Gentle Encounters II

IMPURE

 

It's been three days

 

Wonwoo was slowly getting better.

Today, Jeonghan took the oxygen mask off for him. His breathing got so much better and his fever subsided "A sever pneumonia" Jeonghan said and asked him to stay away from everything cold and humid for now.

 

"You can use your inhaler whenever you feel any shortness of breath okay?"

 

Wonwoo nodded weakly, he looked so thin right now. The last few days took so much energy away from him and Mingyu cursed himself for everything. He was getting healthier and better for a while and suddenly he seemed like he lost more than what he gained.

 

Mingyu smiled at him, it felt like Wonwoo was about to be discharged from a hospital. Jeonghan allowed him to go back to his and Mingyu's room, maybe walk around for a bit and get some fresh air.

Honestly, Wonwoo had no intentions of leaving the bed any time soon and Mingyu was with him most of the time, softly chatting and showering him with kisses and hugs.

 

Mingyu picked him up gently, Wonwoo tried to sit up and leave the bed but was too tired and Mingyu wouldn't let him walk for that long anyways.

He was too quiet, he didn't talk much and only stared at Mingyu's face for far too long until they reached their room. He placed him softly on the mattress and he blushed badly. Being engulfed in Mingyu's strong arms was so reassuring and made him feel safe. It also made him feel so ... guilty.

 

Staring at Mingyu without saying a word became a sort of a habit. He would scan every inch of his face and whenever Mingyu catches him doing so, he would smile and get closer

 

"Do you need anything?"

 

Wonwoo shook his head no and Mingyu patted his cheeks

 

"I'll make us some lunch okay? I was thinking hot chicken soup what do you say?"

 

Wonwoo nodded ... he was grateful to have anything for the matter

 

"Do you have anything in mind you want to eat? tell me"

 

Again, he simply stared at him with his tired eyes and shook his head a second later.

"I'll ask Minghao to stay with you? He's been wanting to see you for a while now, that's okay?"

 

Wonwoo nodded, of course, he and Minghao became close since he and Jun came home.

He could use a friend right now

 

"Okay" Mingyu said feeling a bit sad and unsure. He knew that something was lingering in the back of Wonwoo's head but couldn't tell what it was exactly. He ruffled his hair and covered him tightly before he placed a soft kiss over his forehead and went to the kitchen to make that hot soup he promised.

 

Wonwoo enjoyed the calmness, he closed his eyes and took a deep breath. He wanted to clear his mind but he was too confused. He wanted to visit Jeongkook's grave but how irrational could he be wanting to go back there? He wasn't that brave to do something like that.

 

Mingyu?

 

He can't decide if he deserved him in his life or not ... Mingyu is better off with someone else, someone with less emotional baggage and with a healthy heart. Someone who could attend to his needs and be the best Mate for him.

 

Why did it have to be him? Mingyu definitely deserves better than his sick and weak self, he was blessed but his blessing was a burden. He felt guilty, he doesn't know how to repay any of them or how to even begin to be a better Human.

 

Or maybe he should just be a Wolf instead?

 

He thought about the moment where Mingyu was about to turn him.

If Mingyu turned him right there and then, would everything be better right now? Would he be able to be what Mingyu deserved?

 

He'll be stronger right?

He won't be sick anymore and he can actually feel their connection and their bond. If he was a werewolf, things would be much better ... right?

 

He was still thinking when a soft knock on his door startled him. He didn't have to say anything because only a second later, Minghao walked in and surprisingly was followed by Joshua.

 

Minghao gave him a wide smile and sprinted to his side, flopping on the bed right next to him. Wonwoo retuned the smile, he was actually glad to see them

 

"Hi you" Minghao gave him a tight hug and Joshua joined them soon. The trio simply exchanged greetings and couldn't wait to hear how Wonwoo was doing

 

"Better" he said, his voice was strained and tired from all the coughing fits.

Minghao frowned hearing him talk "You seem tired though" he muttered and Wonwoo smiled sadly "I am" he can't deny it, he was still exhausted.

 

Joshua held his hand "I'm glad you're doing better though, it's just a matter of time you'll be healthy again soon"

 

Wonwoo nodded slowly as if he doesn't really believe that

 

"How can I be a better Mate?"

He suddenly asked out of nowhere and the two exchanged a puzzled look

"Mingyu, he doesn't deserve me, I don't know how I ended up in his life like this but he doesn't deserve someone like me"

 

"Wonwoo what are you talking about? of course he deserves you, you're the best human I ever met"

 

"Exactly ... I'm only a human" he sighed "I'm a broken human, I can't be his Mate, there's some kind of mistake ... he's way too good to be stuck with a sick and helpless human like me"

 

"Wonwoo" Joshua sighed holding Wonwoo's hands together "Mingyu's wolf chose you for a reason, inner wolves can never be mistaken, you are perfect for him" ... "I know it's hard adjusting to everything but you'll learn, we will help you and I trust Mingyu will teach you as well"

 

Minghao smiled and joined them "And Mingyu loves you so much, he'll make sure you're taken cared of ... always" ... "Please never say you're broken again because you're not"

 

Wonwoo wanted to believe them but how could he? He wasn't so sure, his eyes watered and tears started flowing down his face. Joshua reached out and wiped them off "Please no, don't cry ... think about us at least huh? Mingyu will kick our asses for making you cry"

 

A chuckle escaped him ... he nodded, he shouldn't be crying, he should focus on being a better Mate, that's what he should be doing from now on.

 

————

He was feeling tired still, Joshua and Minghao were silently watching over him as he laid down trying to get some rest.

He couldn't talk much, his throat was still sore and he still needed to be careful. Joshua patted his hair gently and run a hand over his forehead "Your fever is back huh?"

 

"It comes and goes"

 

Joshua smiled sadly and watched as Wonwoo panted softly and fought the urge to sleep. He blinked slowly and distracted himself with Minghao's non ending stories.

 

Mingyu came back a while later with lunch as promised and soon, Joshua and Mingaho  left them alone. Wonwoo sat up slowly, he looked really tired and Mingyu wasn't going to keep him up for so long.

Wonwoo ate silently while Mingyu watched over him worried about his fever spiking up again.

 

Once he finished his food, Wonwoo washed up quickly with Mingyu by his side helping him gently, Wonwoo whined feeling too tired and Mingyu immediately took him back to their bed and laid him down right next to him

"Better?"

Wonwoo nodded panting a little, Mingyu watched over him for a bit ruffling his hair and Wonwoo seemed to be enjoying it

 

"Won? Is everything okay? If feels like you don't want to talk to me"

 

Wonwoo just keept staring at Mingyu right next to him, he was feeling warm still and it's not because of the fever.

He gave Mingyu a small smile and reached over to hold onto his shirt and buried himself in his embrace but never said anything.

Mingyu held him close and hugged him tight, he was still a bit worried about him feeling his warm skin against his.

 

 

 

"Min?" He called softly not really wanting to leave the warmth of Mingyu's embrace or  wanting to look up at him but he knew Mingyu was listening "I ..." he breathed in deeply and tried to keep his mind clear.

He stuttered

 

"I ..."

 

"I love you"

 

Mingyu's eyes widened, he felt as if his heart skipped a beat for a second and he stared down at the boy in his arms

 

"And I'm sorry I'm not perfect for you"

... "I'm weak and broken ... I'm not a wolf and I'm no good for you"

 

"Stop ... stop Wonwoo please"

 

Mingyu felt like his heart was about to explode, his inner wolf howling like crazy. He needed to calm down first, he just heard Wonwoo confess to him and it meant absolutely everything to him ... everything

 

"I love you too" he looked down at Wonwoo and lifted his chin up to meet his eyes

"Never be sorry for who you are, I fell in love with you because you are not a wolf, and I'm not perfect either but I that's exactly how I want us to be ... "I love you"

 

Wonwoo started at Mingyu's beautiful dimmed blue eyes trying so hard not to cry right now, his tears threatening to fall when Mingyu leaned over to capture his lips  passionately, Wonwoo gasped for air but he couldn't let go.

 

 

 

 

Mingyu broke their kiss a while later just to get some air, he let his fingers play around Wonwoo's cheeks and felt the way both of their bodies heated up wanting more.

 

Mingyu knew better, he can't hurt Wonwoo like that, the boy was still recovering and not to mention, he can never be ready for a Wolf.

He leaned in to kiss him again and the boy moaned in his arms making it so hard for Mingyu to control himself.

They were both eager for more and more.

 

The kissing scene only got hotter and Mingyu loved every second of it.

Wonwoo melting completely into him and giving him access to every inch of him. Their hands touching all over their bodies and Mingyu's tingling touches around Wonwoo's thighs spreading them apart to get more access to Wonwoo's body.

 

Wonwoo's hand slipping under Mingyu's shirt, now messily ed letting his hands slide all over his body so smooth and irresistible.

 

Mingyu pulled away

He didn't want to take this any further even though he wanted to ... badly

He knew that Wonwoo was no match to his strength and he feared hurting him but it didn't mean that they couldn't enjoy this. Wonwoo pulled him back forgetting about his fever that was now consuming every bit of him and not in the same way he thought it would.

 

They were both panting, even with Mingyu's wolf strength he knew that Wonwoo was giving it his all and it meant so much to him

 

"Baby" he softly called whispering reaching his hands to wipe Wonwoo's lips with his thumb and leaning over for one last kiss "I love you so much"

 

"I love you too"

 

He smiled fondly and felt as Wonwoo tugged on his shirt again brining him in for another hug ... right, kiss and hug was Wonwoo's thing

 

"Mingyu I ... love being here, I love being with you"

 

"I'm so lucky you're in my life and it doesn't matter how or why ... we will figure it out"

 

A few more deep breaths and Wonwoo broke the hug "Maybe you should do it"

Mingyu looked at him with that soft gaze of his still lost in the trance of their heated session

"Maybe you should turn me into a Wolf Mingyu"

 

"What?" Mingyu suddenly frowned "Wonwoo that could change everything and it doesn't even guarantee that you'll still feel the same"

 

"I know I will ... I love you more than anything and I'm ready for it ... I want to be your Mate ... fully yours"

 

Mingyu was staring right into Wonwoo's pleading eyes. His cheeks flushed and body still warm, warmer than ever but he knew that it wasn't from his sickness

"Won ... I"

"I can't until I know for sure that it won't hurt you"

 

"I know it won't ... you will never hurt me right?"

 

"Never"

 

"Then what are we afraid of? I don't want to be sick anymore, I don't want to be afraid anymore and most importantly, I want to be yours"

 

Mingyu swallowed hard "Jeonghan and Scoups seem to think that you have something special in you" he confessed "If I turn you and it doesn't work, I could lose you forever"

 

"Something special? You mean my pure soul Jeonghan keeps talking about?"

 

"Yes, but also its origin" ... "They think that somewhere in your bloodlin, you are or once were a werewolf maybe?"

 

Wonwoo looked confused he didn't know that. He shook his head "I don't know but how can that change anything?"

 

"It does baby, it sadly does" ... "If I turn you and you can't handle it ... you could die"

 

Wonwoo's disappointed face was the saddest thing Mingyu has ever seen "Baby do you remember anything before your master? Your parents maybe? Where you lived?"

 

Wonwoo shook his head "No, nothing before him" he looked away obviously getting consumed by the memories again.

 

"Okay just give us some time to find out what could happened okay? And meanwhile, I can't turn you when you're weak, I need you to be healthy and happy and we can discuss it again soon okay?"

 

Wonwoo smiled and nodded "I will, I promise"

 

"Okay" Mingyu said laying Wonwoo down with yet another deep kiss and breaking it with a soft sigh "You should rest"

 

He was tired but not ready to let go "Well I can't go to sleep now" he chuckled and Mingyu glided him over so effortlessly "Don't say such things, you know I can't resist you"

 

Wonwoo laughed and wrapped his arms around Mingyu's neck brining him in for yet another kissing session. They kissed and talked for a long time before Wonwoo was seriously out of breaths again and Mingyu had to pass him his inhaler.

They decided it was enough ... Mingyu can't risk it any longer and simply laid next to Wonwoo on the bed brining him closer in his arms and feeling his soft hot breaths against his neck.

 

He kissed his forehead and caressed his cheeks, he was the sweetest softest thing in the world. Mingyu wondered just how did he end up with this beautiful, kind and warm Angel by his side. It was still too complicated for them but Mingyu cared less about any of it and just wanted to stay like this forever.

 

Wonwoo seemed to be resting well and his fever was almost gone as soon as the next daylight broke but still wasn't allowed to leave the bed yet. Mingyu made sure he got everything he needed including all of his cuddles and sweet kisses all over him.

Wonwoo a blushing mess and Mingyu a proud wolf.

 

—————

Soonyoung and Jihoon were gone to the city, Vernon and Seungkwan playing around somewhere, Dino with Joshu in the library, DK and Jun went on a small hunting trip and Minghao was painting in his studio. Everything seemed to be getting calmer around the house, Jeonghan enjoyed the cup of coffee his Mate brought to his hands outside in the terrace

 

"So DK and Joshua are delaying their engagement?" Scoups asked upon hearing the news from Jeonghan. He had a small talk with Joshua earlier and the younger told him that him and DK will wait for a bit until things calm down.

 

Jeonghan shrugged "Yeah, since I got poisoned, Vernon relapsing, Wonwoo getting sick, we can still smell the scent of Suho around ... things have been" he sighed "things have been really hard lately so, they are waiting for a better moment"

 

Seungcheol nodded "I hope they won't wait for too long though"

 

"I think we should make sure that doesn't happen"

 

Seungcheol nodded "I'm setting a curfew then, we need to make sure everyone is safe and healthy, I don't want any risks or surprises ... baby we need a break from everything really"

 

Jeonghan couldn't agree more, they needed a little more peace around. There was just so much going on and they lost track of everything. It was about time Seungcheol did something about it.

 

So for the next few days, Seungcheol made sure that everyone was around, that everything was calm, well taken cared of and everyone was safe and healthy. They simply needed some serenity, some peace for everyone to heal and process.