Wonderful

That Kind of Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Mommy Taengoo’s PoV

 

It was a bit late and I am still here in the studio doing some recording. I feel like I can’t hit the right notes. Supposedly, we finish an hour ago but I am not yet satisfied. Another hour passed by and it made me decide that we have to stop. 

 

“I don’t think I can continue. I am so tired. I am sorry if we finish late.”

 

“We can continue next time, don’t worry.”

 

After they assured me that I did well despite the fact that today’s recording took longer than usual, I immediately went out of the studio. I can’t wait to go home. I miss my Jiyeon. She spend the day with her father and I can’t wait to know how it goes. Jiyong sent me a short video clip of our daughter while singing my song “If”. She sings really well and I can feel her emotions while singing the song. Jiyeon is so talented that I feel scared most of the time. What if she wanted to be a singer? In my interview before, I mentioned that I don’t want my child to be a singer because I don’t want her to experience the struggle I endured before. 

 

But the reality is that, Jiyeon loves to sing. Even at an early age, she loves singing though she excels in dancing as well. Jiyeon is a perfectionist, not just in academics but also in her singing and dancing. A trait that she inherited from me and Jiyong. I keep on playing the video clip of her singing one of my song. I feel so proud and scared at the same time. 

 

“Mom! You’re back.”

 

“My Jiyeonnie!”

 

Our boy Zero and my baby girl welcomes me. Jiyeon hugs me like a koala while Zero follows us to the couch. 

 

“I miss you, Mom.”

  

Jiyeon said as she keep on kissing my cheeks. 

 

“I miss you too my honey, my baby, my sunshine!”

 

She squeals in delight as I tickle her lightly. Oh how I miss her giggles.

 

“Dad’s cooking dinner.”

 

“He is?”

 

“I told Dad that I want to eat chicken and rice. And now he is making it.”

 

I am in doubt when Jiyeon mentioned that her father is cooking. For the past years, Jiyong and cooking doesn’t go along really well. I must see what he’s doing before he burn the whole kitchen.

 

“Oh you are here. Dinner’s almost ready.”

 

There I found Jiyong wearing the pink apron and currently setting up the table. He looked so relax despite the amount of food he allegedly made.

 

“Jiyong are you sure…”

 

“Relax, I didn’t cook it. I actually asked Mom a while ago. Jiyeon thought that I made this because when Mom passed by, she is sleeping. She thought I made this food. I am just reheating it.”

 

“You made me scared. I thought you are cooking. I mean, I thought you are cooking from scratch.”

 

“Is that an insult, Taeyeon-sshi?”

 

“I am just stating the truth.”

 

“I don’t want to lose face and tell our daughter that I didn’t actually made this meal. Look at Jiyeon’s eyes when she told you that I cooked dinner. She’s too happy to know that I am learning well in cooking.”

 

Few moments after, while we are having our dinner, Jiyeon talk about her visit to her father’s agency.

 

“I was so nervous. I thought I did not sing it well. But dad said it was g

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter