final

unspeakable truth.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chanyeol dreams of waking up next to a clingy Junmyeon exchanging their anniversary gifts as well as slow kisses.

None of it happens in reality.

Instead, he awakens from a thud followed by loud thunder outside.

Patting the bed blindly, he calls out, his voice hoarse, "Junmyeon... ?" Sleep is thrown away once he realizes Junmyeon is not on the bed next to him.

Chanyeol throws the duvet away from him only to see the male on the floor, crawling toward the kitchen.

"Junmyeon?!"

He kneels on the floor, cradling Junmyeon in his arms before realizing the male is breathing with short quick breaths. Chanyeol cradles a side of the shorter's face to scan his state.

Junmyeon's irises are flickering from red to normal, seeming unfocused as he huffs for air. Chanyeol remembers the last time he was like this. Without hesitation, he asks, "Junmyeon, do you need my-"

Junmyeon pushes him away before he can finish his sentence, his voice husky, "Th-Thirsty-" Chanyeol then recalls there are supplies in the fridge.

He leaves Junmyeon heavyheartedly on the floor, scurrying to the fridge as he ignores his sore hips and returns with a blood pack near the shorter's mouth.

Junmyeon pokes the packet with his fangs before gulping it down. He drinks three more but it is not enough. The thing is, the supplies are out.

"Ch-Chanyeol," Junmyeon holds the large hand on his face, unable to look at the taller, "Call Mother..."

Chanyeol looks so worried as he turns Junmyeon's face his way, wanting the shorter to look at him, "Is it not enough?"

Junmyeon does not answer the question, "Call her now-"

"Drink mine, Junmyeon."

"No," He pushes Chanyeol's wrists away, the floor still looking blurry, "Need a lot, y-you'll faint-"

Chanyeol carries Junmyeon and places him sideways on his lap on the bed. "Drink mine, Junmyeon." Junmyeon looks away from those worried orbs, grasping onto the taller's shirt firmly, "I promised n-not to-"

"I'm telling you to break the promise now," Chanyeol holds his cheek and turns his face to look him in the eyes, "I can't see you like this. Remember, I have too much blood. You need blood. Drink as much as you want. I'll be fine."

Junmyeon sniffles as he nods, "Hold me close..."

Chanyeol holds him close with an arm firmly around him, his other cradling the back of his head, tugging him close to his neck. He braces for the pain.

His fingers dig into Junmyeon's waist against the shirt from the blinding ache.

Junmyeon has a gentle hand on Chanyeol's nape, the fingers of his other hand gripping the strands of Chanyeol's bed hair at the back of his head as he slurps the blood he craves for a long time.

Minutes have passed.

Chanyeol feels odd.

He feels warm all over. It hurts but it strangely feels good.

Junmyeon over the wound after he is done, leaving a brief kiss on it. "Chanyeol," He sniffles, holding Chanyeol's face, "I'm sorry." Chanyeol only smiles lazily as he meekly shakes his head.

He is unable to open his eyes since he feels so muzzy in a good way, but he manages to question, "Are you okay now... ?" Junmyeon eyes him with worry. He is the one supposed to ask the question.

"I'm good," Chanyeol answers a minute later after gaining his senses, patting the apprehensive Junmyeon's hair as he asks, "Has this happened before?" Junmyeon's gaze shoots down at the jumper's logo the taller has on, trying to recall anything similar.

He becomes like this only if he uses his abilities or runs out of supplies. Chanyeol has it all figured out by the silence.

"I think," Junmyeon pauses, their eyes connecting before the shorter breaks it away shyly, "Yesterday, we..."

Chanyeol crimsons deeply. That was his exact guess. "You'll need blood every time we," Chanyeol fakes out a cough as they make eye contact, "Do that."

Junmyeon burrows his face into his chest, sounding sad, "But I... I want us to do that every day..." The tips of Chanyeol's ears go dark pink, as well as his cheeks. They did it four times yesterday.

"We ca-can't do that every day. I'll faint," He slips a hand underneath Junmyeon's shirt, caressing the spot on the smaller's back, "You fell just now. Does it hurt here?" Junmyeon shakes his head, sniffling.

Chanyeol panics, "Are you crying?"

"I broke my promise..."

"Hey, hey," Chanyeol holds the shorter's face to face him but Junmyeon is not looking at him as he continues to sniffle, "I told you to break it. It's not your fault."

Junmyeon pouts with his brows upturned, "I didn't want your blood to be involved in our relationship..." Goodness, Chanyeol tries his hardest not to melt because Junmyeon looks so adorable right now.

He focuses on comforting the male, "I'll be more worried if we waited. You'll definitely faint if we waited for your mother and I won't know when you'll wake up and everything of that just makes me uneasy."

Junmyeon still looks sad, picking at the crewneck of the taller's jumper. "And hey, didn't you tell me that you liked my blood much better?" Junmyeon nods, having their eyes meet, "But I broke my promise..."

Chanyeol hauls him to his chest, wincing a little from the deep wound on his neck. Junmyeon is so adorable. He never wants to lose this man.

"You've never drank my blood before ever since that day. You broke it because I told you to break it. You're not at fault here. Plus, I kind of wanted you to drink mine."

Junmyeon distances away to look at the latter, curious, "Is that why you always look at me when I drink yours?"

Chanyeol looks away while clearing his throat, not wanting to answer that question, "Hey, um, I didn't get to show what I bought for you." Junmyeon holds in a giggle at the flustered Chanyeol, liking the light pink on the latter's cheeks. 

Chanyeol fishes his hand into the nightstand's first drawer, pulling out a small matte black box. Junmyeon opens it, witnessing a ring inside of it. He blinks, looking at Chanyeol immediately.

Chanyeol holds his breath at the blank expression on the shorter's face. "My gift is the same as yours," Junmyeon responds while leaning over to pull out the second drawer of the nightstand.

He hands the small shiny black box to Chanyeol. A chuckle leaves Chanyeol's mouth. Junmyeon is right. It is a ring similar to Junmyeon's. It is as if they planned it.

"Can you wear it for me?"

Junmyeon retrieves the simple gold band which has their initials out of the box before wearing it on Chanyeol's finger. Chanyeol does the same, and both take a moment to stare at the gold bands on their fingers.

"So we're engaged now," Chanyeol comments with a smile, taking Junmyeon's hand which has the ring. He brushes his lips over the knuckles.

"I don't want us to be engaged."

Chanyeol's heart nearly drops, gaping at Junmyeon with utmost shock. Junmyeon looks ahead as he asks, "Can we get married right now?"

Chanyeol blinks multiple times. It takes him a while to reply. "We need to register to get married." Junmyeon nods, "I know."

He holds Chanyeol's hand that has the ring, smiling as he brushes his thumb over the jewelry, "I want these rings to represent our marriage right now." 

So adorable, Chanyeol mentally coos. He cups Junmyeon's cheek, "Of course. We're married now." Junmyeon beams. He kisses Chanyeol, and the latter smiles into the kiss. 

"How do you want our wedding celebration to be?"

Chanyeol asks as he gets to have a break, panting into Junmyeon's neck. "I'm okay with anything as long as you like it," Junmyeon tugs the taller's hair, having their mouths meet again.

"I want it simple," Chanyeol kisses down the shorter's neck, pressing his mouth against each and every hickey he left yesterday, "Not into grand weddings..."

Junmyeon feels warm especially from the spots the latter leaves kisses. It reminds him of last night. He loved every moment from yesterday night. 

The rain pours harder, and the temperature naturally gets colder around them. Junmyeon is starting to dislike it.

"Cold," Junmyeon complains, snuggling his nose under Chanyeol's jaw. Chanyeol's chest heaves deeply from the deep slow kisses.

He still has not recovered his energy from yesterday night. Junmyeon was so needy. Not that he minded. He loved everything about last night.

"Chanyeol."

Chanyeol returns to reality from his thoughts, "Yeah?"

"Want this," Junmyeon tugs on the jumper, pouting. Chanyeol looks down at the part the shorter tugged, "This? Okay." Chanyeol takes it off, wincing again before wearing it over Junmyeon's top.

Junmyeon giggles, satisfied by the warmth. Cha

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter