Animal Detective Appearance

Life after IZ*ONE
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Minju's POV:

It was a busy day for me today, I was shooting Animal Detective with Yena Unnie her fellow 99z Member. I also had to take note to cheer for Hyewon because she was going to star in her very first drama called Best Mistake 3, she was filming it currently. It was September and we are fully packed with our schedules. I also brought her lunch for the whole filming crew, I cooked by the bulk last night before finally resting, right after I had Music Core, I came home and prepared Beef Stew that was soft, you can outright swallow it. I also made some Banchan as well as Rice. I neatly arranged it in a Bento Box for Hyewon along with her snacks of cut up seasonal fruits and a pack of Chocolate Covered Pretzels. Hyem was easy to feed thank god for that, she's not at all picky when it came to food. She just doesn't like Fermented Bean Paste and Raw Seafood save for Squid Sashimi. Anything else she would eat it like Gopchang, Vegetables and other Meat. She has this rule to try everything once and if you don't like it never go back for seconds. I would bet she can even eat exotic food such as Frogs, Snakes, Alligators and Insects. We plan to go on trips right after borders are lifted but for now, we will remain here in Korea and follow all our schedules. I was supposed to surprise Yena Unnie so I was waiting in a different Van than I used to use from Urbanworks, they loaned me a different Van for today. The staff directed me to go and hide behind the camera men and keep my head down when Yena Unnie enters the Zoo.

I came earlier than her by an hour, I was already styled at a Salon where I even met Yena Unnie who was about to get her hair done. I only went for a light make up and blow dry and styling for my hair. I wore a lightly padded jacket as it was beginning to get cold. I brought my Instant Camera so we can take photos of us and create memories. I slung the camera across my body and entered the Zoo where one of her Producers greeted me. I bowed down at the Producers and Writers and said good morning to them. They then brought me behind a pillar and gathered around me to place a microphone and a transmitter pack through my padded jacket and reversible shearling mustang jacket. I was satisfied with this look and I wore a necklace which Hyem gave me for Christmas of 2020. I always wore jewelries she had given me whenever I go on my own schedules, if I can wear my own jewelry I would for all the fashion shoots I've done. But of course, I had to remove the jewelry once we start with styling and yes, including the WIZ*ONExIZ*ONE Promise ring we've gotten from WIZ*ONEs. I had to because according to the stylists it looks unremarkable and plain. Hyem liked to shop for clothes, bags, shoes and accessories. Often she brings me along because we have the same decisive buying style.

We also had the same tastes in clothes and even back in IZ*ONE, we always borrowed each other's clothes. Often we buy a matching outfit or if we don't match we eventually wear what the other bought like give it a week or so and you can be sure as the sun rising in the east, we will eventually wear the other outfit that's not ours. Even our IZ*ONE members were the same, often borrowing each other's jackets, hoodie, shirts, cardigans, blazers or any fashion item. I've long accepted that as long as I have the members with me, I will have my stuff taken and borrowed by them. Yujin was even shameless as she picks from my closet whenever she comes and visits our house. She returns them every weekend and she'll take clothes again. Wonyoung was the only one who shyly asks to borrow some article of clothing from me and Hyem. Our baby maknae could get anything and never return it and we'll be okay with it. Wonyoung is the baby and darling of every IZ*ONE Member. What Wonyoung wants, Wonyoung gets. She suited every style we each had.

There's Hitomi's Feminine Clothes, Nako's over-sized and garterised clothes, Yena Unnie's Hip-Hop clothes, Chaeyeon's Pants and Blazers, Sakura Unnie's Girly and Pink outfit, Eunbi Unnie's 'Hot People' Clothes, Hyewon's Over-sized shirts and Blazers, Chaewon's Rocker Chic, Yuri's Prim and Proper Clothes, Yujin's Jock Clothes and my Madame CEO Clothes, Wonyoung could take everything and we'd gladly give it to her. Hyewon loved to take care of Wonyoung. She'd often bring the kid along for snacks. Wonyoung is our defacto child in Produce 48, like everyone treats her nice and everyone is soft for Wonyoung. Including Hyem and I. I even made a rice cake that resembles Wonyoung as an infant. She's always nice and thoughtful, very considerate of her Unnies and she loved meat like I do. She and I grills for the team whenever we eat out at a K-Barbecue Place. Yena Unnie is energetic like Hyem. She looks more like a Duck so we refer to her as IZ*ONE's Pet Duck, she has bad eyes like Hyem does, protective and caring albeit rowdy. The 99z are known within IZ*ONE as the Oppas together with Yujin.

Hyem knew about today's filming, so she was just hush about my appearance. She held herself back and pretended to be busy, well it is the truth, she's busy with her ad shoot and acting role shoot. Everything was going fine. Yena Unnie practically begged me to come to her show but I kept denying her for this surprise appearance. She didn't know that I was already in talks with her producers and writers and I specifically cleared out my schedule for her. It was a surprise of some sort for Ducky Oppa. I previously declined her cry for help for the Chuseok Episode, I had to attend a class unfortunately that time and so I couldn't really help her, plus I was too lazy to be helping her make rice cakes for kittens. She was that type of funny to be attempting to make rice cakes for Kittens. She's the crazy Oppa known for her funny antics and totally unserious nature, somehow she will turn any conversation into something funny that every IZ*ONE Member cracks up. She was chosen in IZ*ONE Chu by Nako and Tomi to date if ever Yena Unnie was a man, they would like Yena Unnie to date them because she's cool and funny. I kept my head down under one of the pillars as Yena Unnie made an Entrance to the place where we are supposed to meet. The producers, writers and camera men crowded around me as we moved into the back of the camera crews and lighting crews. The director explained to Yena Unnie what she will be doing today in the Daejeon Zoo. She was supposed to guess which one of the animals is near extinction. Then the crew fixed her microphone and self camera she was supposed to bring, the camera crew shot me moving in and holding up a finger and briefly explaining I was surprising Yena Unnie. Then the sound crew brought me along with them. I touched her hair and trailed my hand to her back. She tried to look back but I was quick to duck out of her view and sit on the bench behind her. I held her by the waist and pretended I was fixing something behind her, but I tickled her from the back.

Yena Unnie quickly got agitated by the 'crew' and turned her body fully around and I sat back taken aback by how she turned her body that I sat myself in the tiny bench. 

"Yah! Yah!" She told me, no coherent sentence came out of her just her unbelieving self. 

I stood straight and told her.

"Unnie." I replied to her with a smile.

"Yah! You fooled me! You said you were busy today!" Yena Unnie replied and captured my neck like choking me to death but not exactly.

She repositioned herself and hugged me in a suffocating hug like she usually does. It was usual for Yena Unnie to

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter