002

unspeakable truth.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chanyeol heads to work as usual the next day. He pats his pants pocket twice. There is a small zip lock that has cloves of garlic. Then, he brushes the rosary necklace, settling snugly against his torso underneath his work attire.

Chanyeol has stayed up all night, researching what repels a vampire. It might sound stupid but he has to do this. He does not want any trouble at work. Since sunlight and mirrors do not seem to work on Junmyeon, these two items are the only thing he can bring to test the male.

He wants to confirm his doubts.

Opening the door, he greets no one in particular as usual before heading to the cubicle. Junmyeon does the unexpected. He turns his head, staring at Chanyeol with wide eyes.

The male would usually mind his own business.

The dark circles are getting more evident, Chanyeol notes inwardly before shifting his eyes away awkwardly. Junmyeon parts his mouth to apologize for yesterday. The moment Chanyeol takes his seat, Junmyeon palms his mouth before turning away.

The reaction amuses Chanyeol. So it does work. After settling the backpack under the table near his chair, his eyes never leave the cowering male as he feigns innocence, "What's wrong, Mr Kim?"

Junmyeon shakes his head as a reply, his palm pressing firmly against his mouth and nose, slanted queasily on his seat as if he has a sudden allergy to Chanyeol's cologne.

Half an hour passes by.

Junmyeon has been suppressing his cough but a few escape his mouth and Chanyeol is starting to get annoyed. Is he doing this on purpose? But the look of surprise in Junmyeon's eyes earlier was so genuine...

"Mr Kim," Chanyeol turns to the latter, fishing his hand into his pants pocket for the cloves of garlic. The door of the lady boss's office opens before a soft, sweet voice calls, "Junmyeonie? Come here for a bit."

Madam Im calls every name fondly but, the people in the office can clearly point out the extreme fondness in her voice every time she calls for Junmyeon.

Said male struggles to get up on his feet but he succeeds. No one notices this but Chanyeol can see his shoulders shaking. He retrieves his hand from his pocket before resuming his work.

Junmyeon never leaves the lady boss’s office.

And it meddles with Chanyeol's thoughts for the whole day. 

+++

The next day, rumors spread across the office like wildfire.

The same gossip has been going over and over again ever since he started working here. Chanyeol is sick of it. It is not unusual for Junmyeon to stay in the lady boss’s office for a tad too long than necessary. 

But Junmyeon has never been in her office until late at night. Even after most of them have clocked out of work. Due to that, the gossips get worse. Even worse since Junmyeon is absent today.

He is honestly sick of listening to them talking about how the lady boss favors Junmyeon the most because he is well off. They even speculated that Junmyeon might be sleeping with her. Chanyeol nearly snaps at his colleagues to shut up. 

Goodness, Chanyeol presses on his temples once lunch break arrives, the office finally clearing of people, Peace at last. Lowering a hand to his thigh, his other still massaging his temple, Chanyeol stares at the emptiness by his side. Is it really because of the garlic cloves and silver necklace?

He just wanted to test it... Chanyeol never thought it would work for real. Caressing the healing cut on his chin, he decides to push the thoughts of Junmyeon out of his head and get his lunch. 

+++

Junmyeon has been absent for more than a week.

His colleagues are more than happy not to see the odd Junmyeon around. Chanyeol should not be worried. But here he is. He cannot stay still on the fourteenth day. Guilt is drinking him up.

Maybe it is his fault for making Junmyeon sick. Is he though? Whatever it is, Chanyeol needs to see him. He has to apologize.

Or else the look of pure shock from Junmyeon's round eyes will never disappear from Chanyeol's brain. As well as thinking about Junmyeon every day. It is becoming unhealthy.

He managed to get Junmyeon's address from Madam Im's assistant. Here he is. It has been almost ten minutes. He has been staring at the doorbell for ten ing minutes.

First, he is nervous for no reason. Second, he is certain that Junmyeon does not eat fruits but he bought some anyway. Third, he is on the highest floor at one of the luxurious condominiums which means, Junmyeon lives in a penthouse. So the male is wealthy all along.

Well, one of the rumors is true then.

Lastly, he cannot deny the fear bubbling inside.

What if Junmyeon is... not stable? Will he attempt to drink his blood again? Chanyeol's finger is on the switch of the doorbell now. He just has to press it and apologize to Junmyeon and be on his way home. 

Three.

Two.

One.

Chanyeol cannot do it.

"I'm such a coward," He mumbles while placing the basket of fruits on the doorstep before leaving. Unknown to him, the door opens. A feminine figure watches him exit by the elevator. 

+++

Junmyeon has been absent for a month now. His colleagues are still talking about the male. Chanyeol does not wish to waste his energy on them so he does not give a single . He keeps thinking about how to contact Junmyeon.

He almost had a stupid idea by asking Madam Im a favor about Junmyeon's condi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter