Chapter Thirty

Shriveled Raisin
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“It’s oddly quiet right now,” Yunho commented. His eyes gently watched over the scenery of the park as he eventually stopped his footsteps underneath a small gazebo.

The night began to conquer the sky, filling the vast space with its twinkling stars. Yunho looked upwards, and something heavy tugged his heart. Confusing as it was, the sky appeared to be staring down at him, too. But its gaze was full of expectant sorrow.

And such a sorrowful gaze matched with the angel who stood next to him, eyes glistened as he watched over the sky. But Jaejoong didn’t lose his smile, a smile full of warmth and genuine blessing. An angel’s smile was never disappointing to look at.

 

“And peaceful,” Jaejoong added a moment later.

When Yunho glanced over the other, he managed to take glimpses of how the wind brushed softly against the angel’s black strands. His hair danced in front of his face so smoothly, as if he was a perfectly animated character in a well-loved cutscene. As if Jaejoong was a perfect example of God’s greatest creation, and that was correct; he was an angel, after all.

And Yunho thanked God he was able to fall in love with an angel.

“And peaceful,” Yunho eventually agreed.

 

The two men had been walking endlessly for the past couple moments. They crossed paths with few other visitors who seemed to be returning to their cars, or to bike back to wherever they came from. Less and less people were seen at the park, and the moon was only getting brighter. The sky was no longer blemished by the darkened clouds, presenting its pride within the sparkling tiny stars above.

More and more fireflies appeared from every bush in the park, illuminating the nature with their magical lights. Yunho had never seen something beautiful like this before, yet he was already accustomed to such beauty simply by appreciating Jaejoong. The angel was a walking definition of beauty, that was for sure.

 

However, when the couple decided to stop by the gazebo, Yunho couldn’t help but to notice that a certain heavy feeling was only getting bigger and louder, playing riddles in his head, as if trying to tell him hints the angel refused to share.

Jaejoong’s sudden suggestion of ‘celebrating the anniversary’ was rather unexpected. The plan felt rushed for unknown reasons. Yunho thought he would wait for some more, wondering if the angel had some kind of a surprise planned for the two of them. But the longer he waited, the quieter the angel became.

Yunho even began to doubt whether he should be the one who would make a move or not. Yet somehow something within him told him that wasn’t the case.

He placed the bag of packed snacks on the concrete table, finally releasing his strained fingers from the light burden of carrying it. He noticed that the atmosphere was getting colder, heavier, and drowned in mysterious solitude. Yunho disliked this. He didn’t like this feeling. Something was off.

But then, something also caught him off guard.

 

Without words, Yunho blinked when Jaejoong suddenly pulled him closer by the arm. His words of confusion stopped even before they could come out when his lips were captured by Jaejoong’s soft tiers. The taste of the angel’s lips brought him to a sweet, passionate reminder that he definitely loved the man.

Yunho’s initial urge to protest was easily subdued when Jaejoong deepened the kiss they shared. A series of soft and hum escaping from the angel’s mouth only flamed Yunho’s desperation and lust even more, inviting him to place both of his hands on Jaejoong’s clothed shoulders and pushed him against one of the gazebo concrete pillars.

Tilting his head, Yunho paved a path for his tongue to dominate the kiss, invading the other’s wet cavern while the angel gracefully opened his mouth for him. Their tongues intertwined, coated under the layer of their shared strings of saliva, while their hands hungrily roamed one another’s body.

Yunho moved and rested his knee against Jaejoong’s clothed crotch, receiving a surprised gasp from the man. Jaejoong had his fingers s around the other’s nape, his nails dug the skin lightly, yet his fingers firmly pressed, not wanting to let go, desperately trying to hold.

 

When the kiss broke, both men breathed the air through their nose. Jaejoong heaved a heavy sigh, sounding desperate and somewhat enraged. He threw his head back against the pillar and exposed his pale neck for Yunho to conquer. And Yunho wasted no second, bringing his hungry mouth to ravish the skin of the divine being in front of him.

His lips and tongue set off on an adventure exploring Jaejoong’s neck, decorating the blank canvas with his delicate marks, making sure people knew Jaejoong belonged to him, making sure the Heaven knew of this, too.

Continuation of soft coming from the angel was a graceful music to Yunho’s ears. Jaejoong’s fingers moved through the strands of Yunho’s hair, tugging on them each time the man marked him. Yunho sneakily slid his hands underneath the angel’s shirt, letting his palms freely roamed the back of the man he loved so much, making sure he appreciated the dimples of the angel’s spine, the shape of his petite waist. Under the moonlight, the two men acted as if there would be no tomorrow for the two of them.

 

But then, Jaejoong suddenly pushed Yunho away for a little bit, grunting. Blinking, Yunho just stared at him while taking in his breath.

“Not here,” Jaejoong told, gasping for breath as well. When the confused Yunho didn’t respond, the angel clicked his tongue. “People are watching.”

Taking glances at his surrounding, Yunho nodded. He didn’t see anyone, but he wouldn’t resist. “Right,” he nodded again.

The two men spent the next few seconds catching their breath while trying to collect pieces of them again, calming their equally desperate yet passionate hungry selves. Both knew the fire was washed over too quick, and it wasn’t necessarily the best feeling in the world.

 

Clearing his throat, Yunho turned around and approached the concrete bench that was built together with the equally solid table, then he took a seat for himself. He picked up a pack of crackers and tore it open, before began munching on some pieces.

The tensed silence began to fill the air. As if the previously odd heavy feeling was not suffocating enough, now such a tension made it worse. Jaejoong quietly took a seat across Yunho and wordlessly joined in eating the crackers. They didn’t speak for another moment. Then,

“Sorry,” the angel spoke lowly.

“It’s okay,” Yunho shaped a small smile. “We shouldn’t be doing it when you are uncomfortable.”

“But I started it,” Jaejoong remarked.

“And if you didn’t, I would,” Yunho chuckled.

“Tsk,” the angel rolled his eyes, but then laughed.

 

The brief tension was now defeated by the laughter the men shared. They continued enjoying the crackers for the rest of the moment, enjoying watching as the fireflies began to crowd the park. The lights from the magical creatures appeared brighter than the moon itself, for some reasons. Yunho admired them. Somehow tonight, fireflies felt extra magical than they already were.

“Is it just me or are the fireflies getting this… a lot?” Yunho randomly asked, finally noticing how the nature fairies were getting larger in number.

“Yeah. They do,” Jaejoong simply answered, placing another cracker in his mouth.

“Are they seasonal or something? I never know much about them,” Yunho said, eyes still watching the fireflies.

Jaejoong shrugged. “I don’t know. But they do come right on time,” he told.

Glancing at the other, Yunho just smiled at the man’s somewhat vague response.

“They really are magical, though,” Yunho continued.

Jaejoong smiled, shrugging once more. “Everything can be magical if you appreciate them some more,” he stated.

“But nothing is as magical as kissing you.”

“Geez, corny much?”

 

For the next few moments, the men laughed in their jokes and small talks. Yunho went on talking on how his working weeks would be as equally dreadful as the previous ones he had, but at least he had good colleagues now. Then the two discussed on what kinds of meals Jaejoong should try cooking next, other than fried rice. And they didn’t leave the topic of decorating the apartment either. Yunho su

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter