Chapter Twenty-Five

Shriveled Raisin
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Look! Tiger hats!” a familiar thrilled yelling was heard among the loud chattering of the crowd, merging with the deafening monstrous mixture of musical rhythms from the nearby rides.

Feeling extremely grateful he was not lost among the ocean of people, yet Yunho managed to fixate his gaze upon Jaejoong who had been running rather excitedly from one ride to another, and from a stall to another, contrasting to Yunho who struggled to survive under the weather of the scorching sun. He had tried to keep himself sane by buying cones of ice cream again and again. At this point, he didn’t want to peek inside his wallet anymore.

 

Both Yunho and Jaejoong had arrived at Lotte World rather early in the morning. After much nagging from the angel, Yunho had no choice but to say yes. He did admit that it didn’t hurt to go on for some rides, he never really went to one after all. But he just had to grit his teeth each time he thought of his wallet.

Ever since they reached the destination, Jaejoong had done a splendid job of disguising himself as a mortal. His usual black wings were none to be seen and his fashion choice of the day managed to convince everyone that he was indeed, a human alright. A pair of white loose pants matched with a simple cerulean denim was enough for Jaejoong to claim himself as a human. On the other hand, Yunho had prepared for the weather by wearing simple shirt and shorts, expecting for the day to be sunny and hot. And he was right. Despite his preparation, he was now drenched in sweats.

But he admitted it, secretly. The burning weather was almost worth it, though. Despite complaining about the heat, watching Jaejoong being purely enthusiastic managed to make him smile. The angel’s laughter was like music to his ears. The way how Jaejoong would call out to him each time he saw a new plushie set or a ride, the way how the angel would beg him to buy each souvenir that caught his gaze, all of these, they cheered Yunho up.

 

The amusement park was completely filled with hundreds of visitors. It was a challenge enough to walk freely without accidentally bumping onto strangers and it was certainly a struggle to be comfortable under a shirt drenched by sweats. The loud music of the rides banged Yunho’s ears mercilessly. It was almost ironic, to which each music played aimed to lure the hearts of children only now combined with other notes to form a chaotic chorus of wailing machines.

However, each time Jaejoong called out to him from afar, Yunho would once again find himself being saved. The angel’s excitement matched that of the children. His wide grinning and voice of laughter were dipped in honey of pure innocence, blissful heart. It amazed Yunho to see a completely different side of Jaejoong today. He was used to seeing the male’s sassy and direct behaviour, an impish angel to be precise. Yet today, right now, glistening under the scorching lights of the sun was a happy man.

 

“Yunho, we can wear these. We’ll be matching!” Jaejoong excitedly cooed, his hands were holding a pair of caps with tiger cartoons drawn on them.

Yunho eventually managed to meander his way through the waves of crowd and reached the smiling angel. He could not help but to chuckle as he stared down at the caps then raised a brow at the other.

“You want these, really?” Yunho asked in a playfully mocking tone.

Jaejoong narrowed his eyes then scoffed at him. “What? You are going to laugh at me? And yes, I want these,” he brought the caps closer to Yunho’s face.

“Not until you ask me nicely,” Yunho stated.

“Seriously?” the angel began to protest.

“Yes, unless you don’t want these caps.”

“Alright, fine. Buy these tigers for me, please.”

“Good job.”

 

Sighing, Yunho swallowed the bitter taste on his tongue as he pulled out some more bucks from his wallet. His heart felt heavy knowing he had just spent money on something that was rather of a less value but he couldn’t let Jaejoong sulked either. Thanking the cashier briefly, he returned to the man with the caps in hand.

“Thank you!” Jaejoong immediately wrapped his arms around Yunho, catching him totally off guard within an embrace.

“Y-you are welcome,” Yunho stammered. When the angel pulled away, the sweet scent of Heaven lingered, almost putting him in a trance. He shook his head and returned to his senses when Jaejoong wore the cap.

“Do I look good, Yunho? I look good with this cap, right?” Jaejoong grinned as he did a quick spin, his hands fixing the cap on his head as he brushed his fringes.

Yunho laughed softly. “Yes, you do,” he answered.

“Now go wear it too. We’ll wear the caps together,” Jaejoong insisted, handing the other the tiger cap.

“No, I don-” initially planning to refuse, yet after seeing how the angel managed to form his face into a pitiful one, Yunho found himself sighing and nodding, wearing the cap on his head. “Yes, we are matching now.”

“Perfect!” Jaejoong grinned before wrapping his fingers around the man’s wrist. “To adventures ahead!”

“Wait-” and Yunho failed to object when Jaejoong pulled him for a run together.

 

For the next few hours, the pair of men challenged their hearts trying out some of the most thrilling rides the amusement park had to offer. Or more specifically, Jaejoong was dragging Yunho to try out the rides with him. There would never be a moment when the angel wouldn’t stop skip

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter