7.

Strangers
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

[Jungsoo's Pov] 

 

“!” I shouted and pulled my hair out of frustration.

 

I was inside my car and as soon as I got in, I started to blame and hurt myself. I shouldn't have done that! We had because I was drunk and completely not in my right state! I couldn't even look at him—I felt pity and guilty for the thing I've done. I could see how distant he was and I felt like I needed to treat him nicely.

 

That day after I got off at work, I had a plan with one of my college friends and we decided to meet at the club; at the same time, Jieun was there and she kept begging because she wanted to win me back when at the first place, It was always her. It hurts me a lot. I truly love her but time and fate won't let us to be together. I pushed her away and caused her pain until she decided to go, going home with a brokenheart.

 

When she left, I didn't bother to chase her and decided to drown myself by drinking. I had so much fun and I was completely wasted. My friend drove me back home and couldn't see Heechul. I stayed inside my room until I could sense he had finally arrived. 

 

The rest happened so fast that I, myself couldn't believe I did it. I even found his bracelet next to me and I regretted it—what I did was a mistake... I was just hurt and having a hard time so right after, I felt like I needed to take a responsibility for it and be nice to Heechul even though I know it's wrong doing those things because I feel guilty. 

 

I keep smiling but inside of me, my heart is tearing apart. I keep acting like I'm totally fine but I know I'm truly not. I'm forever stuck in this situation and probably with Heechul.

 

After dealing with myself, I drove off and left our house. My guilt keeps bothering me and acting so tough is not really easy—every second, I want to break down and go back to my safe place. I miss her, I miss her voice and her presence, I miss every bit of her and it saddens me.

 

I don't even want to do everything I'm doing right now but I need to impress my father and of course his parents. It looks like they are trusting me and I don't want to disappoint them mostly my dad. 

 

“Sir, someone wants to see you. She's at the lobby and she's been waiting for you.” My secretary informed me.

 

“Who?”

 

“Your girlfriend.” She hesitantly said and upon hearing that, I turned around to her.

 

“What?”

 

“I already asked her to leave but she's so consistent. I guess she really wanted to see you.” She replied.

 

“Ask her to leave again.” I replied and felt there was a lump on my throat, saying those words were like a hard pill to shallow.

 

“S-sir?”

 

“And correction, she's my ex girlfriend.” I said, leaving her behind and went inside my office. As I sat down, my heart was breaking into pieces. I hate to do that but I have to.

 

I really feel bad—she doesn't deserve that kind of treatment and she doesn't deserve me. She deserves better and someone who's willing to fight for her and be with her until the end—I know that's not me. My fate was already planned before I was even born in this world. 

 

In our relationship, she's the understanding one while I'm the short tempered. She always makes time while I can't even give her time due to my work and schedule. I don't want to break her heart but I think this will be the end of us; for her own good and I also.

 

At first, I always thought that losing her would be hard—it was indeed hard but as the time goes by I realized one thing, she can finally be free from my family and from me. When she was with me, I know the pressure she went through. My family background, my own father and me... She has to deal with everything just to be with me. She always makes an effort but I always fail to appreciate it. I don't even know why she decided to stay when in fact, she could've just left me a long time ago. My father always doubts her and been saying she was just staying for my money and wealth that I could give once we get married.

 

I never think that way because from what I see, she truly loves me as much as I do. When my father found out I was seeing her, he was against of our relationship and reached to the point that we had to hide. After dealing with my dad, I decided to fight for us. I really thought he accepted us but we were wrong because as always he had a plan. His plan was to arrange me with someone whom I've never met and a completely strange. Heechul came into the picture and I had no choice but do what he wanted because at the end of the day, my father would always get whatever he wants.

 

He also warned me. If I won't end our relationship, he'd do everything he could to make Jieun suffer. My father is so powerful and I know he meant everything he said that's why I'm trying to distance myself from Jieun even though I really want to run and hug her right now, I can't because there are lot of eyes watching me.

 

“Son, how's Heechul?” My father said on the other line.

 

“He's at home and just doing fine. When I left him, he was eating the food I prepared.”

 

“You cooked for him?”

 

“I did.”

 

“It's such a relief that you two are trying to make work things out. Jungsoo, you are doing well. I know I can always count on you.”

 

“Don't worry, he's safe with me.”

 

Right. He's safe with me. Maybe luck isn't on my side but I should really go with my plans and better to accept what I've had now. 

 

 

“I need to go home. My fiancé is waiting for me.” I said and stood up from my seat.

 

“Fiancé?”

 

“I have a fiancé. We're living together and he's waiting.” I responded, avoiding my secretary's eyes. I bet she's shocked.

 

“Okay uh I mean drive safely.” She awkwardly said. I left and went to the parking lot. As placed my things inside and went to the driver's seat. I took off my coat, throwing it at the backseat. I drove off and t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter