Receiving an award

Life after IZ*ONE
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Minju's POV:

It was a big day today, I was nominated for an award. I came in a classic black knitted mini dress. That had a cut out in the chest. It was classy and I put my hair in a bun. I wasn't expecting to win, so I came simply because it was a schedule I had, Urbanworks have scheduled for me to appear in and I was merely hurrying through it and getting things over and done with, so I can finally restart my career as an actress. This was the last time, I will appear as Singer and Actress Kim Minju. I will restart with my career and be known as Actress Kim Minju. I was very much worried about what would become of me once I separated myself from Urbanworks, it scares me to think that I will fail as an actress. Then again, even back when I was younger, I knew that there are days when it was really hard to find a job. It was the sole reason why I always work hard to show my results. That is why I am most grateful when staff takes care of me on set. I was preparing myself to give a short but heartfelt acceptance speech should I win the award. I was configuring myself to smile at the thousands of people.

Reminding myself to look at the audience as I give my short acceptance speech if I ever won it. I wish Hyewon was with me, but she was filming her webtoon adaptation show, so I was coming alone today. My members gave me strength and told me to enjoy the night. They were especially helpful with giving me confidence. Everyone of them had been so supportive of me. Everyone cheered and our group chat was alive, it was buzzing, my members could be like a bunch of stage mothers. I typed a message to them telling them to stop bugging me and making my nerves break. Manager-nim went ahead and opened the door of the van for me. I alighted the van and we were soon on our way to the theater where the award show was held.

Manager-nim looked at me and smiled to me as she asked me.

"Nervous?" She asked me.

"Yeah, I am, Manager-nim." I replied to her.

"Yah! Minju! Call me Hyeojin. I told you my name multiple times now." She giggled at me.

"Manager Hyeojin." I replied and smiled at her.

"Oh my god, you're really uptight." Manager Hyeojin replied.

"Fine, Hyeojin." I replied to her.

Hyeojin and I were same age, but since she manages every detail of my life as an Urbanworks Talent, I had a profound respect for her and her dedication. She was my new manager that Urbanworks hired, Soojin Unnie has quit Urbanworks one day and never showed up and I was worried, but then an Urbanworks Director told me that Soojin Unnie was the one who sold my phone number to that Sasaeng Fan. I was livid and angry, how could she?

"I know you're almost at your end of contract with Urbanworks and I wish you a peaceful life at your new agency. I am always rooting for you." She replied to me and gently squeezed my hand.

"Thanks, Hyeojin. I will miss you and everyone I have spent my time with over the last four years." I replied to her.

"I'll come and work for you again someday." She replied.

"Which reminds me, in five years, I will put up my own Entertainment Company and I would like you to come and join us, you will be the first one to join us as a Director or something. I will decide on what to give you as a post. So keep your lines open and always message me." I replied to her.

"I will wait for that time. Gomawo, Minju." She replied to me.

"For now, I plan to focus on my development as a person and individual. I will begin to explore my capabilities and the know hows of my career." I replied to her.

"I will always support you, Minju. I hope for the best for you." She replied.

We kept silent the rest of the time we were on our way to the theater. Upon our arrival the car's door was opened by Chenle and I was ushered out. Hyeojin quickly found her way beside me. The security that both Urbanworks and Hyewon have hired converged around us, forming a bubble around us. Hyeojin and I were seated far apart from each other along with my security detail, Hyeojin was in the general audience seats together with my security and I was seated on a table along with my other co-nominees. They were older and more serious people. I smiled and waved at my Mindans and MongMinators, some of which I saw on a regular basis during my schedule over the years. They were always there to greet me.

I smiled at my Mingdans and MongMinators and waved at them. It was like back when I was actively promoting as IZ*ONE, they were there for me and Hyewon. Master fan sites have become our allies through our entire time as IZ*ONE or Produce 48 Contestants and even now as we began to explore our own paths they are still here with us. I wondered for a bit if I would ever get to tell our MongMinators about us, about our relationship. I would soon find out about their reactions to our announcement. In due time, when we finally decide to come out with our truth, for now, I smiled and waved at everyone. I was shortly ushered inside the theater. I was brought to my table where several unknown people were already sitting. They all smiled and tipped their heads to a bow.

"Hello, everyone. I'm Kim Minju." I greeted them and bowed before sitting down.

"Hi, Minju. Yes, we know who you are. Please, have a seat. The program is about to start. My name is Jung Jieun." The 30ish years old lady smiled and tipped her head down for a bow.

"Hello, Miss Jieun." I replied to her and quickly bowed down before sitting.

"Hello, Minju, I'm a fan of your previous group IZ*ONE. I am biased with you, it's my pleasure to meet you. Jung Ji-Woo of Jung Travel Agency." A younger woman introduced herself to me.

She reminded me of Yena Unnie's vibe, they had similar energies, one that easily drains me and makes me want to hide away to someplace where Yena Unnie can't find me. I smiled gratefully at her and replied.

"Oh, Gomawo, Ji-woo Unnie. Thank you for supporting me and my former group IZ*ONE." I bowed towards her.

"The nomination was truly well deserved, everybody heard you're very kind and mindful of everyone. You guessed it right too, I am your Unnie by a year." Ji-woo Unnie replied to me.

"Isn't she lovely? Jieun?" Ji-woo Unnie told Jieun Unnie.

"Yeah, she is lovely, now calm down, Ji-woo, you might scare her." Jieun Unnie replied to her.

"Hello, Minju. Please forgive this babo. She's got the biggest girl crush on you and another one of your members, Hyewon. So for you to be sitting with us here was actually her highlight moment. Ji-woo and I are twins, I am her unnie." She replied to me.

"Yah! Unnie! Only by five seconds! Your head popped out ahead of me by five seconds!" Ji-Woo retorted to her.

"Yah, Yah. Shut it and listen to the program. Calm yourself down, Ji-woo. Appa will surely scold you if he sees us not paying attention." Jieun chastised her twin sister.

I watched as the both of them bickered, then one of the other lady and a gentleman that must be around the same age as Ji-woo Unnie and Jieun Unnie.

"Hello, Miss Kim. My nam

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter