Chapter Twenty-Four

Shriveled Raisin
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The moment he opened his eyes, his sight was firstly graced by the beam of sunlight. It urged him to blink a few times, but it was only mere seconds until his eyes adjusted to the sight. Heaving a yawn with a stretched body, Yunho eventually sat up on his bed. The state of his bed and his hair was similar; disordered and untidy. Yet it didn’t bother him. So he was in a bedroom, huh? He blinked. Somehow, a peculiar sensation struck him lightly on the head. Something wasn’t right.

Wait, he wasn’t in the bedroom, last night. He was on the couch, with Jaejoong next to him.

 

Quickly realising what happened the night before, Yunho remembered the condition Jaejoong was in. The angel appeared fragile and feeble right after they descended from the sky yesterday. Although the male insisted it was nothing of a major concern, Yunho couldn’t help but to feel worried.

Immediately feeling the increased sensation of concern, Yunho turned to face the other side of his bed, curious if the angel had actually brought the two of them to this bedroom last night. Yet all he saw was a pile of familiar black feathers rested on the mattress. There was no Jaejoong around to be seen. But that relieved him for a bit. That meant the angel was here with him.

 

Coming out of the bedroom, Yunho was almost instantly greeted by the sound of running water coming from the bathroom. He approached the narrow hallway before stopping in front of the bathroom door. He was uncertain as to why a smile eventually formed upon his lips. Landing few soft knocks upon the door, Yunho cleared his throat.

“What?” a familiar voice responded from within the bathroom.

The smile on Yunho’s lips only widened further, the former feeling of concern within him dispersed.

“Could you stop throwing feathers on the bed? At least clean them up or something,” Yunho jokingly complained.

“Yeah, yeah. Good morning to you too,” Jaejoong’s voice was audible despite the sound of running water, and his usual annoyance was blatantly heard. “Let an angel sheds his feathers in peace.”

Yunho found himself chuckling. Hearing the usual feisty nature of the angel somehow brightened his morning. It seemed like Jaejoong had already recovered from whatever happened to him last night.

“I swear if you spend some more minutes in the bathroom, I need to pee,” Yunho chose to press further.

“I know you aren’t, young man. Now leave me goddamn alone!” the angel yelled.

And Yunho found himself laughing. Odd to him, he never settled for even a mildly rude behaviour. It often left him feeling sour. However, when it came to Jaejoong though, there wouldn’t be a day where he wouldn’t be smiling. Had he… tolerated the angel’s mannerism?

 

 

Deciding that he obeyed the angel’s wish, Yunho made his way to the kitchen. He noticed that the dining table was e̴̡̝̎m̵̳̃̃p̶͖̙̈́t̴̬̏͝y̸͉̓͝ . He raised a brow. Now, he wasn’t someone who was raised in a healthy and wealthy kind of childhood. His upbringing taught him not to expect much from life in general. However, when he lived with Jaejoong he eventually had accustomed to have meals being prepared for him, along with the finished house chores too. So, when he saw that the breakfast had yet to be made, it managed to confuse him.

Yet shrugging off, Yunho simply assumed that Jaejoong was too occupied to cook. After all, they both did return home quite late last night. He didn’t want to be a spoiled man, too.

Opening the fridge, Yunho gathered the ingredients of what his minimum cooking skill could do best. He began by slicing off some vegetables and few apples. If it all depended on him, he would have just started making some simple noodles. But he didn’t want to. Jaejoong had often prepared special meals for him, so he wanted to do the same, or at least, tried to.

 

Immersed in his cooking, Yunho didn’t realise that the angel was standing right behind him. When he felt a soft yet cold breathing caressing the back of his neck, his body shivered as he quickly turned around in alert, only to se

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter