3.

Strangers
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

[Heechul's Pov] 

 

“Thank you for dropping me off. Sorry if my mom disturb your night.” I said and unbuckled the seat belt. We finally arrived and yes, he drove me home.

 

“It's fine. Just don't do it again.” He calmly replied.

 

“Stop worrying about me, worry about you and your girlfriend.” I laughed and shook my head.

 

“I don't—”

 

“Wow such a freaking red flag. You've been denying your girlfriend ever since we met and If I were her, I would never date you or even stay with you.” I cut him off and gave him a look.

 

“What?”

 

“I hate repeating my words. I know you heard it, stop acting like you're deaf.” Fine. He's getting into my nerves! I hate how he denied his girlfriend and how he acted. That's such a walking red flag and I don't tolerate it.

 

“Why are you so....” His words trailed off and take a deep breath, he didn't say anything and just avoided my eyes.

 

“Are you done scolding me? If you're done, I'll go ahead and thanks.” I said and got off. As I shut the door, I immediately went inside our house and didn't look back.

 

I went straight to my room and threw myself. I felt so happy when my back landed on my soft bed. I kind of missed my bed and It made me relax. 

 

What a long tiring day. 

 

 

I woke up and went downstairs when my stomach started growling. My parents were already having a breakfast without me. I took a sit and put some foods on my plate. 

 

“How's your hangover? Jungsoo—” I glared at my mom and forced a smile.

 

“Can I eat peacefully? Please.” I politely asked her and she nodded.

 

She kept asking me about Jungsoo and our night when in fact, nothing really happened. He just drove me home and argued. That's it. I don't even what to talk about it anymore. 

 

Once I had my breakfast, I went back to my room and ignored my parents. Not to be rude but I felt like I needed to distance myself from them for a while. I guess that's fine because my feelings are valid. 

 

I checked my phone and received a lot of messages from Donghae and Yesung. I read each one of it and instead of replying, I called him instead. 

 

“So, what happened last night?”

 

“Wow good morning too.”

 

“I don't wanna waste my time so let's get to the point.”

 

“Fine. We only talked last night and dropped me off. To be honest, nothing much happened.”

 

“That's all? Tsk.”

 

“That's all.”

 

“Oh just letting you know that he addressed himself as your fiancé last night.”

 

“He what?” I sat up and frowned.

 

“He introduced himself as your fiancé. Your fiancé looks fine tho.”

 

“He's not my fiancé and besides he has a girlfriend.”

 

“So, are you mad because he got one?”

 

“Why would I be mad? I completely feel bad! If we get married, how about her? She doesn't deserve it.”

 

“You're telling me you're fine marrying him?”

 

“If he's single, I'm all in for the sake of our business and my parents wish but since he's in a relationship, I don't really think I can do it.”

 

“You know what, hearing those words from you makes me feel so sad. I admit it, I used to question myself because I envy you. Everything you need is already in your hands and being rich has an advantage but at the same time, you are losing your own life. It seems like your life purpose already planned ever since you were born and you can't do anything but do what they want.”

 

I was staring outside the window and hugging my knees. After my conversation with Donghae, I managed to process everything and realized what he said was right.

 

It feels like I'm stuck with this forever—If only I have a better plan.... If only...

 

“Right!” I stood up and ran outside my room. I went to my father's office, didn't knock and he was surprised to see me.

 

“Why?” He asked me, confused. I took a sit and started to play with my fingers.

 

“I don't want to marry him.” I nervously said, he slowly took off his glasses and looked at me.

 

“I thought we already settled this one?”

 

“We're different from each other and we don't r—”

 

“That's why we agreed on your suggestion. You wanted to know him, right? You're moving in with him because you want to make it work.” Dad responded.

 

“Just find another one, please. I don't really like him.”

 

“Son, no.”

 

“He has a girlfriend!”

 

“And? I heard he's with her right now and he already made up his mind. Don't worry too much, son. Everything's going to be fine.” Dad smiled at me and my eyes snapped open.

 

Don't tell me he's breaking up with her? No way! I slammed my hands on his table and gave him a disgust look.

 

“Where he is?” I asked my father but he only chuckled.

 

“I'm not telling you. Just pack your things in case he picks you up here.” Dad smiled.

 

I walked back and forth and couldn't calm myself down. It keeps bothering me and I really want to go where they are but my father won't let me. My mom is outside and watching me. I feel like I'm in a prison and I can't escape.

 

I never thought they would do this—I mean this is the first time because before all the man they introduced me, I would ditch them or did things to make them turn off and my parents would let it slide but this one is different. I can't even come up with a plan and can't do anything.

 

All my life I've been living in a prison and I still can't find a way to escape from it.

 

 

[Jungsoo's Pov] 

 

“Hi.” Seol greeted me and kissed me on my cheek. I'm so nervous and can't look straight into her eyes. I feel like If I do, I will cry.

 

I asked her to meet me and I've made up my mind. I know this sounds selfish but I have no choice. After this, for sure she will hate me. I deserve it anyway. 

 

“What's going on?” She asked me. I mustered up all my courage and stared at her.

 

“Let's end this.” I straightforwardly said and she laughed.

 

“Stop fooling around. That ain't funny.” Seol said but I keep my face straight.

 

“I'm serious. Seol, let's break up.” I repeatedly said. When she met my eyes, her tears were about to fall.

 

“What?”

 

“I'm getting married.”

 

“Jungsoo?”

 

“After this, I will pick him up and start to live together in a same house. I'm sorry, Seol. I should've told you earlier.” I said, trying to maintain my emotions.

 

“No! You promised me not to leave me, right? What happened? You—” I cut her off.

 

“People are staring.” I informed her but she ignored me.

 

“Jungsoo!! Why are you doing this to me?” She shouted and she started to cry. 

 

“I'

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter