004

unspeakable truth.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

read with caution

 

There have been no new victims of the blood- creature after almost two weeks. Chanyeol sighs in relief after reading the headline. Junmyeon really kept his promise.

"Mr Park," Junmyeon calls a few hours later, his voice faint and weak. "Of course," Chanyeol answers even though the other did not even point out anything.

By the look on Junmyeon's face, he knows exactly what it is. "Lunch break," Junmyeon blinks softly, almost as if he is going to faint any time now. Chanyeol forgets to nod, feeling worried. 

///

"Can I... Can I drink more today?"

How can Chanyeol say no to those round eyes looking so hopeful? Besides, he had had his blood taken more than usual monthly due to his harmless disease anyway. This is not different.

"Yeah," He breaks eye contact, ing his sleeve. "Let me," Junmyeon undos the button delicately before looking up at him, "Did it hurt the last time?"

Chanyeol looks away in reflex at the memory, "Kind of... But I can get used to it." He got used to needles when he was young. This will be a piece of cake. Junmyeon's eyes flash with worry but Chanyeol did not get to see it.

"I'll do it gently this time," Junmyeon nudges his nose against the skin of Chanyeol's wrist, just an inch away from the healed bite mark. "You don't have to-"

Chanyeol's words get stuck in his throat as he observes Junmyeon doing that thing again. Is he a cat or something? The shorter male is standing closer than the last time.

The sharp pointed teeth reach his skin. Chanyeol closes his eyes, bracing himself for the pain. Surprisingly, it does not hurt like the last time. He bravely stares at Junmyeon.

Chanyeol is doing that again.

He is staring at the way Junmyeon drinks his blood.

Pink lips jutted out against his skin, lashes fluttering elegantly, and those pale fingers holding loosely around his forearm as if he is holding a glass slipper.

He examines the blood flowing in his veins before it disappears under Junmyeon's mouth. Junmyeon is taking big gulps. He seems to be hungrier today. Junmyeon also seems to... like his blood.

Maybe it is his type?

Chanyeol's other hand reaches up to the back of Junmyeon's head. Without him knowing, his digits slowly comb the other's hair. Soft. Junmyeon's hair is so soft and so silky.

Chanyeol does not know how many minutes have passed. He is lost staring at the man upon him. Junmyeon detaches his mouth before tipping his head slightly after he has his fill, his fangs on display.

His gaze automatically settles on Chanyeol. Said male pauses the head pats. He comes to realize what he has been doing and stares back. Junmyeon does not utter a single word.

Never averting his gaze from the taller, he his lips, smudging them a pinkish red.

Chanyeol gulps silently, retracting his hand to his side. Only then does Junmyeon shifts his sight, leaning into his wrist to on the new bite mark.

After he is done, he stares up at him with those round eyes that Chanyeol found it difficult to forget that night. "Did it hurt this time?" Chanyeol blinks before looking down at his forearm which is still under the other's hold, "Just a bit, I guess."

Junmyeon does not say anything, simply buttoning up his sleeve before looking at him again. He smiles, and there is life in those eyes, "Thank you." Chanyeol nods, excusing himself to leave.

Madam Im is in front of him as soon as he opens the door. A chill speedily goes down his spine at the warm smile. "What were you two doing, hm?" Chanyeol reddens almost immediately in the face.

Junmyeon steps in front of the taller, "Just work." Madam Im raises a brow at that. Chanyeol nods frantically but his voice betrays him, "Ju-Just wo-work."

Madam Im pulls a face, "I see," before beckoning Junmyeon with her hand, "Come see me for a bit, Junmyeonie." 

Holy . I'm in trouble. I'm in trouble. I'm in trouble- 

Junmyeon turns around, sending him a smile. Chanyeol blinks multiple times because What is he smiling for?! We're both in trouble!

Chanyeol cannot stop glimpsing at Madam Im's office for the whole night. Junmyeon does not come out of her office for the whole night.

After work, he leaves without waiting for Junmyeon, not wanting to mess up whatever relationship they have with one another. 

+++

It has been three months. Junmyeon seems to act normal. He mentions nothing about Madam Im. Chanyeol feels uneasy all the time, but as long as Junmyeon does not mention her, he is fine with it.

He just feels scared whenever their lady boss goes in and out of the office. A gentle tug on his inner elbow steals his attention before a soft voice

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter