13.

Strangers
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter


 

[Jungsoo's Pov] 
 

“Give me that! Please Jieun, put it down.” I said, trying to calm her down.
 

“No!! If you won't come back to me, I'd rather kill myself.” Jieun threatened me and pressed the knife she was holding on her neck.
 

I was at work when I suddenly received a message from Jieun and said she'd kill herself so I hurriedly went to her condo to stop her. As soon as I arrived, I saw her standing and greeted me with a knife in her hand. She's clearly not joking.
 

“Jieun, we already talked about this matter. Why are you doing this to me?” My voice softened. I caused her pain, I couldn't blame her if she felt this way. Everything is my fault so I'll fix this. 

 

“No! You love me, right? Please leave him and come back to me. I need you, Jungsoo.” She cried.
 

I need you and I love you is a different way of proving if you really love someone and based on what she says, she only needs me.
 

“I can't. We're getting married next month and we're already planning everything—Jieun!” I shouted. She slowly cut her neck and it bled. I ran towards her and snatched the knife from her hand.
 

“Please Jungsoo...” She cried even harder and hugged me tightly. I managed to get the knife from her and threw it away. I let her cry until she calmed down.
 


 

I stayed next to Jieun and nursed her wound. She's holding my hand to make sure I won't leave her. I left my phone at my office so I couldn't text Heechul. I know he is worried about me.
 

“Jungsoo...” She called my name and my eyes landed on her. When she saw me, she smiled.
 

“You need something?” I asked her and was about to stand up to get her water but she stopped me.
 

“Don't leave me.” She said, her grip tightened on my hand.
 

“I need to go home. Heechul is waiting for me at home and it's already—” She started to throw a fit again.
 

“Him again?! Why is he the one you always think about? I'm here in front of you but you still worrying about him?! Do you love him?” She said, angrily.
 

“I do.”
 

“No! I'm the only one you love! I'm the only one you should love! That stole you from me.”
 

“Watch your words. I'm not gonna tolerate that. Stop calling him names, you don't even know him.” I warned her but my voice was still calm.
 

She got up and took something from the side of her bed. I was surprised when she pulled out another knife and pointed it at her wrist.
 

“Stop that! Stop threatening me.” I begged her.
 

“I'll give you a chance to think. It's either you'd come back to me or I'd end my life. I know you still love me and it's impossible for you to like Heechul in a short period of time. Jungsoo, you have to come back to me.” Jieun responded.
 

After an hour, I left her house since she fell asleep again. While driving, I couldn't help but be bothered by what Jieun might do to herself. She might hurt or harm herself. If she's done it, she'd definitely do it again until she gets what she wants.
 

When I got home, I was surprised to see Heechul running to the front door to meet me. He welcomed me with a smile but I ignored him.
 

“Jungsoo—” I cut him off.
 

“I'm tired.” I said and I saw how he reacted. I went straight upstairs and I could feel him following me. I went inside my room and shut the door.
 

I sat on the bed and just looked up. Why does this keep happening? Did I really deserve this? I know everything is my fault but why are the challenges that come to me feels so heavy? I just want to be free, happy and start a new life but Jieun won't let that happen. 
 

I lay down on the bed for a while and saw Heechul's favorite pillow. We've decided to sleep in the same room but now, I need to be alone. I picked it up and went out. I saw him standing outside and I approached him. I handed the pillow to him which surprised and confused him.
 

“Let's separate rooms tonight. I want to be alone.” I plainly said. I was about to walk away when I felt his hand, grabbing mine.
 

“Did I do something wrong? Are you mad? Jungsoo—”

 

“I'm just tired.” I slowly removed his hand from mine and returned to my room.


That night, I did nothing but think about how I could get away from this mess. I just need time to figure out everything and I did feel bad for what I did to Heechul but if he's next to me, I wouldn't be able to think of my plans or how I'd handle this alone. 
 

At morning, I woke up early. Well I just slept for 3 hours and still have to go to work. When I went downstairs, there was a smell coming from the kitchen. I just know he's cooking again.
 

I quietly went to the kitchen and watched him while he was cooking our breakfast. Although I did something last night, he still woke up early for me. Who wouldn't fall for a man like him?
 

“Ouch!!!” He made a sound and biting hi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter