Chapter Twenty-One

Shriveled Raisin
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Breakfast is ready, get your lazy arse over here,” Jaejoong called out from the adjoined kitchen, followed by the sound of running tap water.

“Alright, alright. I am coming,” Yunho replied.

Yunho was inside the bedroom, yet he was on the floor, inside his artist circle again. A paper was settled on the floor as well in front of him. A complete painting of an angel, Jaejoong who posed for him the other day, was visibly detailed on the particular paper. It was apparent that Yunho had spent his focus and time in polishing the painting, it was evident through the choice of colours he used, bold and soft all merged well to compliment the picture. The painting was fully realistic, every small detail of Jaejoong’s body, the dimples of his back, the tones of his skin, and including the strands of his majestic wings, were accurately painted.

Yunho had been staring at his painting, a proud smile masked his lips. His hand was covered in vibrant small splashes of colours, his fingers coiling around the handle of the brush he used. For the first time in his life, he felt totally proud of his creation. Yet it worried him somehow, he doubted that his art looked this splendid. He was used to creating mediocre pieces (in his opinion) so when his painting suddenly appeared this flawless, he couldn’t believe it. But at least he had finally finished the piece. It surprised him given how he had to cleverly divide his time between his shifts and painting sessions.

 

Sighing softly, Yunho finally stood up from the floor and began to stretch his body as he began to yawn. Times had certainly passed since the day when he rushed to the hospital and visited his mother. After that day, he bid farewell to his sister, feeling relieved to have met her again after all these years. Yet despite the surprisingly positive encounter with his family, Yunho didn’t contact them as soon as he left the hospital building. No, he didn’t have bitter feelings against them anymore. In fact, he felt somewhat happy.

Having to be able to express his sealed thoughts and opinions to his mother helped Yunho to feel fulfilled. Finally, he was able to speak up for himself, he was able to have his mother to listen to him. And the conversation he had with his father certainly caught him off guard, but it wasn’t bad news. All in all, Yunho decided to view that day as the turning point of his life, and his family.

 

Yunho had taken 3 off days for the week. Every employee in the hotel was rewarded with few off days for the month so he chose the weekend. He didn’t sleep much last night, having to decide he should use these rare days to finish off his painting. The deadline of the competition he registered for would be next month, so it was wise of him to complete the task earlier.

Once again yawning, Yunho bent down to pick up his art tools. Packing them in his toolbox, Yunho proceeded to sit on the bed. The sweet scent of warm breakfast reached the room and thus to his nose, causing him to smile at the pleasant aroma.

The sound of the angel cooking in the kitchen had always been acting as Yunho’s secondary alarm. Or better, his main alarm. For some reasons, he never saw Jaejoong sleeping on the bed. Well, he did see him when it was during the night. Yet when the morning came it often seemed as if the male always woke up earlier before the sunrise. And whenever Yunho opened his eyes from his sleep, Jaejoong would always be in the kitchen, preparing meals for the two of them.

Smiling to himself, Yunho heaved a long, relieved sigh as he lied down his back on the bed, arms spread across the sheets. Overall, he felt contented. He admitted that the presence of Jaejoong in his life had turned things up for good. Yet Yunho found himself wondering. If Jaejoong was indeed being sent to him because of his prayer to be provided a guardian, then why was him sent a death angel? Was it because of his supposed ‘death’ which had already happened now? And if yes, so what would Jaejoong’s next task be?

 

“Oi, are you coming or not? I am going to eat all of this up,” Jaejoong’s words came from the kitchen again.

“Few more minutes!” Yunho replied, having to raise his voice for a bit due to the distance between them both.

Yawning again, he stared up at the ceiling. He couldn’t believe it at first, but it seemed like things actually went right, for now. He wondered if it had anything to do with Jaejoong’s magic, or if this was fated for him from the start.

But regardless of all the confusion, he knew he was finally… happy.

 

Walking out of the bedroom, like always, Yunho was immediately greeted with the pleasant sight of full breakfast freshly served on the small dining table. He smiled. He remembered the years when he was living alone by himself. A cup of instant noodles was the best definition of breakfast, lunch, and dinner all the same. Now, he was eating rice every day. But it was alright, Jaejoong was still learning. And he was delighted.

“Now you show up. I called you five times and no response,” Jaejoong nagged as soon as Yunho approached the dining area.

“Chill, angel,” Yunho casually smirked as he took a seat on one of the wooden stools. He closed his eyes and exaggeratedly sniffed the smell of the warm food, waving his hand in front of himself, as if to le

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter