Chapter Twenty-Three

Shriveled Raisin
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Sighing softly, Yunho settled on the couch, his body bouncing slightly when he sat down. Using his fingers, he flicked open the can of beer he held in his hand before chugging on it in one go, like a man who had been stranded in the desert for a decade. The muffled noise of the TV playing in front of him merged with the soft sound of running water coming from the adjoined bathroom, indicating someone was showering inside. Yunho opened another can and drank again, his other hand reaching for the remote and changed the TV channel.

It was already around 11pm when both Yunho and Jaejoong descended to the world again. They shared a ‘picnic’ up in the clouds. There, the concept of time almost felt like a myth if not because of the sun setting down they would have stayed there, thinking the time simply stopped moving in paradise. Unlike the process of flying upward before, Jaejoong actually didn’t take much time taking Yunho back to the ground, less than a second even, in the blink of an eye.

The moment both of them reached home, each of them immediately decided to clean themselves. Yunho was the first one to have finished showering so now he had to listen to the sound music of running water from the bathroom.

 

Today was such a blessed day, for Yunho. At one point, he didn’t even know if he was actually living or not. Having a picnic on the clouds was exactly not a thing any humans could just casually tell others; it simply just wasn’t achievable. Unless technology soared further in the future, of course. Stepping on the clouds and treating them like compact yet fluffy, solid marshmallows had Yunho occasionally checking his pulse, just to remind him he was alive because a part of him wondered if Jaejoong was secretly taking him to the afterlife, through a not-so-obvious method. Because flying to the sky without the help of a plane was just… not realistic. But regardless of authentication of reality or fantasy, Yunho enjoyed it. He felt what one could call as a state of euphoria, the breeze in the sky blew away all his troubles, as if angels had cleansed his shoulders of all burden, and as if he was being reincarnated as himself, but a better person.

 

Yet aside from that, Yunho couldn’t forget Jaejoong’s ‘meaning of heaven’, either. The moment the angel whispered to him, suddenly he noticed that time had moved even slower to the point where he thought he was simply floating in nothingness, the wind around him whistled in harmony, and the cerulean sky waved at him in rolls of welcoming blue .

Yunho didn’t manage to give out a respond, however, upon knowing his cheeks had long been tinted in blatant red. In fact, Jaejoong didn’t allow him to speak as the angel immediately altered to a different conversation topic, leaving the charm of his definition of heaven to linger, playing with Yunho’s mind like a set of tricks and clues, leaving the man himself contemplating in thousands and thousands of thoughts to which all flustered him the same.

All in all, he never really had the chance to discuss the definition of heaven with Jaejoong, and whether to take the angel’s confession as the truth or yet another teasing remarks.

 

But when the sound of running water had ceased, followed by the creaking opening of the door, it broke Yunho out of his dreamy reverie. He quickly cleared his throat and sitting up straight and finished up his second beer before hurling it into the bin nearby, along with the first one before. The sound of footsteps was heard reverberating throughout the narrow corridor of the apartment room before it ceased into the bedroom.

Yunho wasn’t sure why, but Jaejoong’s ‘confession’ stayed in his head rent free, and it successfully caused him to simply feel uneasy whenever the angel came nearby. It was an obvious mixture of nervousness and somewhat kind of thrill, stirring Yunho’s ability to react into an unstable manner. As a result, whenever he saw Jaejoong, he would undergo the classic treatment of thundering heartbeats, heated face, and stuttering speech.

Altering the TV cha

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter