Untitled

That Kind of Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jiyeon’s POV

 

I woke up earlier than usual. The smell of fried eggs and bacon reached my room and I am so hungry to ignore it. I remember that last night I didn’t eat much that’s why I woke up early and now I am on my way to the kitchen. Zero might be hungry too as he follows me. I thought my Grandma is making breakfast but I am wrong.

 

“Omma?”

 

Am I dreaming? In front of me is my mother, her hair in a bun and she’s wearing a purple apron. She’s busy cooking something. She looks at me with those loving eyes, and I can’t help but ran to her embrace.

 

“Good Morning, my baby.”

“Omma, are you real? This is not a dream, right?”

“You’re funny, Jiyeon-ah. Of course, I am real. Did you miss me?”

“Yes… When did you came back?”

“Just few hours ago. Your father fetched me in the airport. By the way, are you hungry? Breakfast will be ready soon.”

 

I still can’t believe that Mom is here. She’s about to go back and prepare breakfast but I am still hugging her tight. I miss her a lot and when I remember my plan of running away from home, I feel so bad just thinking about it. I am sorry Mom, I thought as I look at her.

 

“Don’t cry, Jiyeoonnie. I am here now. Let’s eat breakfast so we can spend the whole day catching up. What would you like to do after breakfast? Do you want us to go home?”

“How about Appa?”

“He is still sleeping though.”

“Can he go with us? I mean, can he spend some time with us? The last time he promised that we will bake cookies together.”

“Okay. I’ll ask him, don’t worry.”

 

That breakfast might be one of the best breakfast that I had. Mom’s delicious pancakes, those yummy bacon and egg and her incredible story about her concert made me smile. I am so happy she is back.

 

“You are spacing out, baby. Tell me what is on your mind?”

 

She said as she wipes my messy face. She held my hand and kiss me on my forehead. She almost spoon feed me a while ago too, just like a baby but I refused because I am a big girl already.

 

“No, nothing. I just miss you and I love you.”

“I love you too. Give me a big bear hug, Jiyeon-ah.”

 

After breakfast, I told Mom to rest

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter