5.

Strangers
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

[Heechul's Pov] 

 

“Stop going to clubs. I'm tired going back there and nursing your hangover.” Jungsoo said.

 

In the end, I ended up coming with him. I wanted to avoid any attention so after Jungsoo had an argument with the guy I've met there, I pulled Jungsoo out and now we are sitting inside his car.

 

“Did I ask you to pick me up there? I thought you were out?” I sarcastically said. 

 

“I was already done with my errands and when I got home, you weren't there. The only place I could think of is here. I won't be able to sleep if you're not at home.” Jungsoo explained. 

 

And all of the sudden he's acting concerned and sweet? What is his issue? Is he really like this? The is his problem. He keeps confusing me and I feel like he's playing with my feelings. 

 

“Stop that nonsense.” I said, turning my back on him and stared outside.

 

He didn't respond and just drove back home. The ride was quite and although I had a few drinks, this time it didn't make me feel drunk. I'm completely sober and I know what's happening around me.

 

I'm glad we're able to reach home easily since it's already passed midnight and no traffic. I went out first and left him outside while I made my way to the kitchen and grabbed a bottle of water. I suddenly felt thirsty.

 

“Are you hungry?” He peeked his head before going upstairs. 

 

“I'm not and even if I do, I can handle myself.” I said, turning my back and drinking my water. I heard his footsteps and after a few minutes, I went to my room.

 

I was already settled and was about to sleep when my phone lit up. I reached it from the side table and I received a message from an unknown number.

 

From: *unknown number*

     Hi, this is Siwon . I hope you got back home safe and I'm sorry about earlier. I didn't mean to make a scene, I just got mad at your fiancé.

 

Siwon? Oh that guy I've met at the club. I smiled and saved his number. Should I call him or just reply to his message? Fine. 

 

“Hello.”

 

“Hey, you're still up. I thought you were sleeping.”

 

“We just got home and I couldn't sleep so I decided to call you. I'm kinda feeling lazy to reply so I ended up calling you.”

 

“Hearing your voice is much better than reading your reply. How are you? Did you two fight?”

 

“We did not. Everything's fine and I'm feeling good.”

 

“That's a relief. Why are you going to marry him? It looks like he doesn't really like you.”

 

“I too. Our feelings are mutual.”

 

“Then why?”

 

“Arrange marriage. It's all about business.”

 

“That . I hope you can still get away from it.”

 

“Let's not talk about it. I don't even want to think about it.”

 

“Fine. When are you going to be free? Let's stop hanging out at the club and have a decent meet up.”

 

“I'm always free. I usually stays at home while he works.”

 

“Really? How about next week?”

 

“Deal.”

 

We spent an hour talking over the phone and our topic was so random. I kept laughing and he surprisingly talked a lot. When I left at the club, He asked my friends about my name and number. I feel so relaxed. When I felt sleepy, I decided to end our conversation and bid our goodbyes.

 

I slept with a smile on my face.

 

 

A week already passed and we still the same. He often spends his time outside while I'm always at home. We sometimes talk but I can still feel the awkwardness between us. He seems distant and I too. I always cook and he never eats it. I feel like he draw a line and boundaries; I'm fine with it.

 

My mom and dad never visit us—it seems like they are giving us time to know each other and don't wanna bother us. I sometimes visit Heebum and he's still living with Donghae. I badly want to bring him with me but I need to ask Jungsoo first.

 

Siwon and I are kind of close now and we're planning to meet this coming sunday as he promised the last time we talked. He said he was really busy so he kept moving the day which was fine. I'm not rushing him.

 

My neighbor Kyunghoon, I've never seen him again. He said when I'm bored, go to the park and meet him there but everytime I go there, he doesn't show up. I always end up playing with Ola and some other kids.

 

“I'm leaving.” Jungsoo said.

 

“Hmm.” I only hummed as an answer and just focus myself on what I'm doing. He left and that's it. He usually does that and I honestly don't know what to feel. I've never treated this way before and he's the worst.

 

I took a break from cleaning our house and sat down, checking my phone. I the music and I wanted to brush off the feeling I've had right now. I need to calm myself down and more patience for the following days. We've been living together for a week but it's already felt so long. 

 

I raised up the volume and started to dance; feeling the moment and having fun in my own world. I keep dancing and cleaning too. I sometimes try to sing using the mop I was holding. I was really having a blast not until I saw someone's reflection.

 

“! What are you doing there? I thought you left?” I yelled at him. I saw him leaning against the wall and watching me.

 

“I forgot my keys.”

 

“Whatever.” I rolled my eyes and turned off the music. He ruined my moment!

 

“Never thought you were good at dancing and singing.” Out of nowhere, he complimented me.

 

"Oh shut up.” I responded, irritated. I heard his laugh and when I looked at him, he was smiling not a fake one but a smile I've never seen before.

 

As soon as I saw his smile, my heart skipped a beat and I felt like my face was turning red without knowing why. When he shifted his eyes to me, I looked away and acted like I was busy with my phone.

 

“Sorry to ruin your moment. I'm leaving again. You can have your lovely time alone.” He smiled again and finally left.

 

I sat down, my hand was on my chest. What was with him? Why was he smiling like that? Dam

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter