009

unspeakable truth.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

As Chanyeol opens the lid of his lunchbox, a fixated gaze on him causes him to lift his sight to the person in front. Junmyeon is staring at him as he drinks from the familiar red packet.

He is obviously staring at Chanyeol's lips.

The taller becomes a little flustered. Junmyeon has been doing that for a few days now ever since their kiss and he is still not used to it. But he does not hate it.

"Junmyeon," Chanyeol settles his utensils neatly to a side after he is almost done with the homemade egg kimchi fried rice, "I thought about what you said that day."

Junmyeon tilts his head questioningly. "I want to meet Sehun but I want you to be there with me. Is that okay?" Junmyeon nods with a small smile, "Of course."

Chanyeol's shoulders slump in relief, "Thank you." Junmyeon is curious though. "How are you going to contact him?" Chanyeol sighs, fishing out his phone from his pants pocket, "Let's hope he still uses the same old email I registered for him." 

///

"Still no replies," Chanyeol whines after they clock out of work. "I think he'll reply once he's not busy," Junmyeon tries to offer him encouragement. Chanyeol stares at his phone sadly, "What if he changed his email? Look, even his profile picture is empty."

Junmyeon grabs onto Chanyeol's unoccupied hand, tugging him to the elevator, "He will reply. Trust him." At that, Chanyeol keeps his phone back in his pocket before having his attention on the smaller, "I feel so anxious."

The elevator door closes. Junmyeon slips into his chest, hugging him firmly. Only then Chanyeol feels a little calm. He wraps his arms around Junmyeon, sighing with his eyes closed.

"He would be delighted to meet you," Junmyeon pulls away just a little to have enough space between them to look at the taller, "Trust him." Chanyeol nods, trusting Junmyeon's words.

Once they arrive at Chanyeol's doorstep, Chanyeol pulls the shorter into his embrace. "Get home safely," He mumbles. "I will," Junmyeon smiles into the taller's neck, arms tight around Chanyeol.

He leaves a quick peck on Chanyeol's lips before preparing to leave. Chanyeol does not let him go far. He pulls Junmyeon close, slotting their mouths for a proper kiss.

Junmyeon enjoys it until it lasts, limbs looped loosely around the taller's neck. Chanyeol pulls away a long while later, pressing his mouth against Junmyeon's forehead before placing his chin gingerly on top of Junmyeon's head, simply holding him close.

Junmyeon has his face snuggled close against the latter's neck, giving Chanyeol comforting pats on the wide back. Just when Chanyeol wants Junmyeon to stay in his arms a little longer, his phone pings in his pocket.

Junmyeon looks at him with surprise as well as the taller. "I'm keeping my expectations low," He chortles humourlessly as he takes out his phone.

As soon as he opens his email, Junmyeon watches the way Chanyeol's brows widen. Chanyeol displays the phone screen with a frozen expression.

 

Are you sure this is Chanyeol?!

P-A-R-K Chanyeol?!

When?! Where?!

I can't wait to see you!!!

 

From the texts, Sehun seems so enthusiastic to meet him. Junmyeon beams up to Chanyeol only to see him shedding tears. The smile vanishes from his face as he helps the taller to wipe them off.

"I-I'm fine, I just- I'm so happy? Until I'm crying?"

Chanyeol laughs with tears falling, letting Junmyeon rub them off. "I'm glad," Junmyeon smiles as he cups the taller's face, his thumbs under Chanyeol's eyes. Chanyeol holds the small hands before grinning gleefully.

+++

Chanyeol fidgets with anxiousness outside the cafe they agreed to meet. He does not want to enter the cafe until Junmyeon arrives. He is too nervous. He hopes Junmyeon reaches earlier than Sehun does.

The longer he waits, the more anxious he becomes. Where are they? Chanyeol glances at his wristwatch and his phone. It is nine six in the morning. Is he the one who arrived too early?

"Hyung?"

Chanyeol freezes just when he is about to call Junmyeon. He turns around to the voice. It is Sehun. The boy has grown tall just like him. It must be their father's gene. He is clad in a white shirt with a dark brown bomber jacket with black washed-out jeans.

Just as he remembers, Sehun still does not wear his sneakers properly. His eyes meet the boy as he takes a tentative step forward, "Sehun."

Sehun's expression is unreadable as he dashes his way with a jump before throwing himself at the elder, having Chanyol open his arms in reflex to catch the boy. "I missed you so much," Sehun's voice is muffled against his shoulder, arms tight around Chanyeol.

Chanyeol reluctantly slides his arms around the male who is quite well-built, chuckling nervously in response. "You have no idea how much I tried to find you," Sehun pouts after pulling away from the hug (his arms are still around Chanyeol).

"I-I see," Chanyeol looks around, hoping to have a sight of Junmyeon before averting his gaze to Sehun, "Let's head inside?" Sehun gives a big nod as he beams.

After ordering breakfast, Chanyeol still cannot look Sehun in the eyes.

The boy realizes this. "I'm not mad at you if that's what you're thinking." Chanyeol finally meets his eyes. He is flabbergasted. "But I was a jerk that day. I just left."

Sehun huffs out a laugh of disbelief, "And you think I'd give up searching for you just like that?" Chanyeol automatically laughs once he witnesses Sehun's familiar grumpy face and that grumpy tone.

Gosh, it has been so long. He missed Sehun so much.

"I'm sorry," Chanyeol states right after their food is served, "I'm sorry for leaving without telling you." Sehun picks up the utensils as he answers solemnly, "It's in the past. Besides, it must've felt like hell living with me."

Chanyeol nearly drops his spoon as he exclaims, "Not you, Sehun. I have no problems with you."

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter