Chapter Twenty-Nine

Shriveled Raisin
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The two men had arrived at the nearby ‘forest park’. Yunho couldn’t really let both he and Jaejoong wandering alone in a foreign forest, especially not when the sun was setting down and the night was approaching closer. Instead, he drove the two of them to a nearby yet smaller park, surrounded with towering trees.

Both Yunho and Jaejoong had been strolling next to each other at the park. None of the men had exchanged words yet, excepted for some brief talks they tried to make. But most of the time each one of them was enjoying the scenery around of them.

 

As if the word magic was really a key in their life, it appeared as if almost of the entire ‘forest park’ was accompanied by enchanting sights. The trees arched over the pathways made of stone and concrete, yet somehow the translucent moonlight managed to barely pass through the leaves, illustrating flowery shadows over the ground.

Groups of fireflies radiated their warmth and beauty all over the park, seemingly not to care much of the humans as they behaved as charming fairies, helping to illuminate the park along with the gentle touch of the moon.

Different contrasting colours of flowers lined both sides of the pavements, acting like flawless guards to make sure visitors didn’t meander off path. The flowers appeared to be dancing to the gentle zephyr, cold yet alluring, their petals took pride in their shining colours.

Several lamps were constructed in each curve of the pavement, not too many but not too few, just enough to make the entire park looking magical. Yunho himself was surprised he had never gone here. If he were to know such a magic ruled this place, he would have visited here earlier.

Surprisingly, as opposed to what Yunho had expected, the park was neither lonely nor scary. Rather, he spotted several other couples and young folks minding their own business, loitering around the corners of the park. Some even decided it was a best time to have a bit of jogging, while some skated. The park wasn’t as lively as the city, but it was peaceful.

 

Yunho and Jaejoong had been walking together for some minutes after arriving. Both didn’t talk much, however. Yunho was holding the bag of packed snacks that were basically left untouched. Jaejoong, next to him, remained quiet. Too strangely quiet.

Yunho wasn’t sure what exactly happened but, something was happening. Ever since the two of them left the apartment and drove here, the angel had not spoken a word. Yunho tried to make a talk and more, but Jaejoong responded with simple answers, either some casual chuckling or one worded response.

But other than that, Jaejoong mostly looked like he was lost within his own riddles of thoughts. In the car, he was gazing out through the window. The angel would sometimes marvel over the city night life and lights, and then he would look upwards and smiled at the stars.

Yunho didn’t know why but there was something peculiar. Jaejoong was quieter, and it seemed as if he was hiding something.

All these mysteries caused Yunho to doubt on himself, however.

 

Was it because he didn’t treat today as an anniversary? Was it because he didn’t behave rather excitedly for the anniversary celebration? Was Jaejoong expecting something from him? But they barely even started dating! Was it even dating? Or a single one-night stand? But they loved, love each other, and that one Yunho was certain.

Whatever was happening, Yunho just couldn’t shake off the weird feeling that something was happening. And he didn’t like this feeling, at all.

Jaejoong was rarely this quiet. He was usually behaving as an exact opposite of what an angel was supposed to be like. The man would never hesitate to lay a hand on fools who deserved some beating, he would randomly curse under his breath whenever he accidentally dropped something, and Jaejoong would certainly do anything possible to tease Yunho, even if it meant purposedly wearing shorts and whispering close to the man’s ears.

Jaejoong was a chaotic form of an angel, but today, he was different. He was too angelic.

 

Yunho found himself thinking. What should he do? Should he wrap his arms around the angel and kiss him? Would that make Jaejoong talk more? But somehow Yunho could feel that that wouldn’t be an appropriate move right now. Instead, he should focus on debunking the angel’s secrets.

Let’s see… What was Jaejoong telling him before this? That whatever they would be doing in this forest would be ‘quick’? What exactly did Jaejoong mean?

Yunho admitted that he himself wasn’t the sharpest tool around and he certainly couldn’t figure out r

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter