Five Years Later

Life after IZ*ONE
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Five years later...

Minju's POV:

It was five years since we last planned to come out, now our timing is here, it was the year 2026, August 8. Today was our seventh anniversary and we were now gearing up for our press conference that we long wanted to do as a couple. The day we will finally let everyone in on our secret, to which the sasaeng fan Kyujin was still fighting us in court for and was threatening us constantly. The last few times were just scares, but now it has gone on to the point that we had nothing to lose, we had established careers and are credible to the public and press. We have learned a lot from our time as individual artists and we are gearing up to launch our own company sometime next year. For now, we have to do this press conference first. We are now at Hotel Gracery Seoul. We were on our way to the room we reserved for press people and our MongMinators. Our security and everyone including our managers were with us, Hyewon had since went on a hiatus for a year until next year when her contract expired with Soop Management. She eventually ended up in the same agency as me, because 8D Creative had since closed down, even before Hyewon's contract ended with them. That was four years ago and we are now on our seventh year as girlfriends. A lot has happened between us, between everyone of IZ*ONE Members, they have since relocated near our house, everyone of them including the Japanese Members, Nako and Hitomi, both has left the 48 Groups, a year ago and has been working as a Duo in Korea. WIZ*ONE has waited for them both to come back and be with their members. Next next year, two of our other members, Chaewon and Sakura Unnie will be ending their contracts as LE SSERAFIM, together with their members, will switch to our company and sign with us. Eunchae, Hyunjin, Kazuha, Chaewon and Sakura Unnie will be signing with us at K²MH Entertainment or our initials. IVE was also disbanding this upcoming year, they will then sign with us as our first ever artists. We got everyone covered as well as a few other recruits such as Jeon Minju, the other three of ITZY and other artists who weren't satisfied with their companies.

We were ushered inside the room, thousands of press people took photos of us as we were ushered in, Chanyeol Sunbaenim was here to moderate the press conference. He flashed a smile towards Hyewon and I once we walked in and took our seats. The press people were curious about our announcement. It was also our joint press launch for an LGBT Jewelry Brand, the company's marketing was here as well as the other higher ranking officials of the company. The place was decorated with our silhouette shots from the ad. Everything was under a veil of cloth and it showed our silhouette to the public, even now as we were ushered into the venue. The darkness filled us, we sat dead center under the curtains. We looked into each other's eyes and smiled at each other softly. I can never truly get enough of Hyewon and her beauty, she looks even more dashing seemingly today. She was dressed in her coral beige power suit and pants, tailor fitted to flaunt every beautiful curve, nook and cranny of her. I similarly wore a white power suit, tailor fitted for me, it highlighted my soft features and hugged my body perfectly.

There were veils around us, the theme of the event was Mystery and Allure but because it was our first official announcement as a couple, there was a mystery to it. So Hee was an LGBT Brand both Hyewon and I initially loved, it was our first ring we bought back in 2022, owned by Bae Sullyoon and Bae Jinsol, after both of their mother's initials, Soji and Heejin, So Hee was something both of them wanted to name their child. They did name their first store So Hee, which they considered as their first child. They offer rings, bracelets and necklaces. Each was designed full of love and adoration for each piece they produce. Sullyoon was the designer and Jinsol was the craftsman of the jewelry. She makes each piece by hand, save for the rings where she had helpers help her. There were only two pairs of the same jewelry as I found out eventually. One in male sizes and the other the standard female size seven. It was perfect for Hyewon and I since both of us were size seven. You can however have a custom ring from them from their catalogue of rings or have one really custom designed from Sullyoon herself and crafted by Jinsol herself.

Their business was gaining popularity with Koreans, because they are catering to a number of marginalized Koreans. They built their business according to their truth. Both were married and had long been accepted by their parents. Both their parents were from the LGBT Community. Both had been taught to accept and to love everyone. It just so happened that at that time, Hyewon also found their store at Gangnam and waltzed in before I did. That was the last ring that I bought for her. We also made our own rings at Ring University come December 25th of 2022, since during that time, people were too busy to even pay attention to us. We had fun during that time, making a matching ring was an intricate and intensive process that we had to nail down in a day. I had a fun time with Hyewon, we talked and planned our coming out press conference which took us six years to finally do. I invited my favorite male singer, Chanyeol Sunbaenim from EXO and asked him to help us and he was gracious enough to agree with this, because Chanyeol Sunbaenim became our friend, because he asked me to appear on his video as an actress.

Chanyeol Sunbaenim wore a mask like Zorro's, the theme of the press launch was Mystery and Allure. That was why we also wore similar masks, we invited everyone, but the invites didn't say what it was for, it bared the So Hee Logo, nothing else, the shots were silhouettes of us. The reveal will happen at around six in the evening, when the ads will air for the first time. I was jittery and nervous as I sat and waited with Hyewon to reveal ourselves. The teaser ad has started to play halfway as a welcome to our guests. It was the silhouette ad we shot prior to the entire ad itself. Then the curtains will unfold shortly after Chanyeol Sunbaenim speaks to the audience. Soon the whole press conference started and Chanyeol Sunbaenim spoke to the audience.

Now, let us all welcome your Muses for So Hee Fine Jewelry!

The curtains were shortly pulled back and we were unveiled with our masks on, Hyewon who was sitting beside me and the cue was given by the director who was sitting at the back of the audience seats. In Three, Two, One. We unmasked ourselves and flashes from their cameras went crazy. An audible gasp was heard from the audience after unveiling and revealing ourselves. We both smiled at our audience, the MongMinators whom I invited were not surprised at all, they were all smiles at us and the Mingdans and Hyemdans were looking kind of surprised but in a good way. Eventually smiles were directed towards us with some of our fans teary eyed. Clapping erupted through the crowd, mostly MongMinators were the ones clapping.

"Hello everyone, my name is Kang Hyewon and I am one of your new So Hee Fine Jewelry Muse."

"Deh, Hello everyone, my name is Kim Minju and I am one of your new So Hee Fine Jewelry muse."

I'm sure it was a surprise to you guys wasn't it? Hello, my name is Chanyeol of EXO and I will be your moderator and host for this Press Conference. Let's start off with the first question from the MongMindan Korea Bar Representative.

Deh, Hello, Minju and Hyewon. First off, congratulations on your joint project. We missed Hyewon and Minju so much. My Question is for Hyewon what is next for you both? Can we expect a K-Drama or a Movie from any one of you? Thank you.

"Hello, Sohye, so nice of you to come, I'm happy that I got to see you after a year of me being on hiatus. About your question, please expect a lot of BIG things to happen next year, it might not be something you expect from us, but I swear, next yea

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter