Hyewon Day

Life after IZ*ONE
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Minju's POV:

A month ago, there was a sasaeng fan who got into our house. Prompting Hyem and I to install a heavy duty sliding door and cameras around our rooms. It was inconspicuously hidden. Hyem supervised the installation of the camera and we are currently trying to pin the location of the sasaeng who was demanding for a date or he or she will spill that I am in a relationship with another woman. I honestly don't care if he or she spills it. It was probably what Hyem and I needed to come out to our fans and eventually the public. If I had it my way, I would without a doubt come out to the public with our truth. Hell, I am proud to be loved and love Hyem. I have no trouble with that fact but we had to be careful for the good of our own careers, I had to play it by Hyem's book. We've been teasing our fans. The joined fandom of Hyemdans and Mingdans, the MongMinators, it's what I call them. The name was cute, MongMinators, like hybrid of Minions and Gladiators, MongMinators.

I was busy with several shoots for clothing brands, luxury clothing brands and magazines. September, I was scheduled to appear in Yena Unnie's Animal Farm Detective, I don't know and have forgotten the name of the show. I only watched snippets of it, she's having fun being an animal farm detective of some sort. Yuri had appeared on the show right after her solo promotions for Glassy. She had a bop debut song. It was Hyem's birthday today and we will have a quiet celebration today. The rest of our members have posted on their instagram and have already greeted her. I was off today and was preparing dinner and decorating her cake which I baked earlier. She was supposed to be back in a couple of hours, she was visiting her birthday cafés together with her 'Normal' Friends, I say Normal because they were non-celebrities and in college currently. Hyem still kept in contact with them. They knew about Hyem and I, we've met each other and I was introduced by Hyem to her friends, we came out that very first time, because Hyem trusted them, she knew they won't just speak to others about our little secret.

It frustrated me why we can't show off how proud we were to be together. How proud I am of her work, she had an upcoming drama and there's nothing more I wanted but to post her on my instagram and tell the world that this woman, the cold and expressionless Unnie was a great person to me and I am proud of her achievements. Everything she dared herself to do, all came out positive. Most of all, I wanted to post her on her special day and tell her how grateful I am for her and her existence. How the fifth was really our thing, we had the same fifth of the month birthday, only she was two years older than me and she was born in July while I was born February. I was an Aquarius and Aquarians aren't affectionate and showy, we are like our sign, the air that refuses to take form and could be violent when provoked but otherwise gentle and calm. I was often the no brainer out of us two and I would speak up when I find our situation a little out of hand. She was always careful and most often easily gets hurt by even the slightest word from anyone including me.

I demanded that we tell each other those words or things that hurts us both. We choose to discuss matters and never sleep with anger still brewing inside us. I refuse to leave her be and let even the most miniscule things get in the way. It was a hard feat to achieve, we've been at it for ten months now and we've been doing great so far. No day was easy for us both, but we remember how we got here, we always remember to work hard for our relationship and one of the best things that Hyem does is she lets me have my alone time when I need to be left alone. She patiently waits for me to come back to her and most often she would prepare an adventure for us both to take on often we would go out and drive to places like museums, zoo, aquarium and a town over we go to a playground.

Hyewon was an emotional mess, her emotions often gets the best of her. She doesn't have the fight to fight for herself. She most often keeps stuff to herself and doesn't talk about her worries. Even in Produce 48, she was always number one in terms of purity. She often thinks she can't deliver stunning performances, but she does, she does have what it takes to stun people. Her Boombayah Performance was one of those performances where I've seen her cool and confident alter ego Kwangbae Oppa, the alter ego was refreshing and a treat to everyone. She raps in her soft feminine voice. She was often referred to as Kwangbae Hyung by our members. It also helped I guess that I know all her favorite food and I cook those food for her. Like right now, I cooked her favorite grilled meat, gopchang and other assorted barbecued meat. I also made her Miyeok Guk, some braised vegetables and baked a cake for her.

I just had to simmer the Miyeok Guk and finally decorate her cake. It was my first time to bake her favorite Vanilla Cake. I had to ask my Oppa Jong-dae how to make a cake. My Older Brother was a baker. He studies in a Baker's College. He sent me his recipe including the measurements I needed to make a round cake. I recently took interest in baking, picking it up as a hobby with Eunbi Unnie, our Dearest Leader-nim loved to bake stuff, our IZ*Dorm One was always filled with a pleasant smell of food for twelve. The members would eat a lot and almost everyone of us can't cook. I was one of the four people who can cook, but mine always looked like it was a botched meal. Even in IZ*ONE Arcade, the other members have laughed at the Kimchi Fried Rice I prepared. It was good, just don't look at it or admire it, because there's nothing admirable about my dish.

I don't know how to make dishes look aesthetically pleasing. I just cook for my survival and not to Instagram it and show off to our WIZ*ONEs. I only cook for myself and myself alone. Yujin have been teasing me about my food and even once told me I was a domesticated wife to her Kwangbae Hyung, just that I don't know how to cook and make it aesthetic. Korean dishes aren't usually aesthetic, we cook to be able to eat and nourish ourselves and the least thing we are concerned is to make it look aesthetic it was just in recent years did we find aesthetically pleasing dishes, the Instagram-able food stores and cafés started their run in Korea and everyone on Instagram loved it and the Korean Tours are booming, until COVID-19 Happened. Korea was strict to contain the disease and block our borders. Same with Japan, Kkura-san initially had trouble going back together with Nako-chan and Hii-chan, until the disease were contained, did they have the chance to fly back. It was July and Kkura-san was preparing for her Graduation Concert from the 48 Groups. She was beloved by the 48 Group kids, some consider her as their Kkura Okan, which meant Kkura Eomma or Mother in Nihongo. She was typically one not to attend dance lessons and voice lessons while we were a part of IZ*ONE. She doesn't need to, because she's great at singing and her dancing might be sub-par, but she improves each Music Era we have released up until the very last official one D-D-Dance and Panorama. She was born to be an Idol like Wonyoung, she pushes herself to show her improvements as a member of IZ*ONE. Especially because she was the headliner of IZ*ONE, the only reason why we made it big in Japan and all over the world, because she was part of our group, her cutie visuals and her Tsundere like personality was beloved by everyone in our group.

She's an attentive idol to her fans as she exhibited on multiple IZ*ONE fan meets we held. She remembers her fans clearly and even grew with them. She smiles and held each of her fans' hand while they spoke to each other briefly, we each had like ten seconds for these fan meets, but she always held up the line, because she would talk to the fans longer than the allotted time. She would smile at the security people and managers who was screaming at her for taking too long, she smiles reassuringly at her fans and tells them she will see them next time and to wait for her on Fan Mail, she has a lot of things to say to them and I was subscribed to her so I got the same messages she sends her fans. She thanks everyone for coming to see her and makes a promise to remember each other. She was the sweetheart of our WIZ*ONEs that was why when she decided to come back to Korea and join Chaewon Unnie for the Archangel Girls, we were first to know about it in our group chat.

The cake I made turned out well and I took a photo of the cake as I finished icing the cake and writing 'Happy Birthday Hyewon' on the cake. I placed the cake toppers and the candles 2 and 2, she turns 22 this year but her Korean age is 23. It's a confusing concept, basically in the old days, your first year starts once you are born into the world and your second year in existence comes every New Year's Eve. The following January One you turn two, regardless if you are a month old. The newest Presidential Bet Yoon Seok-Youl promised changes and to abolish the 'Korean Age' for Idols like us and adopt the international age. Japanese and Korean ages are same, they too have Japanese Age and International age that we use interchangeably. When introducing ourselves at the First ever Fan Meet, we say our Korean Age. Then moving forward nobody cares what age you say whether international or Korean. I sent the photos to Jongdae Oppa and thanked him for his recipe.

The perks of having an Oppa who bakes and studies baking is this, I can borrow his recipes. In the beginning Jongdae Oppa and I were not at all in good terms, we bickered and fought a lot, normal sibling problems. When I went to his high school graduation, he tried his best to avoid me, since I was taller than him and people mistake me for his girlfriend. Jongdae Oppa was handsome, but I'd seriously rather go crazy than be his girlfriend. I would rather go blind and sick in the head than to be his girlfriend. He's mean to me, probably because I was gifted with long legs and he wasn't. I was taller than Jongdae Oppa, making it look like I was older and it didn't help that I was now a rising artist. We always fought too, often with airsoft guns when we were little, I got scolded often for fighting with my Oppa with violent games like that and Oppa wasn't scolded, I was the one who was always scolded by Eomma. A fan told me that the reason I was scolded was because I should be playing with dolls and not guns.

After quite sometime, I was ready. I also did the decorations together with some of our members. After I was dressed, I sent a photo to my fans and told them to have dinner and recommended some menu of Fried Chicken. I hopped off the Bubble App and went out of our room. Yuri was here together with Yena Unnie and Chaeyeon Unnie. All three helped me with the decorations. They're currently the trio I hanged out with the most. All three are

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter