015

unspeakable truth.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It is the first day of the new work time. Chanyeol wakes up right after his alarm goes off. Junmyeon stirs by the alarm too, scooting close to the warmth which is moving away.

"Hey," Chanyeol calls affectionately, combing the smaller's bangs with his digits, "Good morning." Junmyeon only replies with a grunt in his throat, limbs tightening around the taller's waist.

"Come on now," Chanyeol nearly wails, "I won't be heading to work if you're like this..." Junmyeon burrows his face further into the taller's chest. Chanyeol gives in easily.

"Five more minutes," He noses into Junmyeon's messy hair as he scoops Junmyeon into his embrace, his face ticklish of the bed hair but he does not care, "Just five more minutes."

Junmyeon's voice is muffled against Chanyeol's shirt (but Chanyeol hears it), "Ten minutes."

Chanyeol sighs mentally, not wanting to protest because it is so comfy like this, "Ten minutes." Junmyeon smiles into his human's chest, content.

"Happy birthday."

Chanyeol takes off the towel from his damp hair only to see a drowsy Junmyeon with his crunched white tee and black shorts standing near the kitchen aisle, holding up a small box.

Chanyeol's heart nearly jumps out of his chest as he thought it was a ring box at first but as he goes closer, it is not that small.

"You're really making it harder to leave," Chanyeol laments, sliding an arm around Junmyeon, dropping a kiss on the bed hair before receiving the box, "Thank you. Can I open it later after work?"

Junmyeon nods with his cheek pressing against the taller's clothed chest, sighing at the warmth surrounding him, "Why did Mother suddenly change the timing..."

Chanyeol chortles, rubbing his back with one hand as his other has the box, "She needs our help to teach the interns. I know it'll be tough. We might not see each other that often because of the new timing but this won't be forever, okay?"

Junmyeon does not say a word but clings close to Chanyeol, arms never loosening. "Hey, I need to get ready," Chanyeol noses into the bed hair before peering down at the smaller, "You need to rest."

Junmyeon does not move so Chanyeol shifts them to the bed. He lays the drowsy male on the mattress and pulls up the duvet.

He drops a kiss on Junmyeon's forehead after brushing the messy strands away with his digits, "I'll see you in the evening."

Junmyeon seizes his wrist and Chanyeol's heart skips a beat. He always sees this in dramas and he cannot believe he is experiencing it now.

Junmyeon's sleepy orbs glance down at Chanyeol's mouth. Junmyeon wants a kiss and the way he is asking for it has Chanyeol nearly giving up thinking about work.

Leaning in, he presses his lips briefly against Junmyeon's before pulling away. The shorter sends him a sleepy smile as he lets him go. Chanyeol reminds himself he needs to dress up to head to work.

///

Lunch break arrives and Chanyeol is aware of one thing. It is difficult to work without Junmyeon by his side. Even though they do not talk that much during work, his mere presence brings the taller male a sense of joy.

"Missing someone already?"

Chanyeol averts his attention from looking at the sky outside to the person sitting across from him with a light blue flask bottle. It is his colleague. He joined three months ago via Jongdae's recommendation.

"Is it that obvious?"

Minseok laughs softly as he opens the flask, "It's clear as the day." Chanyeol pats his cheeks a few times as if in an attempt to cheer himself up. Minseok shakes his head before taking a few sips.

Chanyeol swears he spotted a tint of red on Minseok's mouth before the man his lips. He assumes he is imagining things so he brushes it off. He asks as he jerks his chin to the flask, "You're not eating?"

Minseok shakes his head again as he closes the flask, "I'm kind of on a diet." Chanyeol's mouth forms an o shape before noticing someone is not in the cafeteria, "Where's Jongdae?"

Minseok snorts out a laugh, "It's quiet without him, isn't it?" Chanyeol chuckles, "Don't tell me he's on the night shift?" Minseok nods, his tone teasing, "With Junmyeon."

Chanyeol clears his throat as he looks at his drink, "How did you know?" Minseok does a once-over, in disbelief, "You two literally sit next to each other giving that look. How can I not notice?"

Chanyeol's cheeks turn a little pink as he hurriedly sips on the lemonade. Minseok tells him not to worry, "Jongdae doesn't know yet. He just keeps assuming you're dating him and it's tiring to make him shut up talking about you two."

Chanyeol is kind of grateful for that so he thanks the elder man. Chanyeol does not want any gossip to spread. He prefers his relationship to be private.

Minseok smiles as he can discern the longing in Chanyeol's eyes as the taller continues looking out the window. He hopes the pair will be okay.

///

Chanyeol clocks out at 6 PM sharp. Waiting for the bus takes almost three minutes and the journey to Junmyeon's residence takes about half an hour. Only if the bus is not stuck in traffic.

Even though he has layered his attire today, it is freezing cold. He hopes to see Junmyeon before the male goes to work. He needs to see him. Chanyeol thinks he is going crazy.

He misses Junmyeon.

Forty-five minutes later, he is welcomed with a tight embrace right after he opens the door. Chanyeol is stunned for a bit.

"Welcome home," Junmyeon greets, peering up at the taller with his cheek pressing against the latter's clothed chest.

Never had Chanyeol thought someone will welcome him home. He expected that from his father but he never received any.

"I'm home," Chanyeol feels warm as he says that. It feels weird, a good kind of weird. "I'm home," He repeats before cupping Junmyeon's cheek, leaning in as he kisses him sweetly.

"I'm driving to work," Junmyeon tells the taller after their mouths part away, "I'm leaving at 7:15 PM. We have half an hour to spend time." Chanyeol feels heavy after hearing that, "So we only have one hour together if you include mornings."

Junmyeon notices the taller sounding sad, "Chanyeol?" Said male indeed looks sad as he says, "I missed you." Junmyeon blinks, wondering why he feels warm, especially the area around his chest.

His parents have said that before. Why does it feel different when Chanyeol said it?

"I know it's just day one, it sounds crazy to miss someone within a day-"

"Me too," Junmyeon feels warmer as he replies, framing his hands over Chanyeol's cheeks, "I missed you too."

A dark blush paints Chanyeol's cheeks. Junmyeon has been always quiet with his feelings but Chanyeol knows the male has been trying to reciprocate his affection with words.

And he never knew he loved it this much hearing from the man himself.

"Ugh," He throws his arms around the smaller, holding him close, "This is so unfair." Junmyeon tries to fit his arms around the latter, "What is unfair?"

Chanyeol feels his cheeks burning even further as he answers in his head, I want to kiss you senselessly until you don't get to go to work. 

"It's nothing," Chanyeol takes in a deep breath of Junmyeon's scent before parting away from the hug, "You should get ready. I'll send you off at the parking lot."

Junmyeon nods with a pout, not wanting to get ready just yet. He does not understand what Chanyeol meant. What is unfair?

Before getting in the car, Junmyeon hugs him again. Chanyeol replies to the hug tightly. "Make sure to use the hot packs if it gets too cold at the office," Chanyeol reminds Junmyeon as he tucks the semi-long strands of hair behind Junmyeon's ear.

It started snowing when he was on the bus on the way here. The weather naturally got colder than it was earlier. He is more worried about Junmyeon since the male needs additional warmth.

Junmyeon nods, noting the absence of happiness in Chanyeol. "Don't be sad," Junmyeon frames the talle

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter