Heartbreaker

That Kind of Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Kwon Jiyong’s POV

 

 

I was in Busan for a Peaceminusone event when Taeyeon called me. I failed to answer her call for about three times and she also sent me messages, telling me to answer my phone as soon as possible. When she tried calling me again, her voice desperate and laced with worries. She’s crying on the other line. It took some time for her to tell me what she wanted to say because she’s crying nonstop.

 

 

“Jiyong, I am so worried. Please, please go and see Jiyeonnie.”

“You said she is with my sister? At my parents’ house?”

“Yes. She’s been with Dami Eonnie since morning. Jiyeonnie skipped her ballet class today. And Dami Eonnie told me that our daughter wanted to run away. She doesn’t want to eat and when I called a while ago, she asked me if we regret having her. Please help me, Jiyong. Please go and see my baby.”

 

 

Taeyeon repeatedly asked for my help to check Jiyeon. The ride back home might take more than three hours and the event hasn’t been done yet but I told my manager that I must go home urgently. I assured Taeyeon that I will come home immediately. I can’t help but get worried too- our Jiyeonnie is not feeling emotionally well lately and we, her parents took the blame. The recent visit to the specialist confirmed that she’s struggling with juvenile anxiety and depression. I was in disbelief when the doctor told us about it but the series of tests and interviews confirmed our worst fear. I admit that I cried even after Jiyeon’s diagnosis. Taeyeon was inconsolable too, blaming herself because of what is happening to our daughter. The doctor advised us to spend more time with Jiyeon and as much as possible, encourage her to talk and support her no matter what. The doctor warned us not to fight or argue in front of Jiyeon. However, that one time, I failed her. She saw that I had an argument with her mom. I was a careless father. That time when Taeyeon and I had an argument, Taeyeon asked me if I am really dating that young Beauty Queen, I was a bit tipsy that time and I answered Taeyeon in a tone that scares her and Jiyeon. It was too late when I realized my mistake. Jiyeonnie saw everything. Worst, she now believed that I am dating that lady. I might be too friendly with women but I wasn’t dating anyone. The media are just creating stories here and there.

 

 

“Jiyong, my son. You are here.”

 

 

My Mother welcomes me as I came in the house. She looked worried even though she doesn’t say it. My Father was there too, looking at me as if I am a creature from another planet. I knew from his stares that he is blaming me, his son, for what is happening to his granddaughter. Though my sister was not there to complete the pack, I was very much aware that she told everything that happened since morning.

 

 

“Did you have your dinner? I cooked rice and beef soup. I will reheat it for you.”

“It’s okay Mom, don’t worry. I will do it. I would like to check on Jiyeon first.”

 

 

I was about to walk past my parents but my dad prevents me from leaving.

 

 

“Jiyong, what is your plan? Are you and Taeyeon talk about prioritizing your child above everything?”

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter