Starlight

That Kind of Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jiyeon’s POV

 

Mom’s voice is like the warmest blanket on a cold winter night. I thought as I keep listening to mom’s lullaby. Instead of being sleepy, I am having a nice time listening to mom’s wonderful voice. Her songs soothes me. Grandma is with her sister and she will be back a bit late that’s why Mom accompanied me here in the room. I will be sleeping in Grandma’s room and while she is away, Mom said that she will be beside me.

 

“I already sang two songs and you are still very much awake.”

 

She said as she embrace me tighter. I know it’s a bit late and mom must sleep too but I requested her to sing me lullabies before I go to sleep. I really want to make the most out of mom’s break from work. 

 

 

“Mom, can you please sing the songs from your upcoming album?”

 

 

“Oh my!!! How did you know? You saw the teaser? It’s not for babies like you.”

 

 

“Grandma mentioned to me that you will have a comeback album… but I promise I did not browse the internet. But why am I not allowed to see it? ‘To. X… What does ‘X’ means?”

 

 

I can see Mom’s thinking carefully about her reply. Why am I not allowed to watch the MV? Is it bad? And why is the title so weird. What is ‘X’?

 

 

“Don’t worry, my baby Jiyeon. I am not allowed to watch it too.”

 

Dad interrupted as he went inside the room, carrying my favorite dragon plushie. I’ve been looking for it, thankfully Dad found it before my bedtime. He looked sleepy and tired but he promised to stay awake for dinner. We played the piano while Mom’s busy talking to her boss on the phone.

 

 

“Listening is ok but watching the MV, it’s a no for the both of you.”

 

 

Mom said as she slightly kiss my cheeks. She softly brush my hair while we share an embrace.

 

 

“Why other people can see it but not us?”

 

 

“Because Jiyeon… you see, some scenes are not appropriate for you.”

 

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter