007

unspeakable truth.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"You- I- When did you- I," Chanyeol looks everywhere except Junmyeon. The joy turns solemn as he remembers Madam Im, "Junmyeon, I-"

"Chanyeol," Junmyeon's fingers reach to the hem of Chanyeol's outwear as he calls, catching the taller's attention, "I-"

"Good morning- Oh, Junmyeon! You're back!"

One of their colleagues, the non-toxic one, grabs Junmyeon by the shoulders, shaking him happily. Chanyeol has to roll his eyes. Jongdae is being too loud in the morning again.

He passes by the two to place his bag before starting his work. Junmyeon's head is turned towards Chanyeol's way as he explains he was on sick leave to their colleague.

After being interrupted, the two do not utter a word as they work. Once everyone leaves for the lunch break, only then do they start to talk. The thing is, it is so awkward.

"Um," Chanyeol starts, clearing his throat, "Junmyeon?"

Said male lookes at him in an instant. His eyes gleam with something he cannot comprehend at the moment. Chanyeol averts his sight to his notebook on the desk, talking to it instead of looking at the man, "Are you... hungry?"

Junmyeon follows the latter's gaze, and he wonders why the male is asking the book if it is hungry before he looks at Chanyeol again. Chanyeol is looking at him now. Only then Junmyeon understands.

Chanyeol is asking him whether he is 'hungry'.

"Oh," His voice comes out soft, blinking a few times before he waves his hands absentmindedly in front of him, "Mother has found a new supply for me." Chanyeol's face falls a little but he covers it up briskly with a smile, "I see."

It is silent again. 

Lord, Chanyeol wants to smack his head on the desk multiple times, This is so awkward. Junmyeon simply stares at Chanyeol, listening to the latter's rapid heartbeats.

Once the other does not seem to ask anything else, he excuses himself before entering his mother's office since he promised he will drop a visit during lunch break. Only then Chanyeol can breathe properly as if something was tied around his throat.

He goes out to eat after there are no signs of Junmyeon exiting his mother's office. 

///

"Can I send you home?"

Chanyeol pauses his footsteps. He looks behind and spots Junmyeon right there, tugging on the hem of his outwear. Everyone has gone home. He thought Junmyeon would have done the same.

Junmyeon looks so hopeful. Chanyeol is surprised, "You have a car?" The male lives in a penthouse and he basically can afford everything. Honestly, Chanyeol feels stupid for asking.

Junmyeon does not laugh but he nods instead, still holding onto Chanyeol's blazer as he explains, "Mother told me to use it only when it's necessary." Chanyeol remembers something at that.

He takes a glance at Madam Im's office. A shudder travels across his whole body. Somehow, it feels like her eyes are on them. Him, specifically. He nods to Junmyeon and the male beams.

Chanyeol's chest clenches in the most extraordinary way ever. It has been a while since he has seen that smile.

Junmyeon's car is the latest model. Imported. It is sleek white almost the color of the owner's skin.

Chanyeol carefully gets on the shotgun. He does not want to dirty the costly vehicle. He then clumsily searches for the seatbelt. Junmyeon reaches over after noticing his struggle and does it for him.

Chanyeol gulps, looking straight ahead. Too close. The taller tells him the address and Junmyeon sets it on the navigation.

A few minutes pass. They do not speak a word, the music being their only companion to lessen the somewhat awkward atmosphere. Chanyeol has a little problem keeping his eyes off how cool Junmyeon is driving. Anyone can drive, right?

So he fixes his sight outside, trying to not think about Junmyeon which is impossible because the said male is right next to him. He still cannot believe Junmyeon has an awesome car.

He cannot believe this man is driving him home. His little crush is becoming something else. Chanyeol mentally scolds himself to get a hold of himself. He should stop hoping for miracles that will never happen.

Madam Im might have told him Junmyeon has feelings for him. Maybe she just wants him to apologize to her son. That must be it. There is no way Junmyeon will like him.

Just then, Chanyeol realizes something. Junmyeon is taking the long route to his apartment. Junmyeon starts to speak just when he is about to ask about it.

"Are we," Junmyeon glances at him before to the road, "Are we still friends... ?" Chanyeol blinks twice. Junmyeon sounds sad. Did the male think they are not friends anymore?

"Junmyeon, I," Chanyeol halts, the words difficult to come out since Junmyeon is driving, "To answer your question, yes. We're still friends. There's something I need to tell you."

But he wants Junmyeon to see him while he says it. He voices it out and Junmyeon agrees to wait until th

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter