Hyejoo's Seventh Birthday

Life after IZ*ONE
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Seven years later...

Hyewon's POV:

"Momma, Momma! Hurry!" My daughter was incessantly knocking at my door for the last fifteen minutes. Hyejoo was now seven and it was her birthday

May 5th, was the day I gave birth to her. I emerged from the door, a permanent smile plastered on my face.

"Yes, Miss Kang Hyejoo? What do you need?" I asked her and scooted down to her level.

"My Birthday Party is about to start! What's taking you so long, Momma?!" She asked me.

"Has Momma ever been late? I'm not right?" I asked her smiling.

"No, you weren't late even just for once, Momma." She replied.

"Are you anxious?" I asked her.

"Sorta." She said and fidgeted with her clasped hands.

It was hers and Minju's trademark to do this cute fidgeting whenever they are anxious about something. She's a mixture of Minju and Kriesha. She had an infectious smile and laughter like her Aunt Kriesha and the lack of self-confidence from Minju, she was a loved and adored kid, truly nice to everyone, she helps out in classes and has a high aptitude in Math. She got that from me, I am a Math Whiz. She got her helpfulness from Minju.

"Why is that Princess?" I asked her and lifted her into my arms and sat us on the couch.

"Momma, what if I like a classmate." She asked me unsure.

"It's okay to like someone, Mommy and Momma were the same, we liked each other and were shy about it too. Tell me who is this classmate so I can give him or her something special just the two of you." I replied to her.

"She's a girl like me Momma. Here she is." She replied to me and flashed her phone towards me.

Her chubbiest cheek classmate, the darling of her section, I knew who this kid was, she's Heejin and Chuu's adoptive daughter. Heejin and Chuu of LOONA eventually were the first couple to ever come forward with their relationship. Making Heejin the second to leave Blockberry, following Chuu's leave for her own Entertainment Company called LOØNEY TUNE Entertainment, Heejin leaving Blockberry meant LOONA will ultimately disband and a few weeks later Blockberry Announced LOONA's Disbandment. Each LOONA Member eventually joined Chuu's Company. They have since re-debuted as LOONA-R which means LOONA dash R, R stands for Reinvented. LOONA - Reinvented, Heejin was still creator of the LOONAR Verse, stemming from their original concept. Heejin was the goddess who created the LOONAVERSE.

Jeon-Kim Woohee was the chubby cheek cutie that every parent found adorable. Heejin, Chuu, Minju and I became friends through Yena, the two of them, Hyejoo and Woohee often had playdates while all four of us had recording sessions, Chuu was very nice to offer directorial services for EVER4FTER, she directs them in vocals and offered to use her studio for recording. I automatically had an idea for Hyejoo, Woohee liked Mangoes just like Hyejoo loves Mangoes and Tochiotome Strawberries. We never ran out of those two fruits because her Aunt Kriesha and Aunt Hitomi, Aunt Nako and Aunt Sakura always bought her Tochiotome Strawberries, Aunt Kriesha always sent her crates of Mangoes. She also got dried mangoes from her Aunt Kriesha, it was a staple snack around the house and Kriesha sent her a Mango Bravo Cake from Conti's a Philippine Restaurant and Bakeshop. We often travelled for spring break to the Philippines and visited Kriesha's hometown. Hyejoo absolutely loved Kriesha and the Mango treats she got from her.

"I know what to do, Hyejoo." I replied to her and smiled.

We always allowed Hyejoo to choose what ever she wants. Grateful that she never exceeded some choices she made, she was our sweet and thoughtful daughter. She always ate whatever food was on the table, she even liked sashimi, which Kku Unnie introduced to her. She eats everything, including the things I hated, Minju taught her to try it at least once and if she doesn't like it, we'll never again have it again, including those Filipino Food she had at her Aunt Kriesha's House, Kriesha was better these days, she was doing well and has not pursued an Idol Life. She was doing well without her idol life. She has recovered from her sickness and was now running an artist management company in the Philippines.

"Momma, is it okay if I treat Woohee special?" She asked me worriedly.

"It's okay, but be careful alright? You might make her aloof, that's the least you want to make her feel. You're still in First Grade, you don't need to rush. Momma and Mommy will always be there for you, should you need back up. You're just being yourself, you like her and being around her, so it's okay to treat her a little more special than your other friends. But since you are young, you have all the time in the world to get to know and like her even more." I replied to her and placed a kiss on top of her head.

"Really Momma? I can like her even more? But how?" She asked me.

"Over time, you will find more reasons to love her. Be it the way she brings herself, the way she speaks, the way she is. Remember, Hyejoo. You have the biggest heart, you are worthy of being loved by your friends and some one with a big heart like you will love even more than Momma and Mommy loves you." I replied to her and smiled.

Minju then entered the living room.

"More reasons to love who, aegiya?" She asked me.

"Well someone has a big fat crush on Woohee." I replied smiling.

"Hmmm Woohee? Who has a crush on Woohee?" Minju asked knowingly.

"Is it this little kiddo?" She follows up as she sits beside Hyejoo sandwiching her in between us.

"Mommy, don't tell Woohee." Hyejoo begged.

Minju just smiled at her and placed a kiss on her cheek.

"I promise I won't say a word. Momma and Mommy can't promise we won't help our only daughter though."

"Yeah, we can totally prepare a special dinner. Mommy Ming can take care of that. I can take care of movies or music." I replied.

"Music? Hyemu! That'll scare Woohee! Don't do that! Pop in a kid friendly animated film. None of your Japanese Animé, unless it's for Gradeschoolers." She admonishes me.

"Hey, they can dance, a dance party sounds nice. Right, Hyejoo?" I checked in with my Daughter.

"Yes, but isn't it in the evening? We need to be calm for bed." Hyejoo pointed out.

"Right, very well then, Animated Disney Movie for Princess Hyejoo and Woohee. Served with Dinner." I replied in defeat.

"Thanks, Momma." Hyejoo said and hugged me.

It was times like these that my ego was boosted, because a seven year old thought that I was the best Parent there ever was, that my support for her was truly appreciated.

"Yah! Not fair! I will be the one to prepare dinner and yet you're only hugging Momma Hyemu, what about Mommy Minju?" Minju protested.

Hyejoo lets

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter