Chapter Nineteen

Shriveled Raisin
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Returning to the apartment after the eventful jogging session, both Yunho and Jaejoong were eager to give their body a wash and rest. Jaejoong’s previously sour mood had significantly turned bright especially after the men purchased the pair of matching earrings. Yunho didn’t know that the angel could be easily delighted over some jewelleries. He thought angels had it much better in Heaven, or similar.

Upon arriving at the narrow balcony, reaching into his pants pocket Yunho was temporarily distracted of the way ahead of him as he searched for his room keys. And that was when he suddenly bumped his face onto something. Startled, he lifted his gaze from his pants only to see Jaejoong was blocking his way, standing motionless inches in front of him.

Confused, Yunho noticed that the angel was facing forward. Frowning and puzzled, he stepped to the male’s side to check on whatever it was at the front. And then he saw her.

Yunho had an unexpected guest. And his eyes widened, keys fell onto the floor from his grasp.

 

“Yunho,” the woman was standing in front of his apartment door, clothed in a navy-blue blouse and simple loose pants, holding her beige purse. Her long black strands danced as the breeze hushed complimenting her tall and slender figure, and despite appearing softer, the keen black irises of her eyes matched that of Yunho’s.

“You came…” eyes widening, Yunho was almost rendered speechless upon seeing his beloved sister was standing right in front of his sight.

His pupils trembled and unknown reasons to him, his tears raced to be released yet he managed to contain them within. Meeting with his sister was not impossible, yet it wasn’t easy either. The night of her wedding, when Yunho finally announced to all his pretentious snobby family members that they were better off as strangers, he thought he wouldn’t have another chance of being reunited with his sister again. Yet today, he was indeed wrong.

Mouth agape, eyes glistening, Yunho didn’t hesitate any second as he immediately bolted in a speed towards his sister, arms reaching out towards her in the desperation to hold his sibling after years of separation. His sister opened her arms and smiled, waiting for her brother to be held by her once more, just like years ago. Her eyes too, poured down similar beads of rain.

 

Leaping off into his sister, Yunho embraced her oh so tightly as if she would magically turn into dust the moment he reached her. His sister reacted the same, answering the firm hug by wrapping her arms around his back, head on his shoulder and uncontrollable tears falling rapidly.

The dreadful years of separation had taken toll on the two siblings. They had promised to be there for each other when the world turned against them, yet only to end up them missing out on half of each other’s lives. Yunho had so many things to tell his sister, from his experience with a venomous love of Alice to how torturous his job was. He also wanted to explain to her that there had been so many times that he wanted to call her back yet for some reasons he was a coward, afraid to accept the expected reality if she was ever angry and disappointed at him. If only she was with him all these years, he would be a slightly happier man. He then wondered if his sister had many stories to share too or not, and today, with this one embrace, he knew the answer.

 

“I am so sorry, I am so sorry,” Yunho finally cried out, shoulders shaking in the hug of his sibling. “I ran from home and left you. I am so sorry.”

“It’s okay, I know, I know,” the sibling replied, equally sobbing.

“I wanted to call you but I am scared. I don’t want you to be angry,” Yunho sobbed and hiccupped. “I am so sorry. I was very lonely. I miss you.”

“I am here right now, it will be alright,” his sister replied comfortingly. “I am sorry too, for not reaching out to you sooner.”

The two siblings spent yet another minute of muffled crying, hug tightening, reluctant of letting each other loose again.

 

Perhaps it was magic, or maybe it was a blessing finally being bestowed upon him, Yunho felt as if the heavy burden on his shoulders had been completely lifted. All the battling thoughts of regrets and guilt were subdued in his head, sweetly replaced by the familiar sense of nostalgia upon hearing his sister’s voice again, just like it was back during their younger years.

All years before this Yunho couldn’t help but to debate with himself, questioning whether he was still welcomed within his sister’s heart or not, if she was angry with him for leaving home, or if she did miss him like he was to her. And today, Yunho was more than contented to know the answers, where all were positive and bright.

 

“I am sorry that I come here without telling you first. I didn’t have your number and I hope you are not busy or anything,” Yunho’s sister told after slowly pulling away from him, gently breaking their yearned bond of an embrace.

Yunho right away smiled with a small, stifled laugh while he wiped his leftover tears. He shook his head. “No, it’s alright. I am having an afternoon shift later, though. Also, I am sorry for ruining your wedding night. I made a huge scene and ran, sorry,” he lowly said, hint of guilt and shame was clearly heard.

“No, no, please. Yunho, you did a good job,” his sister quickly remarked. She then held his hand, caressing his rough knuckles with her rather soft, delicate palm. She showed a smile and nodded her head. “You didn’t ruin anything, Yunho. It was those people that caused a fuss. In fact, you stood up for yourself, and I am happy to see that. You are brave now, and I am proud to know.”

Yunho chose to not protest anymore. He returned the smile his sibling delivered at him, a genuine grin spreading across his lips. He stared at his hand, the one that was being graced by his sister’s grip. To be reunited with the only person he held dear during childhood brought flowers in his heart, all contented and thrilled. Safe and happy.

Then, Yunho blinked when his sister let go of his hand. When he tried looking into her eyes, he noticed she was staring at someone else behind him. And that was when he suddenly remembered that they were not alone.

 

“And this is…?” the lady’s words of uncertainty raised a question.

Yunho quickly turned around and saw Jaejoong who just casually stood in the balcony with them, hands folded and rested against his chest. It seemed that the angel had been physical all this time.

Blinking once more, Yunho realised that he had to introduce both his sibling and the angel to one another. “Oh, this is Jaejoong. He is-”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter