| Catorce [K]

Yellow Hues
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter



 

Karina’s pov. 


 

It's never easy to say goodbye to Winter, especially now that I've gotten a taste of what it's like to live with her, even if only for a short time.

 

“Bye, Karina!” Before I could fully enter the company car, I returned my gaze to the person in her ccba uniform standing in front of our building. She's smiling, yet her expression is filled with sorrow and longing.

 

I gave her a kind grin. "Bye, baby. Please always check your phone. " I didn't approach her this time because I'm scared I won't be able to let go of her. I’d also willingly abandon my planned trip to Bohol if she told me to. We had already exchanged hugs inside her unit, and it was tough to let go of her warmth. I’ll definitely miss my baby.

 

Some might say I'm overreacting, however what can I do? I stayed with her for quite some time, and we did things that I will undoubtedly remember fondly.

 

She gave a nod. "Go ahead, babe. Manager Joy is waiting." With that, I gave her one more glance.

 

My baby is so adorable.

 

Manager Joy greeted me as soon as I got into the car. “So.. you're dating the daughter of Mr. Kim?”

 

Her abrupt question made me flush. I timidly answered, "A-Ah, yes po."

 

She grinned widely. “She's a good kid, according to my coworkers. You got an excellent one.“ she said, pausing. “We should head to the airport. Haerin will go there with Ms. Taeyeon.”

 

-

 

I've already taken my seat on the plane, next to the window, and am only waiting for Haerin to take the seat next to me. Haerin slouched on the seat next to me after a short while. “Ate Karina!”  She made a frantic call.

 

I answered and took off my AirPods. “Yes? Why? What happened?”

 

"Ate Winter hasn't stopped texting me! Please check your phone, ate. God, she's so clingy," she said in response. She seemed so agitated out from her ate’s clinginess that I giggled.

 

“I’ll check na. Ako na bahala, rest ka na dyan.”

 

She gave a little nod before continuing. "Ate, you look very beautiful. Paano ka ba napull ni ate?” She was making fun of Winter, so I chuckled once again. "Haerin, you're also very beautiful. The same goes with your ate.”

 

Haerin then grinned. “Go on, ate Karina. Baka bumubuga na ng apoy si ate Winter.” I quickly took my phone from my pocket and checked my baby's texts.


 

Winter: I miss you already.

Winter: Message me asap.

Winter: Sa airport na kayo, babe?

Winter: BABEEEEEE

Winter: You told me to always check my phone pero hindi mo naman inaapply sa sarili mo.

Winter: Grrrr

Winter: Baby :<

Winter: Lalalalalala

Winter: Are you safe?

Winter: Tao po.

Winter: Karina.


 

I should feel bad, but I can't stop laughing because of my baby's unexpected outburst. I responded right away. 

 

Karina: Sorry for taking so long in answering, babe. I'm okay and nandito na kami sa plane.. I'll contact you once we are in Bohol. I miss you!

 

 

We're now in the lobby of a hotel on the island of Bohol where we'll be staying for seven days. I also sent a message to Winter as soon as we landed at the airport. Hindi pa siya nagrereply so baka may class pa. 

 

Suddenly, Jaehyun approached me. "Karina, I'll assist you with your suitcases." He said with a smile. 

 

“I can manage. The staff will help me naman.” I politely responded. 

 

Jaehyun then lifted two of my suitcases, “I’ll help you na nga.” 

 

As someone who seldom displays my feelings, I'm not sure how I'll turn down Jaehyun's offer now that he's been so insistent. Hindi ko lang din maintindihan kung bakit hindi niya naisip na baka hindi ko gustong tulungan niya ako. 

 

Even though it goes against my own will, I was going to just let him be since I don’t have the energy to argue. But, I'm really glad Haerin came up to us and helped me with the situation. She must’ve noticed how uncomfortable I am.  “Ate Karina! The staff will bring our suitcases na lang daw. Let’s go na to our rooms? I have something to ask you.”

 

When the staff saw us, they handled my suitcase, which Jaehyun was carrying, right off the bat. “A-Ah, sige. I’ll go outside na lang muna.” Sagot ni Jaehyun sa amin ni Haerin nang mapansin na nagmamadali ang kapatid ni Winter. 

 

Haerin then pulled me away papunta sa elevator before whispering, “I gotchu, ate.” I giggled dahil sa kakulitan ng bata na ‘to. I think kakulitan runs through their blood talaga.

 

I walked into my room and jumped in the shower before slumping on my bed. It’s two in the afternoon na rin, for sure ay uwian na ni Winter. I checked my phone for any new messages from her.


 

Winter: Babyyy! Mag-isa ako dito sa unit. Look oh, I’m sad na.

Winter: I bought shawarma ‘cause it reminded me of you. 

Winter: *Sends a picture*

Winter: Take care dyan, babe! 

 

Pati ba naman sa shawarma? I giggled dahil sa mga pinag-iisip ni Winter. My baby is adorable talaga. She's wearing a Lakers sweatshirt while displaying the shawarma she's eating. I responded right away.

 

Karina: Babe, I’m here na sa room. Shoot starts tomorrow.

 

Not even a minute passed ay may reply na agad si Winter. 

 

Winter: Call? I have chika!! XD

 

Chika? Really? I chuckled before calling my baby.

 

*Calling Winter*

 

(Winter - Italicized)


 

“Rinaaaaaa!” I giggled dahil sa ka-hyperan ni Winter. 

 

“Winteeeer.” was my attempt to return the energy.

 

“I have chika hehe.” 

 

“Mhm. So, what is it?”

 

“Remember last week when Yeji talked to Ning and tita?”

 

“Yes, nakwento mo nga last week.”

 

“Good news! Alam na nila kung saan nagtatago si Felix. All thanks to Hyunjin, Yeji’s twin.”

 

“Really?!” Agad akong sumandal sa headboard ng bed. “Win, that’s great news.”

 

“I know right, babe! Finally, finally, finally.” Hay, super hyper talaga.

 

“So, any deets?”

 

“Uhm, Felix is staying pala sa rest house nila sa Spain. They used his Dad’s private plane kaya siguro hindi natrack kaagad. Tita and tito are contacting the embassy para may immediate action na. Dad offered the company’s private plane rin just in case.” 

 

“You talked to Ning na ba?”

 

“Yep! She’s happy but I can tell na hindi madali sa kanya kapag nabibring up ang nangyari.” Winter sighed. I can tell that she’s very worried about Ning. 

 

“We can’t blame her, babe. Feeling those emotions is normal naman. Let’s just be there for Ning na lang, always.” 

 

“I know. I miss her lang, baby. I know na she’s trying to look unbothered pero bilang bff niya simula bata kami, I can sense na she’s devastated on the inside talaga.” 

 

“Mhm. I worry for her too.”

 

Winter let out a long breath before talking again. “Kamusta ang room mo dyan babe? Lumalapit ba sayo si Jaehyun? Grabe pa naman makatingin sayo yon! Dudukutin ko mata niya eh.” 

 

Hindi ko na napigilang matawa dahil sa sunod-sunod na tanong ni Winter. 

 

“Are you jealous?” I teased.

 

“Hindi ‘no!” She heavily denied.

 

“Of course baby lalapit siya sakin sometimes because we’re co-actors.”

 

“Hmf. Edi wow.” She murmured.

 

“Don’t worry, sayo lang ako kakalampag.” Bawi ko  sa kanya. Saglit na nanahimik ang baby ko bago muling nagsalita.

 

“Babe, nahahawaan ka na nila Yuna at Ryu.” 

 

“Silly.” I giggled. “Kinikilig ka lang eh.”

 

She scoffed. “What about it?” 

 

I was about to talk again when a notification popped. It’s from ate Irene, asking me to call her ASAP. Dahil nga sa issue last night, I feel like this is something urgent.

 

“Babe, I need to call ate Irene pala. Rest ka muna dyan, ha? I’ll message you after we talk.” Nanghihinayang na paal

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter