11.

Strangers
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

[Heechul's Pov] 

 

I was busy watching when I saw the lunchbox I prepared for Jungsoo still on the table. It seems like he forgot to bring it. I took my phone and dialed Jungsoo's number but he didn't pick it up. Maybe he was just busy. I decided to go at his workplace and personally give it to him  

 

I dressed up and got into the cab. It didn't take long and the trip was only 20 minutes. I got off, paid for my fare and entered the building.

 

“Hi I'm Kim Heechul, can I see Mr. Park?” I said to the receptionist and she smiled at me.

 

“Sir, can you wait? Mr. Park has a guest at his office. I'll inform him about your arrival.” She politely said.

 

Oh it makes sense. Maybe he has an ongoing meeting so he can't really pick up my call. Should I just leave the lunchbox here and let them hand it to him? I don't want to disturb him.

 

“He has a meeting?” 

 

“No Sir, his girlfriend visited him and Mr. Park said not to accept other visitors.” 

 

Girlfriend? I thought they already broke up? Is he just lying to me?

 

“G-girlfriend?” I stammered and she nodded.

 

“Yes—”

 

“But I'm his fiancé.” I cut her off and saw how her reaction changed when I said I was Jungsoo's fiancé.

 

“Fiancé?” She said and started panicking. She was about to call someone but I stopped her.

 

“Don't. Let me go there and see what they are doing.” I said and while saying those words, my heart started to beat really fast.

 

She did what I requested and assisted me to Jungsoo's office floor. While we were in the elevator, I couldn't help but overthink. So everything he showed me was just an act? I knew it! His maine purpose was only to impress our parents. I thought he changed for the better but it seems I was wrong.

 

“We're here.” the elevator opened and she got out first. I was behind her and the employees I was passing by, were looking at me.

 

The receptionist approached a girl and it was as if they were talking about me because the other girl suddenly looked at me. After their conversation, the other girl approached me.

 

“Mr. Kim, I'm the secretary of Mr. Park. There's someone else in his office...” I didn't hear what he said because suddenly a woman came out from a room that I assumed was Jungsoo's office. She looks mad, hurt and devastated.

 

“I want to see my fiancé.” I said. I didn't wait for them to answer and went straight into Jungsoo's office.

 

This might sound rude but I didn't bother to knock on his door. I slammed the door open and he was obviously surprised when he saw me but it was replaced by a smile.

 

“Why are you here? You already missed me?” He said, rose up from his swivel chair and strode over me.

 

“They said you were with your girlfriend.” I straightforwardly said and stepped back when he was about to hug me.

 

“Huh?” 

 

“I saw her with my own eyes. I thought we were okay but you're stabbing me behind my back! Just tell me if you want her because I can make a way out of this situation—” and here he is again. He cupped my cheeks and gently kissed my lips.

 

“Can I talk now?” He said as he pulled apart.

 

“....” I wanted to smack his face. How dare he interrupt me?!

 

“What I've said is true. I ended everything between us but Jieun is having a hard time accepting that. I've been ignoring her but this time I let her in to talk to her properly. She knows I'm getting married and I'm not stabbing you behind your back. She needs time to accept and heal from everything she went through. It's also my fault why she became like that.” Jungsoo explained.

 

“And it's also my fault..” I whispered and lowered down my head, staring at the floor.

 

She won't be like that if Jungsoo never chose to marry me. She won't be hurt if I've never came into the picture and ruined their love. I took away the man she loved so much.

 

“Don't worry about her. I'll handle this alone. She only needs time for everything to be fine. She's a strong person so I know she can overcome this too.” Jungsoo softly said, reaching out my hand.

 

“Do you still love her?” I boldly asked him. I don't know what's gotten into me but I just wanted to know if he still loves her because if he says 'yes' I'll let him go and go with my plans but if he says 'no' I'll claim him as my own and be selfish.

 

In a short span of time, I learned to love him—I just keep denying it but I know the feelings I've had for him is slowly growing inside me.

 

“Would you believe me if I said no?” Jungsoo asked with so much sincerity in his voice. 

 

“What?” 

 

“The feelings I've had for her slowly vanished when we started to create our own love story. Sounds funny, right? We've been only together for many weeks but you've helped me to move forward.” He confessed.

 

 

[Jungsoo's Pov] 

 

“Your ex-girlfriend is here and she's making a scene outside.” My secretary informed me through call.

 

“Let her in.” 

 

In just a few minutes, she showed up in front of my door and slowly walked towards me. She looks unhealthy and pale. I felt bad when I saw her because she changed a lot.

 

“Jungsoo.” She called my name in tears and was about to hug me but then I stopped her.

 

“Jieun, sit down first.” I told her and she did it. She couldn't take her eyes off me and I was trying to avoid her stares. 

 

“You haven't changed a bit. You still look fine and...” She paused.

 

I was caught off guard so I mustered up the courage to look at her and when I did, I felt something

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter