012

unspeakable truth.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Junmyeon drives up to the hilltop. The vehicle keeps going without stopping. Chanyeol keeps his sight fixated outside even though it is the same scenery. They passed by lots of tall trees and a question pops Chanyeol's curious brain.

Do Junmyeon's parents live in the forest?

He is about to ask but he acknowledges the roads are not rocky. It is smooth just like the ones in the city. Plus, they have already passed by a few guard booths now. Chanyeol turns his gaze to Junmyeon after passing the seventh booth, "Is there a reason you moved out?"

"It's difficult to head to work."

Chanyeol throws another question, "But you used to get on the bus to work from where you're currently staying, right?" Junmyeon nods, "Mother told me to use the car only when it's necessary so I find it more reasonable to go home with you in my car."

Chanyeol looks ahead, his cheeks slightly heating up. He wonders if Junmyeon can get more charming than he already is. The sun is about to set, painting the skies in an orange-purplish hue. 

Chanyeol grows nervous. Not because of the place but Junmyeon's father. What if Junmyeon's father threatens him again? 

Junmyeon links their fingers once he hears Chanyeol's heartbeat racing rapidly. "I promise I'll never leave your side," Junmyeon comforts with a little squeeze, eyes still on the road.

Chanyeol nods to no one in particular, cherishing the hand on his. After taking a certain route, Junmyeon stops the car right in front of a tall double black gate. Chanyeol ducks his head to have a better view of them.

The gates themself look imposing.

It is as if they are entering a cemetery.

Junmyeon retrieves his hand before making a quick phone call. Then, the gate opens. There are little lights along the pathway toward the premise. 

It's not creepy as I thought it'd be, Chanyeol mentally notes as the lights automatically light up the moment the vehicle passes by. The lights kind of reminds him of fireflies, except that the lights do not flicker.

The front yard is huge and Chanyeol observes the nearing house with awe. He thought the house would look like the spooky mansions in the movies. In fact, it is the contrary.

A traditional Korean courtyard house greets his sight. Chanyeol wonders which year this house was built. As promised, Junmyeon never leaves Chanyeol's side after parking at the open garage next to his father's SUV.

Their shoes walk over the stone pathway as they head to the main entrance of the house. The taller cannot utter a single word after holding Junmyeon's hand. Everything is magnificent.

The tall walls make it look like they are in a secluded world just for them. Maybe this is private property. The sound of the water fountain attracts Chanyeol's attention.

Situated in front of the house's entrance, there is a huge pond with koi fish swimming inside. "Good evening, Young Master Kim." The sudden voice spooks the hell out of Chanyeol.

He did not hear any footsteps other than theirs.

The butler, assuming by the appearance of the black suit, greets them. Junmyeon, specifically. The man is tall like him, has semi-long white hair slicked back, looking young but maybe not younger than Junmyeon.

Maybe the butler is like Junmyeon's father. Chanyeol suddenly remembers something crucial. How old is Junmyeon? How old are his parents?

"This is Chanyeol," Junmyeon speaks flatly before tugging the said man close next to him. The butler seems to be wary of Chanyeol's presence and Chanyeol is aware of it clearly.

He understands the reaction. Chanyeol may be the first human to ever step in here. He bows towards the stoic-faced butler before toeing off his shoes, settling them next to Junmyeon's.

Everywhere Chanyeol's eyes land, they are all wood. The walls. The floor. The decorations. They are all wood. Chanyeol should not be surprised but he has never been inside a traditional courtyard house before. Maybe some parts of the house were customized to wood.

"They're waiting for you, Young Master Kim and Young Master Park."

Junmyeon's father looks harmless smiling while chatting with his wife but the happiness perishes from his face, looking deadly as ever as soon as their eyes connect.

Chanyeol's heart nearly shoots up his throat. A reassuring squeeze on his hand from Junmyeon is all it takes for him not to panic. "Come, have a seat," Yoona ushers the tensed human with a tug of his other hand.

The table is square-shaped but it is wide. Junmyeon sits across from his mother while Chanyeol is seated across from Junmyeon's father.

Chanyeol does not dare to glimpse at the three people's plates other than gaping a hole at his pasta dish. It is almost similar one he had on his first date with Junmyeon. Junmyeon must have told them everything.

"Let's eat," Yoona forces out a smile once the drinks are served. None of them speak a word after that. Junmyeon's hand gently pats Chanyeol's unmoving one on the table, urging him to eat.

The taller tentatively begins to dine in after wishing a small thank you, hoping Junmyeon's parents heard it. The pasta tastes wonderful. Chanyeol resists commenting on it.

He does not want to ruin the night by starting a meaningless conversation. "Is it good, Chanyeolie?" Chanyeol bravely looks at Madam Im, nodding his head curtly before resuming having another bite. 

Junmyeon's father speaks and his tone is lifeless, "Have you two done the deed."

Yoona sends a sharp gaze to her husband, "Honey." Chanyeol goes red in the face while Junmyeon can only sigh.

"I'm his father. Is it wrong to ask?"

Yoona smiles through clenched teeth, "You could've asked Chanyeolie in private." Mr Kim scoffs, "He knows Junmyeonie isn't fully human. What if he hurts my son like the last time-"

"I wouldn't dare," Chanyeol blurts out, panicking  a little as he literally cuts the elder midsentence before facing Junmyeon with adoration, "My feelings for him are genuine."

Junmyeon stares at Chanyeol with slightly widening brows, sensing the peculiar warmth rushing up to his neck. Yoona is impressed as the human managed to shut up her husband.

Mr Kim watches the two, his frown disappearing. The look in Chanyeol's eyes. His wife has had that look before. The human is in love with his son. He then turns to look at his wife.

Yoona rolls her eyes. The atmosphere is uncomfortable thanks to her husband. "He didn't know she's my mother," Junmyeon speaks up for the first time, facing his father, "It wasn't his fault."

Yoona nods thrice, sipping the redness from her wine glass. Mr Kim shakes his head as he resumes eating, "I'll forgive you this time since you have my collection."

Chanyeol blinks profusely, exchanging stares between Junmyeon and Yoona before Mr Kim. The elder male notes the obvious silence as well as the confusion on the human's face.

He quirks a brow towards Chanyeol, "I thought you have all of my books? Junmyeonie told me you have them all." Chanyeol takes a moment to process the information. The collection of books at his apartment? 

It then dawns upon him.

"You're KSW?"

Said male is quite taken aback. He thought Junmyeon has already informed the human of his identity. "Yes. KSW. Kim Siwon." Chanyeol stares down at his plate, his brain still processing the

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter