Gravity

That Kind of Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Private Medical Center (Seoul)

Taeyeon’s POV

 

“You look so happy today, Jiyeon. Something good happened?”

 

Today is Jiyeon’s therapy day and Jiyong’s sister, Dami and I were seating at the opposite room where my daughter is. Jiyeon is there with the child psychologist. We can hear and see what is going on inside that room. The one-way mirror provides an audible and clear view of the conversation between Jiyeon and the psychologist.

 

 

“I spend the whole day with Mom yesterday. I saw a lot of my baby photos and Mom tell me stories about the time she was pregnant with me.”

 

 

Jiyeon said while focusing in the coloring book in front of her. Jiyeon love arts since she was a baby. And she keeps getting better each day. She mentioned to me before that she wanted to do an exhibit years from now. But she’s secretive when it comes to her arts- she said that she’s still in the process of completing them. Her art studio? Well, it is located in the house of her grandparents, Jiyong’s Omma and Appa.

 

 

“You had quality time with your mom which is good. So how is your mom? Is she happy, tired, relaxed… Can you tell me more about how you feel when you spend time with her.”

 

 

The Psychologist asked while writing down on her chart. She’s very attentive of Jiyeon’s conscious and unconscious body language.

 

“I love spending time with my mom. We browsed the photos and recollect the past, we embraced and we cried together. But it was happy tears. There was one photo that I really like- it was the photo of her recording in a studio when she was pregnant with me. She said that when she was singing that time, it was pure love and nothing else. Mom looks so happy too when we are together. We teased each other, play, bake, cook together. But I can’t help but feel sad, maybe scared after that.”

 

“Why do you feel sad?”

 

“Because I feel like my happiness is only temporary. Mom is busy and when she started working again, I am afraid she will forget about me. And of course, Mom needs to work. She is happy singing on stage. My Aunt said that my mom and dad feel very much alive when they are performing on stage. It is their life, their passion.”

 

“Did you tell your mom about your worries?”

 

“No, I didn’t. I feel like if I tell Mom, isn’t it being selfish?”

 

“You look excited when you came in a while ago. Is there more into it? Something happened aside from spending time with your mom?”

 

“Yesterday with Mom was the happiest. She was away for some months but now she said she is on vacation. I am happy seeing Mom and Dad together. We slept in the same bed last night too. Mom and Dad were embracing each other when I woke up and it made me smile.”

 

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter