, driving in the middle of the night.

 

“Yesung... I'm hurting.”

 

“I know you are! Heechul, listen to me okay? Stop the car and wait me there. Don't drive while you're breaking down. Please for God's sake!”

 

“Everything is my fault. I should've stopped my parents. Why? I'm—”

 

“ Heechul! Why aren't you listening to me? Stop that damn car!”

 

But I didn't. I keep going and crying. 

 

“Heechul?! Please hear his side first and stop that damn car!”

 

“I'm going home.”

 

I tried my best to stop crying but I failed. My tears keep falling and my vision becomes blurry. Yesung is still talking while me, keep crying and sobbing. I can't stop myself because I'm hurting. I'm so disappointed and heartbroken. 

 

“Heechul, stop the car first and tell me where you are.”

 

“....”

 

“Stop crying! I already called Donghae and he's on his way to your place.”

 

I didn't respond and keep driving not until a woman passed by, crossing the street. I panicked and didn't know what to do.

 

“!” I cursed, my grip tightened on the steering wheel and tried to avoid the woman.

 

“What's going on? Hey!” 

 

I couldn't properly see the road because of my tears, I was about to wipe it off but before I could, out of nowhere a car suddenly appeared in front of me and hit my car. 

 

“HEECHUL!!!” the last thing I've heard as I slowly closed my eyes and everything went black. 

 

 

[Jungsoo's Pov] 

 

I woke up and looked around only to realize that I was in another house. I abruptly sat up and saw Jieun standing in front of me. I was surprised to see her but she only smiled.

 

“You said you suddenly felt unwell last night and you fell asleep. I tried to wake you up but you didn't wake up so I let you stay.” She explained before I could ask her. 

 

“Really?” I asked her in surprise and she nodded. I took my phone to check if Heechul had sent a message but I received nothing. As I checked my phone, only my father kept calling me. 

 

“I have to go home.” I said and took my things but she stopped me.

 

“Let's have breakfast together. Just for the last time. Please...” Jieun said.

 

I ended up saying yes to her and I tried to remember what happened last night but I couldn't remember anything. The last thing I knew was that Jieun and I were okay and she finally let me go. While eating, I received a call from my father. I frowned and hesitantly answered the call.

 

“Dad?” 

 

“Where the hell are you? I've been trying to call you but you didn't answer my calls.” 

 

“I'm on my way h—”

 

“Heechul got into a car accident. Jungsoo, where have you been all night? How did this—”

 

“Dad...” 

 

My world collapsed as soon as I heard what happened to Heechul and when my eyes shifted to Jieun, she was obviously worried about me. I didn't realize my tears started to fall.

 

“He's still in the emergency room. What are you waiting for? Come here now!.” 

 

He hung up on me and I immediately left Jieun's house but when I stepped outside, I couldn't find my car. Where's my car?

 

“Where's my car?” I asked Jieun.

 

“I don't know.” She answered me. I even looked for my keys and I haven't had it either. 

 

“I left it here! I need my ing car!!”

 

“Calm down.” 

 

“How could I? Heechul got into a car accident and you're asking me to calm down? How? I need my car!!” I shouted out of my frustration.

 

In the end, Jieun drove me to the hospital and I couldn't calm myself. I'm so anxious and mad at myself. I can't still process everything because why? How did it happen? A lot of things, and scenarios keep popping up in my head and still can't find any answers.

 

“Jungsoo....” She called my name. I turned my head on her and failed to hold back my tears. 

 

“What? Can you drive faster? My fiancé needs me.” I desperately said.

 

“I'm sorry.” She said. I don't have time for her rants. I'm so tired and just want to see Heechul. I'm damn scared and worried about Heechul.

 

“Please, not now.” I said, turning my attention somewhere.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter