Moments like these

IMPURE

 

Warning

Chapter contains distressing content but also fluff and comfort

More characters background explanation ahead

 

—————

All it takes are little moments they say.

 

Little moments can define us, build us or destroy everything we worked so hard to achieve, and it's up to us to make that choice.

 

Jeonghan and Scoups left what we can now call Wonwoo's room without saying a word to each other, both in better moods than they were in that morning and slightly more comfortable, mostly Jeonghan but Scoups guards remained high up.

They walked up to their room, with Jeonghan leading the way up the stairs. The boy looked soft and just overall calm, Scoups eyed him as he pushed the door open to the bright light in their room, the curtains were fully open and the sunlight found its way to illuminate the entire place.

 

Jeonghan knew just how much Scoups was putting his guards up, sure, he was just too careful.

So many many things crossing both of their minds, mostly Scoups, he was worried about many things but especially about Jeonghan.

The slender boy had his share of inhuman unfair treatments in the past. Yes, they've dealt with many throughout the years but never this close.

Never too close, or under their own roof for the matter.

 

Silent, Jeonghan walked over near the window where the sunshine fell ever so gracefully over his face bringing his delicate features to light while Scoups simply sat on their bed, he seemed to have his mind wonder somewhere. When he looked up, Jeonghan's shirt was off and he was rummaging through some stuff, a soft sad and worried look filled Scoups face as he got up and walked toward his mate.

 

Walking over, his eyes trailed at Jeonghan's back, he stood behind him wrapping a warm hand over his waist. A back hug always made Jeonghan smile and it never failed, the younger smiled widely.

 

Both were lost into their own thoughts but soon they were brought back to reality. Scoups run his fingertips over the burn marks on Jeonghan's back, he was trying so hard to block the memories from coming back. He leaned over to leave a couple of sweet kisses on Jeonghan's shoulder. Jeonghan closed his eyes for a second leaning into his mate completely while Scoups continued to leave a trail of beautiful little kisses all over his shoulder and neck.

 

Jeonghan finally turned around to face his mate, their eyes met, both tired, sad and cautious. Jeonghan's hand found its way to caress Scoups jawline

 

"I know you're worried, you know I'm here for you right?"

 

Scoups nodded "I know, I'm mostly worried about you though"

 

"And about Mingyu having a connection with a Human?"

 

Scoups nodded

"Yes, and about Mingyu"

 

"Joshua and the Twins being this close to a human knowing what they went through?"

 

"Yeah them too"

 

"And Vernon is just being so random lately I don't know what he's up to"

 

"Yes him too"

 

"I want Chan away from all of this though"

 

"I wouldn't let him get any closer anyways"

 

A chuckle escaped both of them, their conversation was nothing but stating facts. They were worried about everyone, their foreheads colliding with each other

"He's so pure though" Jeonghan trailed off, the moment was too gentle and unexpectedly calm "I wish I could show you Cheol"

 

"I trust you I don't need to see it to know that ... I believe you Angel" ... "It's just that humans are unpredictable, he's pure today the next 5 minutes doesn't guarantee the same, they are easily manipulated and their intentions sway with the wind"

 

"I know ... I know" Jeonghan said as his fingertips trailed down Scoups body and finally resting on his hands holding them tight

"But it's different with this one, something is just so different about him"

 

"Jeonhan" Scoups called his mate, his voice gentle and passionate, his hand under his chin forcing him to look up at him "Until I'm sure, please, I need to do this, I need to know for sure"

 

Jeonghan scanned his mate's face, knowing for sure that there was no other way around it, he finally submitted and simply nodded. Hypnosis wasn't Jeonghan's cup of tea, matter of fact, he hated it so freaking much, but for Scoups, he would do anything

 

Trying to change up the mood, Jeonghan put his sunshine smile back on again "I'm taking a shower"

 

right he was still shirtless

 

"Wanna join me?"

 

A mischievous smile hang upon Scoups face "Yeah that sounds perfect"

 

Jeonghan giggled as he dragged his mate to the shower. Unfortunately, they couldn't do much inside the house, the smell of their pheromones would suffocate everyone inside but it never stopped them from fooling around.

 

*Little moments like these*

 

—————

In the library, Joshua had his knees close to his chest, his head resting on them and hands hugging himself. His breaths going rapidly as he rocked himself left and right.

He was lost in a world where his own thoughts were the scariest, he couldn't escape them because then, he'll have to escape himself.

 

Joshua was in this position for a while now. He wasn't really aware of things around him, he was only glad that he sent Chan straight to his room earlier, he was glad that the younger wasn't there to witness him in this condition.

 

He doesn't know for how long he's been sitting like this. The library has always been his safe place, burring himself in these books gave him comfort and it reminded him of his late mother.

It reminded him of the many nights they spent curled up in a place just like this, the smell of coffee and hot chocolate filling the place as they flipped pages after pages.

 

Whenever his wall of bricks started to crumble and shake, he always hid here, with a book or a research to keep his mind occupied.

It was a dreadful morning and all he wanted  to do was to hide.

 

The next thing he felt, was a warm hand going across his back and soon enough, engulfed him in a tight embrace.

 

Joshua didn't have to look and see who it was.

The scent was way too familiar to him by now, he was grateful to have his presence and warmth surrounding him like a protective bubble everytime he needed him.

 

"Shua baby ... breathe, it's okay, you're safe"

 

DK tried to sooth him, running his hand up and down his back. He knew too well what Joshua was going through, and he was glad that Scoups sent him to check on him.

 

Sadly, this wasn't new to him.

 

DK witnessed Joshua in this condition so many times before and he was glad that he was getting better throughout the years but apparently, he was wrong.

 

Joshua just leaned into him, he froze in DK's arms for a while, trying to regain his composure

 

"Dokyeom I don't like this"

Joshua finally confessed in between his tired breaths

 

"I know you don't" DK knew, there wasn't much he could do right now but, he knew everything

 

"I can't stand having a human this close"

 

"I know"

 

"Coups promised me" he finally looked up to face DK "YOU promised me"

 

A Moment of silence fell over, DK was looking down at a broken hearted Joshua

 

"I did" he confirmed "And I'm intending to keep my promise"

 

"I don't know for how long I can keep it together"

 

"I'm here, it's okay, your feelings are valid" ... "but nothing's going to happen"

 

Joshua's sad and broken eyes penetrated through DK's mind and soul.

He couldn't avoid the fear in them, he knew exactly why Joshua was acting this way and could never blame him for it.

 

No one ever could actually.

 

DK tightened his grip around Joshua's shoulders bringing him even closer in his arms and Joshua leaning into the feeling and burying his face further into DK's chest.

 

He felt DK placing a soft and protective kiss on the top of his head and gently brushing his hair.

 

They sat like that for a while ignoring the commotion that was happening at the end of the hallway. They were not welcomed, Scoups made sure to put boundaries for everyone and honestly, DK didn't care less. He'd rather stay here with Joshua instead of dealing with whatever Mingyu got himself into.

 

Soon enough, DK felt Joshua relaxing in his arms, the boy was tired and terrified, he dozed off right there on the library's floor. DK only tightened his arms around him, and no matter how uncomfortable it was, he wouldn't dare to move or disturb him.

 

It must have been an hour or so, Joshua was sleeping peacefully in DK's arms unmoving.

His attention suddenly diverted to the scent that was getting closer to them.

Familiar as it was, DK picked his head up to greet it.

Dino softly knocked before entering, even though he knew exactly who he would find behind the closed door, he turned the knob and walked inside without thinking twice and stopped in his trails once he saw the way the two were sprawled on the floor with Joshua in DK's arms.

 

It was no compromising position but for some reason, Dino was embarrassed "Sorry" the younger mumbled "I'll leav-" and before he could finish his sentence, DK cut him off

 

"Come in and the door behind you"

 

He ordered, whispering not wanting to wake the sleeping boy up. DK had this authoritarian tone in his voice, not like Scoups but almost similar.

Dino was hesitant at first, but did was he was told. He closed the door and DK motioned him to sit down on the sofa across from him

 

 

 

Dino was a little puppy, he didn't ask many questions but he knew enough. He wasn't sure however, what did he walk into.

The room didn't smell of anything weird, it smelled kind of sad, and somehow even calmer than usual. Almost like the way Jeonghan's spirit was, calm and relaxing.

 

He sat on the sofa not sure of what to say but DK broke the silence anyways

 

"You must be overwhelmed with everything's that's happening, are you okay?" DK asked

 

"I'm not really sure why everyone is making a big deal out of it?" Dino was honest about his feelings, he couldn't really understand why was it a big deal.

"Mingyu helped someone and it happened to be a human, it's a little unusual true, but why is it so wrong?" ... "Jeonghan and Scoups help people all the time, they helped me you know? And I was almost a lost cause"

 

DK gave him a smile that didn't reach his eyes, a smile full of sincerity and maybe sadness too "Yeah that sounds like them" ...

"It's just a little bit more complicated kiddo that's all"

 

Dino understood of course, but his attention however, hovered over Joshua's sleeping figure "How about Joshu? is he okay?"

 

DK looked down at the boy in his arms, a hand traveled up and down his back

 

"I'm not sure if he'll ever be okay again, but right now, he's just sleeping"

 

"I don't want to be rude bu-"

 

Dino wasn't sure if he should be asking, but he has never seen the two this close before. DK cuts him off one more time revealing a sad and a rather shocking fact

 

"We shared a connection once" his eyes longing for the boy in his arms "Joshua and I"

 

Dino went blank, his questions stuck in his throat ... what?

 

"It was a long time ago but ... we lost it"

 

Dokyeom sounded really sad and regretful while Dino was simply puzzled. He should have known, he was new here but he should pick up these things easily right?

 

Dino blinked for a second "W-what? What happened?"

 

A second of silence took over, DK closed his eyes and Dino figured that he was trying to remember the reason why the two lost their connection

 

"Humans happened"

 

DK's answer wasn't exactly what Dino was hoping for. It was rather random and very vague and the older wasn't ready to give him anymore details

 

"Get some rest kiddo, once Scoups calls us we need to be ready for whatever shenanigans Mingyu's up to with that human boy"

 

"He has a pure soul though, what can he possibly do?" Dino scoffed

 

"Most probably nothing but ... you never know"

 

Dino nodded, the reason he came to the library anyways was because he didn't want to stay alone in his room. He hated the  dreadful silence that took over their usually loud house. He actually liked it when the noises filled the pace and most importantly, he hated to stay alone. He let his head rest on one of the cushions and simply just focused on getting some rest for now.

 

Moments like these.

 

—————

Trigger Warning:

*Mention of Drug use and distressing content

 

Vernon was laying on his bed, a hand resting over his forehead and eyes.

He was, well ... in another world, spinning him left and right.

The sensation was sickening but at the same time ... intoxicating.

 

His room had two beds, the 2nd bed was untouched and unused for years now, but Vernon didn't bother to find himself another room or get rid of the useless furniture. It just reminded him so much of Sophia, his sister, when they were younger sharing the same bedroom.

 

Vernon was so high right now, he shouldn't have taken that 2nd pill.

He was too anxious earlier, he's almost anxious all the time recently and these pills gave him strength, self confidence and just ... a rush that he really enjoyed

 

"A Human? Really Kim Mingyu?" He mumbled to himself feeling the aftermath of the 2nd pill he took earlier.

He was so screwed if one of the others was to find out.

Jeonghan would be so disappointed, and Scoups would be so mad at him that he might actually kick him out.

 

He sat there thinking he shouldn't have done this

 

"I shouldn't have done this,

I can't go back to the same hole I came out of years ago

I'm not going back

I ..

I ..

I can't —"

 

The voices in his head were getting distant, his inner wolf was going numb, his vision blurry and he couldn't the memories of his younger sister *Sophia* from rushing through the back of his back

 

"I miss you, I want to see you again" he mumbled to himself and soon, tears fell off his cheeks and he breathed in a painful amount of air almost bruising his lungs.

 

He lost touch with the world soon after.

He was floating somewhere rather peaceful. He heard his name being called but it was so far away that he couldn't reach out for it.

 

Vernon was pretty sure that he was just hallucinating but ... was he?

 

—————

Seungkwan, felt the cold breeze of that morning crawling down his spine. He was so anxious pacing up and down his room. He was tensing up quickly and he hated the feeling

 

"A human? Really Mingyu? A pure soul human?" ... "Here?"

 

Everyone seemed to be asking the same question but Seungkwan was more concerned about Joshua and his twin brother than anything else.

 

He knew for sure that the two were probably together. DK would take care of Joshua no matter what, no matter how complicated things were between them, DK had a special place for Joshua ... always.

 

So they'll be fine, he'll be fine too, DK will find him soon too and they'll talk about it, they always do.

 

Seungkwan took a deep breath, he decided to step out of his room. He passed by Vernon's room since it was right next to his when something caught his attention.

 

Vernon's scent was too faint and almost nonexistent and that happened only in a few cases. Either his inner wolf was too weak or injured or sick or, something really bad has happened.

 

Seungkwan's heart skipped a beat "What the fu-" he mumbled to himself before forcing himself inside Vernon's room.

 

Vernon has always been so tidy, the 2nd bed that always reminded him of his past was kept in a neat way but Seungkwan had zero interest in what the room looked like right now.

 

Vernon was on the verge of an overdose

 

" " Seungkwan rushed in an attempt to wake up 🔝 the other

"VERNON?"

He shook him violently

Called his name

Basically slapped him over and over again until Vernon finally cracked his eyes open.

 

"LOOK AT ME VERNON PLEASE"

 

Seungkwa pleaded trying to get Vernon's attention and get any type of response from him

 

"HOW DID YOU EVEN GET THIS?"

 

Seungkwan asked frantically holding Vernon straight up, he seemed to be a little awake, at least now he was doing whatever Seungkwan guided him to do

 

"Come on" Seungkwan put a hand around Vernon's shoulders and dragged him outside. Don't ask me how Seungkwan managed to keep his scent under control because suppressing it wasn't an easy task

 

"If Scoups or Jeonghan find out, you are dead meat"

 

The cold winter morning air hit Seungkwan's face once again, he cursed himself for what was happening and what was about to happen.

He basically dragged Vernon's wobbling body outside the house, and vanished somewhere through the woods and behind the trees.

Seungkwan could only think of one place right now.

 

The tree house they built a long time ago a bit deeper into the forest when Mingyu first joined them.

The treehouse soon became a gateway place for them. Whenever they wanted a place to get some peace and quite, the tree house offered a small haven that Mingyu has done a great job building and maintaining

 

 

 

Scared and doesn't know what to do exactly, Seungkwan put Vernon on the hard wooden floor, the younger looking a bit more stable  now that the freezing morning air slapped him awake.

 

He was frantically scanning Seungkwan's face with delusional eyes, his breaths hitching a little struggling to keep it in check.

Seungkwan couldn't believe what Vernon has done to himself

 

"How could you do this?" He lectured, he was broken seeing Vernon in such a state "I thought we put this behind us, why Vernon? Why?" He asked but got no answers in return.

 

He sat there for a while, wiping the sweat off the boy's forehead as he watched him slowly regain his consciousness. Now that they were far away from everyone, maybe Seungkwan could knock some sense into him, but for now, he promised to just be there for him and understand what the hell is going on.

 

Moments like these, scary but reassuring. Vernon couldn't be more grateful.

 

—————

Hoshi and Woozi were lying down on Woozi's bed with their hands intertwined merely staring into the ceiling. The feeling of familiarity and comfort filled the place and Hoshi couldn't be any happier.

 

"Thank you" he muttered, tightening his grip around Woozi's hand

 

A moment of silence took over before Woozi could say something "I don't want to loose you Hoshi"

 

"You won't loose me"

 

"What if it doesn't work between us?"

 

"Then we'll stay the same"

 

Woozi was worried, yes they shared a rather sweet connection but no, he wasn't ready to risk their friendship, he was scared and doubtful of what the future might hold for them.

 

Hoshi was more than reliable, he was kind and thoughtful and so patient with him. He was extremely gentle with Hoshi all those nights he rejected him, standing at his door waiting for his permission to simply talk to him.

 

Woozi smiled scanning Hoshi's face laying next to him "You promise?"

Hoshi didn't have to think twice

"Yes I promise"

 

Moments like these, uncertain but safe ... for now at least.

 

"Mingyu found himself a little human, how funny"

 

Soonyoung said and Woozi chuckled almost immediately thinking of the whole situation

 

"I don't get it really but" Woozi was rather amused "I'm curious though let's see what happens with them"

 

As if Mingyu wasn't almost in the same situation they were in, a *Let's see* situation but their situation somehow made more sense but what to become of Mingyu and Wonwoo?

—————

 

The two were sitting in silence, Wonwoo blinking rather slowly staring into nothing while Mingyu watched him closely

 

"You're staring" Wonwoo stated the obvious and Mingyu couldn't deny it

"Yes I am" he said with a full hearted smile not breaking his gaze

 

"Why me Mingyu?" Wonwoo asked curious and somehow sad.

 

He runaway from his previous life just to be captured by another. He was used to be told what to do his entire life, used to being submissive and caged.

He runaway to break free form everything, he just wanted to die but Mingyu chose him, he chose him with this connection he knew nothing about

 

"I don't know" Mingyu responded honestly "We don't choose our connections, it just happens"

 

Wonwoo finally had it in him to look at Mingyu. Their eyes met and Mingyu's inner wolf jumped inside of him. Wonwoo's eyes had something that Mingyu could never explain

 

"What happens now?" Wonwoo asked, afraid of the answer, what is there to come from this so called connection?

 

"I was hoping you would let me find out"

Mingyu was sincere and his gaze soft and full of anticipation. He didn't look threatening nor scary but on the contrary.

 

Wonwoo looked away immediately avoiding Mingyu's eyes again. His gaze was so strong and he couldn't handle it, nothing intimidating about it but it was just so protective in away Wonwoo couldn't understand.

 

"I don't know what do you want from me" Wonwoo confessed "My life doesn't mean anything to me anymore and I was about to end it myself ... I didn't choose this, you have to know that I have nothing to loose"

 

Mingyu couldn't take his eyes off Wonwoo, he was gracefully just sitting there "I know and I don't want anything from you ... I just —"

 

"Then WHY?"

 

Wonwoo cut him off like a sharp knife "Why am I here? I'm supposed to be dead"

 

Wonwoo struggled to suppress his tears again "I runaway ... I killed myself and what do You do?" ... "I didn't ask to be saved Mingyu"

 

Mingyu moved closer upon seeing Wonwoo's tears. He sat near him knowing exactly how vulnerable Wonwoo was, he simply let his hand fall over Wonwoo's fingertips trying to hold his hand but gained no reaction from the other

 

"When I found you in the forest, I couldn't help myself from ..." Mingyu sighed, this was the most complicated thing he had to explain

"When our eyes met, something clicked inside of me forever, I'm a werewolf Wonwoo and these things don't just happen, I can't let you go, I can't let you die"

 

He reached his hand up to softly wipe Wonwoo's hot tears away "I will never hurt you, I will do my best to always make you feel comfortable and I don't want anything from you, I just want you to live ... just live for now"

 

"Live for me ... just live"

 

—————

So much has happened here, sorry if it's confusing.

A long explanation of Joshua, DK & Seungkwan background story coming up on the next chapter