001

unspeakable truth.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

read with caution

 

There have been no victims found in abandoned alleys this week either. It seems like the human-vampire who has attacked civilians the previous months has miraculously disappeared into thin air. We do hope everyone will report to the police if there are any suspicious behaviors within the neighborhood-

 

What the hell, Chanyeol speedily scrolls past the news on his phone while shaking his head, Such nonsense in the early morning. Chanyeol has been staying in this neighborhood for five years and nonsense news like this still happens.

It does not help that he lives alone.

He even has to donate blood sometimes which makes him hyperaware of his surroundings. Upon arriving at the designated destination, Chanyeol and the rest of the patrons get off the bus in order.

Due to the morning news, he witnesses people openly being suspicious of each other, staring a tad too long and doing once-overs. Chanyeol sighs. He just wants to go to work and head home as soon as possible.

"Good morning," Chanyeol wishes in a cheery tone as he pushes the door of the office floor of his workplace. Some answer his greeting, some do not. As he takes his place in his cubicle, he steals a glimpse at his colleague sharing the same desk as him.

Junmyeon is always seen drinking from a pocketable dark reddish packet. Today is no different except that the packet is smaller. It must be blood or otherworldly things, Chanyeol's colleagues will reply (read: joke) when asked.

Out of all bizarre answers, tomato energy drink sounds more assumptive to the tall office worker (or red velvet drink since the color is much darker).

He stops questioning his colleagues about the strange drink because they keep giving Junmyeon looks of disgust as if the man is not a human. Chanyeol does not like the fact that they have tons of names for Junmyeon related to a weirdo.

He thinks he is at fault for that and Chanyeol becomes guilty. He wants to apologize to Junmyeon but Junmyeon rarely talks. The elder male will only nod or shake his head if he was asked about work.

He does not even attend team dinners to drink. Chanyeol does not either after joining a few times. All the elders talk rubbish about their families so why would he even go? He has no time to listen to such nonsense so he stops attending the late-night gatherings.

It is only in the ninth month that Chanyeol realizes that the odd Junmyeon is always there by the bus stop where he always waits. Chanyeol has tried conversing once and twice. The male will always nod or shake his head as an answer as if they are at work.

Chanyeol eventually gives up. Even his colleagues reprimanded him for trying to befriend the elder male. Maybe Junmyeon has issues, or maybe Junmyeon does not like him (and everyone else).

Chanyeol can seem to understand that though. Who would want to befriend toxic colleagues anyway? He has to admit that Junmyeon is quite good-looking. Whenever the elder male passes by a crowd, a couple of heads from both genders will turn to check him out.

One might think Junmyeon was born with side-parted black hair. The man has never changed his hairstyle. Not even once.

Those thick brows, vacant yet gentle eyes, button nose, round cheeks and thin lips which seem to be always tinged in a soft pink will definitely make people sacrifice a few seconds to stare at a face like that once again in their bustling life.

Chanyeol has been one o

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter