006

unspeakable truth.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

As if he only realizes what he is doing, Junmyeon's expression drastically changes. He moves away as well as his planted fist. Chanyeol's back is glued to the wall, and the same goes for his palms.

He looks terrified.

Junmyeon cannot handle the look in the human's eyes as if he is some sort of a monster. It is the exact look he had back when Junmyeon stayed the night at Chanyeol's apartment after he fainted at the bus stop. 

"I," He takes a step up the stairs, "I'm sorry." He then runs away, stumbling a little. It takes a while for Chanyeol to notice that he is hyperventilating.

Doing the belly-breathing technique while sinking to the ground, tears stream down his face. Chanyeol cannot calm down. His fingers comb into his hair before clutching it firmly. He recalls what Junmyeon said.

Holy . 

No wonder Madam Im calls Junmyeon so fondly than others. No wonder she was at Junmyeon's penthouse that night.

Madam Im is Junmyeon's mother.

He is her son. 

+++

Junmyeon has been absent for more than three months.

As well as Madam Im.

Chanyeol feels terrible. Something must have happened because of him. He wants to apologize to Junmyeon's mother but he cannot even dare to look her in the eyes.

Plus, she has not even spared a glance his way. He lost his chance as she has gone for three months. Not only that, the gossip is getting worse too. 

"I bet they're on a holiday, leaving us here to do all the work." 

"What a lucky woman."

"Lucky woman? More like a lucky man."

They laugh at their own stupid joke. 

"Yeah, man. I wish I was lucky."

"He's so lucky to tap that wonderful -"

"Can you all shut the up for a moment?"

Chanyeol explodes. They all stop and stare, surprised because Chanyeol never lost his cool. The one near Chanyeol hoops an arm around Chanyeol's shoulder and teases, "You must be jealous that he-"

" off," Chanyeol pushes him away before grabbing his stuff, "I've been quiet for too long but now, I've had enough. I've lost my respect for all of you."

He needs some peace and quiet right now and he cannot have any of that with these ers gossiping like they know it all.

+++

Junmyeon's desk is still empty on the sixth month they have last seen each other. Chanyeol cannot stand it anymore. He has not been sleeping well ever since the incident. Chanyeol wants to see Junmyeon so badly. He wants to apologize.

The familiar sound of heels clacking against the floor has his head turning once the entrance of the office opens. Madam Im is back. Chanyeol waits until lunch break. He does not dare to meet her, feeling scared.

Once everyone leaves for the day, Chanyeol decides to go for it. Knocking twice on the door, he gets inside and bows ninety degrees.

"Good evening, Madam. I... I just wanted to know whether Junmyeon is doing-"

"Don't even start."

An eerie shiver spreads all over his being. No wonder Junmyeon sounded scary as hell when he was angry. He definitely got it from his mother. Chanyeol keeps his gaze on the floor after straightening his body, hands tucked in front. He waits.

Nothing. There is nothing coming from his boss.

He leaves with a bow.

"Wait."

Chanyeol stops. He slowly faces her way only to see her right in front of him. "My apologies for reacting with my feelings," Madam Im smiles but it does not reach her eyes like usual, "I must've scared you."

Chanyeol is unable to answer. Taking a step back, he continues looking at the floor. Madam Im comes forward with enough space in front. Her cold hands envelop Chanyeol's before bringing it between them. Chanyeol ducks his head even lower.

"I know what happened."

Chanyeol already wants the ground to swallow him. "Junmyeon promised he won't tell anyone that I'm his mother. And that boy really keeps his promises," She chuckles softly. Chanyeol maintains his sight on their hands.

Madam Im starts to caress her thumbs above his knuckles, "Whenever Junmyeonie feels extreme emotions, he falls into this deep sleep, unlike humans' version. I... I'll never know when he'll wake up. This is the longest he's asleep. I'm worried if he never wakes up."

Upon hearing that, Chanyeol finally meets her eyes and he sees her smiling sadly.

She holds his hands tighter as she goes on, "Junmyeon is half-human and half like his father. He slept most of the time during his teenage years. He didn'

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter