013

unspeakable truth.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

trigger warning: brief mentions of traumatic events

 

Mr Kim lays the unconscious Junmyeon on the bed gingerly, his visage soft with a mix of concern. Yoona spreads out the duvet, covering up Junmyeon to his neck.

The father sits on the edge next to the pillow, patting Junmyeon's chest while the mother stands on the opposite side, combing her son's hair with her fingers.

"I'm sorry," Chanyeol ducks his head down as he apologizes, feet glued to the doorway of Junmyeon's bedroom.

Madam Im came to fetch them just a minute after Junmyeon fainted. A panicked Chanyeol explained everything that happened. She instantly called her husband on the phone and he carried him here to their son's unoccupied bedroom.

Chanyeol cannot even dare to look at Junmyeon's parents in the eye right now. He does not care if he got scolded or got screamed at this time. He deserves it.

The pair share a look, pretending not to hear Chanyeol's apology. "Are you hurt anywhere?" Madam Im checks Chanyeol's hands and arms, doing a once-over.

Chanyeol shakes his head, speaking solemnly, "Junmyeon saved me before I could fall. I'm truly sorry, Madam Im." Yoona retrieves her hands, "I see."

A sudden flash from the partly opened window colors the dim-lighted room momentarily before the sound of thunder booms across the sky, the ground vibrating a little from the impact.

Right after the fifth second, it is a total downpour. Madam Im closes the window hurriedly before it gets wet inside. Chanyeol's shoulders jump once a thunderstorm hits the earth.

He definitely cannot go back home tonight.

Junmyeon's father has not spared a glance towards his way so he timidly asks with his head ducked down to Madam Im, "May I... May I stay for the night?"

"You don't even have to ask," Yoona gives a squeeze on Chanyeol's forearms, "I'll get a towel and some clothes for you. You can use the bathroom, it's still functioning well."

Chanyeol is left with Mr Kim who is still by his son's side. "We had Junmyeonie 31 years ago," The father sweeps the bangs away from his son's forehead but it returns back into their place, "Time sure flies."

Chanyeol is curious about their age. He never got the chance to ask Junmyeon since he was too occupied spending time with the man himself. He asks carefully, standing at the foot of the bed, "Don't you mean, 310 years ago?"

Mr Kim lets out a throaty chuckle, "My son is still way more younger compared to my age. He was born from his human mother so he follows human's age."

Chanyeol's mouth slowly becomes round, amazed by the information.

"Junmyeonie is still having trouble accepting who he is since he's half human and half like me."

Chanyeol is unsure what to reply to that because he can see Junmyeon's father is looking quite... sad.

"He can't use his abilities freely as I do. Or else, he'll need twice the blood every time he uses them. Ever since he's been with you, he wants to live like a human. No blood involved even though you've fed him before. Junmyeonie didn't want you to think he was using you as a blood bank."

Chanyeol honestly does not feel that way. He has too much blood and Junmyeon needs blood. Besides, he kind of likes it when Junmyeon drinks his blood... In an odd way.

He recalls the times he simply would stare at Junmyeon drinking his blood.

"I was self-conscious... When I saw you two on the bed together that day."

Chanyeol's ears redden, looking down at the floor as if it is the most interesting thing now.

"The previous human Junmyeonie went out with didn't only try to expose him. That piece of trash tried to molest my son while being taped."

Chanyeol gapes at the elder male with his brows widening, shocked. Now he understands Mr Kim's aggressive reaction from that day.

"Ah, you shouldn't be hearing this from me," Mr Kim gets to his feet, straightening his crumpled pink apron, "Junmyeon will tell you everything one day."

Chanyeol gazes at the unconscious male, mumbling sadly, "I wonder why he never told me about these..."

The elder male heard it loud and clear, "Isn't it obvious? He doesn't want to make you worry. He didn't want his parents to worry about him all the time and you're one of his special people next to his parents."

Chanyeol blinks at the older male. Mr Kim lands a hand on Chanyeol's shoulder, having that smile he has to his son, "You're an addition to the family now." Chanyeol looks at the ground after Mr Kim left.

Did Junmyeon's father just give him his blessing?

Madam Im returns with a towel and Mr Kim's clothes, handing the items to Chanyeol, "I think these will fit you. Wear them as pajamas if you want to." Chanyeol thanks her with a bow of his head.

He holds her hand and apologizes for what happened. Yoona sighs with a smile. "My anger towards you vanished a long time ago," Cupping Chanyeol's jaw to lift his head, her eyes meet his, "I know you're in love with my son."

Chanyeol's cheeks change color. "I'll keep it a secret from Junmyeon. Take all the time you two need. Cherish each other," She leaves a short peck on the frozen Chanyeol's cheek before wishing him goodnight. Chanyeol is unable to move even after she has left.

Did Junmyeon's mother also give her blessings?

///

Thirsty. His throat is dry. Junmyeon opens his eyes. The dark ceiling greets his sight. He is in his room at his parents' house. Sparing a glance at the bedside table, he spots a glass with a lid covering it.

This reminds him of his childhood when his parents consistently store a glass filled with blood for him (since he always has fainting spells). And he detests reminiscing the memories.

Junmyeon gets up with a grunt in his throat, taking the glass before having big gulps. He returns lying on his back after pulling up the duvet and turning to the other side. Chanyeol's sleeping face greets his vision.

Junmyeon freezes for a moment, wondering why he did not hear any heartbeats. He recollects the moments before he fainted. Oh, Junmyeon remembers now.

He went over the limit using his abilities. Junmyeon scoots close, a hand coming up slowly to remove the messy fringe dangling over Chanyeol's eyes. A sleepy smile carves his mouth.

This is not a dream. His human must have been terrified yesterday. Sighing as he remembers Chanyeol's panicked expression from yesterday, he buries his face into the taller's warm neck.

He made Chanyeol worried as well as his parents and he does not like it.

Chanyeol stirs, sensing something brushing against the skin of his neck. It is ticklish so he moves away. But this thing is still there. Chanyeol looks down in his drowsy state only to see Junmyeon cuddled up to his side.

"You're awake?!"

Junmyeon acknowledges that Chanyeol did not mean to be loud but he eventually flinches.

Chanyeol rests himself on an elbow, looking relieved and apologetic at the same time, "Sorry, I- You fainted yesterday and I- Your dad told me of your abilities that you can't use them often-"

"Did you sleep well?"

Junmyeon's question halts Chanyeol from continuing. "Actually... No, I didn't. I stayed up the whole night just in case you woke up but I ended up sleeping... I'm sorry-"

Junmyeon leans over and pecks Chanyeol's mouth before having his head on the pillow again while frowning, "I told you to stop saying sorry."

Chanyeol blinks awake from the short kiss and the angry frown on Junmyeon's forehead, "Right. I forgot. I'm so- I mean, okay."

Junmyeon's mouth stretches into a soft smile and Chanyeol's cheeks turn a little pink. His palm slants against Junmyeon's jaw, worried eyes scanning him all over, "You're doing fine now? Do you need my blo-"

"No need," Junmyeon turns over to the empty glass (Cha

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter