April: Up A Notch

Life after IZ*ONE
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hyewon's POV:

We've been successful with teasing our MongMinators, we've posted a few clues about us. Although 8D Creative Managers doesn't talk to us anymore, there was a lack of communication from them that it feels as if they were just letting us be and not really caring for us. I have long lost patience with 8D Creative and as it was, I stopped talking with Urbanworks as well as it is becoming apparent that 8D Creative doesn't care for me anymore. Minju and I talked about the lack of support from 8D Creative and we've decided to push back our announcement and find a different label altogether so we can be the best versions of ourselves, one where we are truly taken care of by the management and supported through everything. Minju deserved the support she was getting from Urbanworks, she's at least being promoted by Urbanworks unlike me who had to just work, no support whatsoever. It was just Minju, IZ*ONE Members, yes even Nako and Tomi, my fans and my family who are always rooting for me.

I've been having meetings with other labels together with Minju. Just like now, we've just ended a meeting with SM Entertainment. It was Sunday today and so we were free from our schedules. I was beginning to film a webtoon adaptation to live action. 8D Creative hasn't even gone ahead and confirmed my casting. So much for a company that treats me like a 'CEO' of their company. They allowed me to do whatever I wanted back in early 2021, but as time went by, I was left on my own. My YouTube Uploads became inconsistent up until now, the captions on my YouTube Channel weren't there anymore. It was frustrating my fans a little. 8D also hasn't allowed any Hyemdan to send a support truck to my filming. None, Nada, they were frustrating me and my Hyemdans. How could they fail to include English Captions? When I have International Fans who waits for every upload I had.

I had the last straw with them, I decided then that I shouldn't sign a contract with them. After my contract lapses, Minju and I will leap into a new agency. It was anyone's game now. Whoever will be more considerate of our announcement, that label would be our next home. We were out with our secret to every meeting we had. There was no chance I would allow us to be hidden ever again. I got Minju's point and understood what she wanted. I became bolder and more sure of what I wanted in life and it was to be with Minju. We were at Haneul Park, walking and holding hands. Haneul Park was a better place than the Han River Park, because Haneul Park is where we shot our last Album Jacket, IZ*ONE's One Reeler/Act IV where Panorama was the title track the last full album we've released and we shot some scenic photos here. Many fond memories as IZ*ONE was here.

Minju looked beautiful in every shot I took of her. She just got word that she will play a role as Joseon Ban on Marriage star, she will play the Queen Consort who died, causing the King to Ban Marriage. She will appear as a ghost. It was actually funny because she deserved more than all this. Nonetheless, Minju was excited to be playing a role after quite some time of her focusing with IZ*ONE Activities. Her very last role with MBC was 2017. WIZ*ONEs were speculating about her casting due to a writer from MBC following her on Instagram. They even coined Minju as MBC's Daughter. Largely because MBC was the Network that always gave her projects. Music Core, Dramas and a Beauty Show. Minju in turn took it in a stride, she was always graceful and humble when being praised, she's shy of compliments. It was a Spring afternoon and we just finished a meeting with SM Entertainment. I believe we've presented quite clear of who we are to each other. It has become hotter these days and it was only April. We've been invited to a Dior Pop-up Store individually this coming week, Friday and so we will attend the said event.

"Aegiya, are you planning on seeing me on the pop-up store?" She asked me quite hopeful.

"Of course aegiya. I promise I'll come find you in the Pop-up Store. We'll go and give WIZ*ONEs a bit of clues. Something for them to hold them over until July." I replied and smiled.

"Aegiya, we've been giving WIZ*ONEs heart attack ever since last year. I'd rather we just take it easy this coming Friday, just meet and wave hi to each other." She replied.

"It's fun to give WIZ*ONEs a heart attack these days." I giggle softly at her.

"Yah! If they all die because of these teasing episodes, you will be held responsible for everything." She replied giggling at me.

"It's a harmless teasing, no one ever dies because of harmless fun and teasing." I replied to her and subsequently pulled her to a Food Cart stall that sells Hotdogs.

"Two please, half and half of Cheese and Potatoes." I told the vendor and handed him two thousand won.

Minju picked out our drinks, she got two bottles of Pepsi Cola from the Fridge nearby and returned and handed the vendor a thousand won. She handed me one bottle which I opened and handed back to her. Then she passed another one to me and I opened it too and kept it beside me. I definitely had plans for us this Friday, I plan to meet her in the middle of the store. I smiled at her as she drank from her bottle facing me. The man eventually gave me my orders and I bowed to him and thanked him before walking away with Minju.

We ate our hotdogs with Ketchup and Mustard on top. I love how our day always ended in a Park, where we always felt one with Nature and one at heart. Out of everyone I guested on my Hyewon's Court Case Segment on my YouTube channel, there was one who I wanted to guest, it was Minju. The control I've been having was immense. Having had met many pretty girls, one has my heart, the prettiest Princess out of everyone. My Fennec Fox, my Frog, My life Minju. If only we were free to love. I would always make her my regular guest on my YouTube Channel.

"Aegiya, Eunbi Unnie wanted to invite us on a show, but I'm busy." She said pouting at me.

"I know, Nado. I'm also busy this year. You know that Unnie will do whatever it takes to have us IZ*ONE members together. She even guested with me and Yuri on Cheating trip this year. It's okay we can always make up to her. She'd understand us." I replied to her and pulled her close as we sat at a park bench.

Sundays with Minju is a healing time for me, having her beside me and just walking at Haneul or Hangang River Park, watching the River stream through the sea. I had my mind set to propose marriage to her eventually. It was my dream to get to propose to her, probably when the timing is right. We are still both young, not even thirty yet but as the years went by my mind and heart was already configured to love Minju. Through Produce 48 when I wasn't as confident in showing all my charms, talents and every bit of me, she was there, just as confused as I am. Just as scared as I am, but she decided mid-way through Produce that she will not disappoint the voters she had. She practiced choreography with a passion to herself. She's gained confidence in herself that by the end of IZ*ONE Contract, she was a changed woman. She even had a song that was secretly dedicated to me and our budding relationship which was in BLOOM*IZ Album, the song You & I which she wrote the lyrics for was a mellow song she dedicated to me. She had me listen to it while she was writing the lyrics and the song was just in its rawest form, she sang soulfully about her wish of holding my hands as we face the spotlight and at that time, we just gotten out of the hiatus and we've been to the U.S. for promotions at K-Con, we had a great time and I realized I was being painfully shy that she had to do that first move of making me listen to her

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter