Butterfly

That Kind of Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Flashback (Mommy Taeyeon’s POV)

 

It was midnight when they rushed me to the hospital. In less than an hour I am in VIP room, surrounded by doctors and nurses. They are the people who knew my situation and signed a non-disclosure form the moment I was admitted. 

 

To say that I am in pain is an understatement. It was almost unbearable, as if the pain is tearing my whole body apart. 

 

“It might take hours. Miss Taeyeon is not fully dilated.”

 

I heard one of the doctors informed the team. I thought of dying if this pain persists for hours. Months before my due date, I decided that I will do a normal birth, a decision that made me cringed in excruciating pain at the moment. 

 

“She’s in too much pain doctor. What if the baby…”

 

“Don’t worry Mr. Kwon. We are monitoring the baby and Miss Taeyeon’s condition.”

 

Another wave of painful spell hit me just after the doctors and nurses went out of the room. I grab Jiyong’s arm for support. The pain was too much that I felt like I almost lose consciousness. Jiyong tried to pacify the pain by massaging my back and telling me assurance that it will soon be fine and worth it. We might be hours away from meeting our little princess and Jiyong’s soothing words somehow distracted me.

 

“Our parents will be here soon. Don’t worry Taeyeon-ah. I know you are strong and I love you.”

 

I don’t know if it is the pain that is making me hear things but did he just say ‘I love you’ to me? Is it for me or for baby girl!? Because when he said those words- he is gently touching my tummy. Don’t confuse me, Jiyong. I thought and I do not have the ability to think straight because of the pain that consumes my body. 

 

“I am sorry, Taeyeon. I am sorry because of me you are experiencing this pain right now.”

 

Ahh the ‘I love you’ a while ago is for baby girl and the ‘I am sorry’ is definitely for me. Yes, you should be sorry Jiyong… If not because of you, I wouldn’t be lying here helpless and almost dying because of the pain. But at the same time, if not because of you, I wouldn’t have baby girl. I am so excited to meet my Jiyeon. Jiyong too is way too excited to meet our daughter. Too excited that he spends a fortune even before our child is born. The Chanel couture infant clothes made just for our baby Jiyeon arrived a month ago. At first, he hides it from me but when I am about to shop for the clothes that I will bring to the hospital, Jiyong admitted that he got it ready. The bodysuits, mittens, socks, bibs, beanies and even the baby bag is freakin Chanel.

 

I lost count of hours because the next thing I heard is the baby monitor’s alarming sound and then they transferred me to the delivery room. I was in a blur after that. I push and push but I was totally exhausted. The doctor told me that I have to push more or else Jiyeon will be in danger. So, with all the energy left in me, I push my hardest and soon after the cry of a newborn baby filled the room. I glanced at Jiyong who is just beside me, holding my hand and leaning in to kiss to my forehead. 

 

“Our baby is here. Jiyeon is here. You did well Taeyeon. Thank you so much.”

 

I heard him say while repeatedly kissing my face. He is crying as the doctor instructed him to cut our baby’s umbilical cord. Soon after, they placed Jiyeon on top of me, the skin-to-skin contact soothes her cry. 

 

“She’s beautiful just like you.”

 

Indeed, she is. My beautiful baby Jiyeon. Is this what they called love at first sight? Despite the exhaustion, I was able to observe how perfect my baby is. I can’t stop the tears from flowing. Happy tears because of my baby Jiyeon. A baby I can call mine. Now I am truly a mother to a child. Scared but totally excited. 

 

When the nurses took away my baby for them to clean and examine, my baby started crying again. They joked that the baby is vocalizing and having her mini concert in the nursery room.

 

I wouldn’t forget that day. The day I gave birth to Jiyeon and the day Jiyong said ‘I love you’ not just for our daughter but also to me.

 

 

Kim Taeyeon’s Place, Seoul

Mommy Taengoo’s POV

 

 

“Baby, of all my songs, which one is your favorite?”

 

I asked Jiyeon as I help her get ready for tonight’s biking trip with her father, her uncle and baby Eden. After her therapy, Jiyong decided that they will go on with their biking trip because Jiyeon is very much excited about it. Since that therapy session, she became more clingy to me, not that I am complaining because I find it cute that she behaves like this. She never let me out of her sight.

 

“I like watching your Music Videos.”

 

My daughter is busy watching the MV of my song ‘Weekend’ while I arrange clothes for her. We’ll be leaving soon because as they go on their biking trip, Dami Eonnie and I will prepare dinner. We also invited Kwon Omma and Kwon Appa.

 

“What is your favorite song of Mom?”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter