Online Concert

Life after IZ*ONE
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Minju's POV:

It was time for the ending moment of our final concert. It was a bummer because our WIZ*ONEs can not be here. The pandemic had taken over the entire world. Everyone is on lockdown. Every border is locked down. No one can go out and everyone tuned into this concert via a streaming platform. I lived the past two and a half years hearing the wonderful noise coming from our WIZ*ONEs that I've grown to love. This is it, our final ending ment. Hyewon squeezed my hand tightly before we went back on stage for the online concert. Dressed in our IZ*ONE Sweaters.

"I'll never leave you alone aegiya." She whispered to me.

"I know, aegiya. Nado." I whispered quietly at her.

"Yah! Everyone, let's get out there and conclude this online concert!" Eunbi Unnie exclaimed.

This Unnie was energetic and seemingly a happy-go-lucky Unnie. She was the weird and unfunny Unnie to everyone but I laugh so hard at her antics. She loves to make me laugh and I can totally see her in my life, long after Hyewon and I marry each other and have our own family. Unnie was like a Mother to our dorm mates and the whole team. She was the best pick to be our leader and since Unnie was busy over the past year with her upcoming Solo right after IZ*ONE Disbands, Chaen and Kku-chan were like the Mother and Father of our team. Both had ensured we were taken care of from Dorm 1 and both loves to cook delicious food even more delicious than Eunbi Unnie's meals she makes for us. Chaen especially would make elaborate meals for us, by elaborate I mean a well balanced meal that had Fish, Meat, Grains, Green Leafy Vegetables, Sprouts and Fruits, all measured in quantities and arranged on each of the members' plate. We gathered around Eunbi Unnie and put our hands over hers and chanted.

Eyes, Eyes, Eyes on me, Aja! Aja! Aja! Let's do great IZ*ONE!

We fell in line and Hyewon was first in line, Chaeyeon was in between us. I watched as Hyewon took a step into the door leading to the stage. She was really beautiful if she smiled more, but most times, she's caught with a blank expression on her face. I knew exactly what goes on in her mind, during produce, she doesn't see the cameras because she had negative ten bad eyesight. She would often squint her eyes so she can look at a distance even then she still couldn't see a thing, so her blank expression is there, it has always been her signature cold emotionless face. But Hyewon was an attentive and overly romantic girl much to the surprise of our WIZ*ONEs who have seen us personally. We've been seatmates in Produce 48 and that's where we started off two years ago.

She is now IZ*ONE's main rapper, together with Yena Unnie and Chaeyeon Unnie as the lead rappers of IZ*ONE, the trio had created some good music over the last two years, Hyewon had a sultry and steady voice when you give her the chance to sing. She was exceptionally great at singing and her dancing in sync with main dancer Chaeyeon was always a treat to our WIZ*ONEs and now that we are ending our contracts with no chance of renewals because some of us decided to go solo or some in another new group like Chaewon and Sakura, Yujin and Wonyoung would go back to their respective agencies and debut again, Chaewon and Sakura have talks with another company label to re-debut as part of a group. Yena Unnie, Yuri and Eunbi Unnie were set to debut as soloist and as for Hyewon and I we both go back to our labels and re-debut as actresses and live together in one house.

We already ironed it out, Chaeyeon wanted to focus on her dancing and be part of a dance group instead of re-debuting as a K-Pop Idol but mostly she just wanted to support her love Sakura and wait until everyone has debuted. Hii-chan, Nako-chan and Kkura-chan were supposed to come back to Japan after our promotions have concluded. Kkura-chan still had five months of deciding whether she would re-debut as a K-Idol or continue her career as a J-Idol. Now in this moment, we are about to cease becoming as IZ*ONE and I would forever remember all eleven other members, it was fun spending the last two years with them and I've gotten along well with them, including this cold beauty that has now become my girlfriend. Two years was a lot to take in, both of us has faired on well and fought hard for our place in the group.

I thought it would be easy to part ways, especially because in the beginning, each of us joined Produce 48 with our own dreams and wants to accomplish during the show. I came on Produce 48 to determine whether I have what it takes to become an Idol Star and to measure where I was in terms of singing and dancing and if I would continue challenging my chances as a K-Idol or revert back to being an actress and now, I've decided to revert back to being an actress, so did Hyewon. It was last year when Hyewon and I had gotten more closer than we have started out. We admitted our brewing feelings for each other and the feelings were mutual and we've been since inseparable.

We moved into our own house last Month during my Birth Month and we've since gotten into a comfortable cycle. We are both unpopular IZ*ONE Members and nobody paid attention to us except foreign fans. Kku-chan and Chaeyeon were the most popular ship and the most popular members and next to them were Yuri and Yena Unnie. The two ships were full of tension both romantically, ually and just awkward tension. I was paired off with a different member, which was Yujin who loves Wonyoung and Hyewon was paired with Eunbi Unnie who loves Nako and it's for Fan Service stints. It came with the job, to have an assigned persona and partner or group of 'friends' in the team, we'll often be seen hanging out with that particular 'friend' group or 'partner' whenever we would turn on lives.

I was leader defacto of the Maknae Line of IZ*ONE, largely thanks to my birthday which was February Five and because I always had leadership strengths in me. I was voted by the unnies and the maknaes to become leader of our Maknae Line. Hyewon was leader of '99z together with honorary member Yujin. The trio would often hang out and turn on lives. I got back into the stage and looked at the cameras. The empty hall we were performing at today felt eerie and scary. It was like no one came to our concert when in reality they are tuned in to their devices and was probably crying with us. The last performance was a song I'd written while thinking of Hyewon. You and I was my promise to hold her shaky hand whenever she was feeling alone and scared of the spotlight seeking her out. This was when we still haven't acted on the brewing feelings we each had, I was wanting for her to hear my heart and how it always raced whenever we would spend time together inside our dorm.

On an interview about the song, I attributed it to WIZ*ONEs and my team members albeit I've given myself away to Yuri who looked with a knowing eye at me while I was doing the interview. She giggled uncontrollably while I was telling the interviewer that I wrote it for my members and WIZ*ONEs. When the interviewer asked her what was she giggling about, she said she's just proud of me for composing, writing and producing that song and how I was good with playing the guitar, she even told the interviewer that my voice fitted perfectly in that song but I shared it with my members and broken up the lines among each members. Albeit some had short lines, because there was twelve of us singing. I would never have it any other way, if I am being honest. They all had good and comforting voices that I wanted them to sing with me.

We waited for the VTR to finish playing. We hear ourselves speaking through the VTR. The final one we shot this a few months back when we determined that there was no contract renewal that will happen. Nothing was permanent anyway, we knew it. We talked about it and came to terms with our disbandment. I've given my absolute best with IZ*ONE. It was fun, tiring and have catapulted me in to greater heights of fame. I was fortunate enough to be coming out of this with another person to share my life and my memories with the others. The last few albums we released were IZ*ONE's greatest works, each one of us had the chance to compose, write, produce, shoot and choreograph each one's movements. We all have given our absolute best in this team and we are proud to be finishing this whole ordeal unscathed and well.

After the VTR finished playing, the lights were to show that we are sitting in a straight line. Our faces are somber and calm. We have to sing the last song still. You and I and say our final goodbye to the viewers. Hyewon and I started to strum our guitars. Yuri sang her lines to the song. Then Yujin, Chaeyeon and Yena Unnie. The harmonies was bringing tears into my eyes. I choked them back because it won't take long and it would be my turn to sing a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter