Rain

That Kind of Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Taeyeon’s POV

 

“Dad, can I stay in Jeonju with Grandma?”

 

I heard Jiyeon said those words. We just had breakfast and she is in the kitchen with her father. She is still not talking to me and it’s been almost 25 hours and 30 minutes that she’s been ignoring me. Last night, I have to sneak inside her room. She’s fast asleep when I came. I just watch her sleep- tidying her room a bit, fixing her blanket, plushies and making sure the room temperature is ok as she is having a slight fever after dinner. I stayed for some time, hugging and humming her favorite lullabies. I keep her in my arms just like a little baby. Good thing she didn’t wake up when I kiss her cheeks. I don’t like it if she’s ignoring me, I feel like crying all over again, what if she doesn’t love me anymore? And now she wanted to go to Jeonju and stay with my mom. It is either my mom or Jiyong’s parents. Whenever Jiyeon doesn’t want to talk to me or Jiyong, she always wants to go to her grandparents. When my dad was still alive, he will fetch Jiyeon in a heart beat whenever my daughter calls them for ‘help’. I was determine to change that- I want my child to trust me more, to trust us more now that we will be a real family as Jiyong and I will be getting married soon.

 

“Princess, we’ll be spending Christmas here in Seoul, right? Your aunt Dami will prepare lots of food and your grandparents will be there too. Maybe we can go to Jeonju after the new year.”

 

Jiyong told her. At breakfast, she is just quiet. We had our breakfast together and I keep on glancing towards her direction. I want her to tell me how is she, may it be good or bad. I wanted my clingy and cheerful Jiyeon back. If not because of her dad, our Jiyeon will not finish her food.

 

“What’s in your mind, Jiyeon? Are you still not feeling well? I can ask your Auntie Tiffany to cancel today’s date with you.”

 

“I am ok, Dad. I can drink medicine and then I will be fine immediately.”

 

She convinced her dad that she’s fine. Weather has been changing rapidly and she’s having flu but it’s now getting better.

 

“Are you sure?”

 

 

 

“Yes, dad.”

 

My baby might not be talking to me but here I am, preparing her stuffs because she will spend the day with my best friend Tiffany. She is like a mother to Jiyeon, she even demand Jiyeonnie to call her ‘Mommy Tiffany’ instead of Auntie. Today they will be going incognito to Lotte World. That’s what Fany told me. I can’t help but mentioned to her that my baby Jiyeon is not talking to me. Tiffany told me to give my baby some time. Giving Jiyeon some more time will be equal to more anxious tears and insecurity - what if my baby hates me?

 

“Jiyeon, your mother will be out today for fan signing event and I have to go to the Galaxy company. Your Auntie Tiffany will drop you off at your Aunt Dami’s place. Tomorrow, don’t worry because I will accompany you in your voice lesson.”

 

“I will stay in with Aunt Dami until tomorrow?”

 

I heard her asked her father. Don’t you want to be with me, my baby? I wanted to ask her.

 

“Your mom will fetch you after the fan signing event.”

 

“But how about you dad? Why can’t you fetch me instead?”

 

“Your mom will finish earlier than me. Besides, your Aunt Dami’s place is much closer to the venue of your mom’s fan signing.”

 

“Okay.”

 

She said it in a sad voice. Without me knowing, tears started to fall down my eyes again. My baby doesn’t talk to me, she’s avoiding me and now she doesn’t seem to miss me. How can I survive the following hours without Jiyeon?

 

“Taengoo.”

 

I am so lost in my thoughts that I failed to notice Jiyong entering the room. Well, I can’t and won’t hide my emotions from him.

 

“She doesn’t want to talk to me. She’s avoiding me. What if… what if she doesn’t love me anymore?”

 

I cried my hearts out in front of my soon to be husband and the father

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter