003

unspeakable truth.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

read with caution

 

Junmyeon's dark circles have lessened but his cheeks are not full.

They are sunken. Junmyeon tilts his head with a questioning gaze before frowning down at Chanyeol's chest, flinching away instantly like a cat smelling something they do not like. Oh, right. 

Chanyeol forgot to take off the rosary.

He just kept it on him for safety. He needs to take it off but he cannot do it in the open. His nosy colleagues may ask and there is no way he can handle their stupid questions early in the morning. 

"I'm sorry," Chanyeol gives a bow before backing away to take his seat, not seeming to notice the look of surprise on Junmyeon’s face. Despite feeling annoyed with the presence of the silver, Junmyeon is confused.

Why did Chanyeol apologize? 

///

It will be lunchtime in a few minutes. Junmyeon has not been coughing, unlike the day Chanyeol first tested him. Maybe is it because of the absence of garlic this time? 

But the elder male is slightly slanted on his seat as if it is possible to prevent the effect of the rosary on him. Chanyeol throws a quick glance at Junmyeon. He has a feeling the male is still sick. Or maybe it is just him.

"Do you want to join us, Mr Park?"

One of his colleagues' questions as the office starts to empty. Another one whispers to the one who asked even though it is unnecessary because all of them can hear it loud and clear, "He wants to spend time with the weirdo so let's not be weirdos ourselves."

With that, they leave without waiting for Chanyeol's answer.

"Mr Kim," Chanyeol gets up, taking Junmyeon's attention, "Please follow me for a bit." Junmyeon blinks cluelessly at the broad back heading towards the corner of the office floor which is a room consisting of photocopy machines and printers.

The room is small but stretched out, allowing a maximum of two to three people to enter. The attached cabinets are above the machines, containing files of previous records of the company.

Chanyeol sends a small smile after locking the door. He pricked his forefinger with a noticeboard pin earlier. He lifts it towards the elder male, "Here." Junmyeon's brows widen with surprise.

His irises turn red but after he blinks, it is gone. "You're trying to trap me," Junmyeon stands still with his fists clenched at his sides, glaring at the bloodied tip of Chanyeol's forefinger who's blocking the locked door of the room.

Chanyeol is amused hearing Junmyeon's voice for the first time other than saying yes and no. Once the glare is shifted his way, Chanyeol's brain finally finished processing what Junmyeon actually said.

He waves his hands in front of him frantically, "What- No, I- Mr Kim, you look like you're going to pass out again. That's why I..." He cannot continue. Chanyeol can understand why Junmyeon does not take the offer. He cannot understand why he is willing to offer.

Only one reason comes to mind when he thinks hard.

Junmyeon did not even ask for his blood but the look in his eyes... Chanyeol has had that look before. A vague memory of his father passes by, those icy eyes glaring down at him when he asked for food. 

"Know your place, child." 

The sharp tone still haunts his dreams sometimes. Chanyeol was in his teens when he found out he was being emotionally abused by his father. He does not want to remember anything about his father now or else he will have an episode.

"I… I took off my silver necklace," Chanyeol tries to assure the other, "You can-" "What are you planning," Junmyeon cuts him midsentence, the glare still fixated on him.

Chanyeol sighs, closing his eyes briefly, "I know how it feels to be starved so, please accept my offer." Junmyeon frowns even deeper, "You might faint." Chanyeol waves his other hand absentmindedly, "I have a disease. I have too much blood."

He notes the glare slightly faltering before the shorter takes a step closer, but hesitance is visible on his handsome face. Chanyeol does not move away once Junmyeon is standing in front of him.

Junmyeon asks after somehow gaining trust, his tone still flat and lifeless as always, "Are you sure." Chanyeol nods. Junmyeon looks down at the pricked finger slowly oozing red. He uses all of his digits to hold the forefinger. Chanyeol blinks at the coldness of Junmyeon's touch.

He blinks even faster as the other at the wound. There is no more blood dripping out from where he pricked it. Chanyeol's brows widen with surprise. Did the wound just heal? 

Junmyeon stares up at him e

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter