Better, right?

One plus One, Two plus Two

Jisu got home after her talk with Chaewon, and her mind was all Ryujin. When she asked for help with her project, she really just needed help. Not a fat crush on someone.

She dropped to her bed with a loud sigh. She could at least try and ignore it, or pretend the crush wasn't there, maybe if only Ryujin didn't seem to be the same. But then again, maybe Jisu was seeing things and hoping it was mutual, picking on every little thing to prove her correct. While Chaewon was the exact opposite and probably had way more chances. Oh, how ironic.

Dropping to the floor in front of the low table, she opened her sketchbook and went back to her outfit. No matter how many more she tried to come up with, she was still fixed on the cropped plaid button-up shirt. She could imagine Ryujin with it so perfectly, but she wasn't still sure about what to do with the bottom part. Tight, leather pants? A pencil skirt? Ryujin's opinion would definitely help.

She fetched for her phone while leaning back against her bed and typed a message.

[Jisu]
hey, wanna meet tomorrow again? I'm almost done finally deciding on the outfit, but an opinion would help me a lot

[Ryujin]
sure. meet me in the editing rooms after class?

Jisu wrote yes first, but stopped herself. What if she wasn't seeing things? What if her crush wasn't really one sided? Maybe she should take the risk.

[Jisu]
wanna come to my dorm instead? it isn't the biggest, but it still is more spacious than the editing room. and has way more natural light ahaha

Ryujin's answer was taking longer to arrive, and it was making Jisu's heart beat stronger as she checked her phone every ten seconds.

Finally, the screen lit up.

[Ryujin]
sounds good. let's meet at the campus entrance after classes, then?

She accepted.

[Jisu]
cool! yeah, I'll see you there!

The last message didn't show not even ten percent of how excited Jisu truly was. Maybe she shouldn't be so happy. They would meet to work, as they have been doing so far.

But she couldn't help it. Just the fact that she was going to be with Ryujin again was enough to set loose all the butterflies in her stomach. And in her tiny apartment? Perfect.

Jisu rushed to the campus entrance, not wanting to make Ryujin wait. Students left campus alone, in pairs, or in big groups, but even among all the people, Jisu could find Ryujin as if she was the only one there. Ryujin leaned against the wall, a hand stuffed inside her brown leather jacket, the other holding her phone, and music played on her ears for sure, even though her black beanie covered them. Even doing literally nothing Ryujin was the epitome of cool.

She approached, waving in front of her so as not to startle her, and Ryujin raised her head. She took out her airpods, as Jisu suspected.

"Hey, sorry to keep you waiting," Jisu said.

"I just got here as well."

"Let's go, then?"

"Lead the way."

For a couple of minutes, they walked in silence, but Jisu didn't like the awkward atmosphere it was arising.

"What were you listening to?" Jisu asked. "I always wonder what kind of music you listen to."

"Try and guess."

"I can see you listening to rock or more alternative bands. But at the same time maybe something super chill, or even rap and hip hop."

Ryujin's eyebrows raised on her forehead as she chuckled. "You're not wrong, in a way. I listen to a lot of so everything you said applies."

"Exactly the vibe you give. So, what were you listening to when I arrived?"

When Jisu expected Ryujin to tell her the name of the song and the artist, Ryujin handed her the right airpod instead, as she put the left one. Jisu accepted it with a smile and put it on, curious to know what Ryujin was listening to just now. The song started with a deep voice, significantly lower than the piano instrumental. It picked up the rhythm, and the singer sang.

That's why I love the moon
Every night it's there for you

None shared a word until they arrived at Jisu's apartment, right at the end of the song.

"It's here." Jisu gave the airpod back and fetched the key from her bag, opening the building door.

"Did you like the song?"

"A lot." Jisu led the way upstairs, to the second floor. "Do you love the moon as much as he does?"

"I do." Ryujin smiled.

Jisu had to face ahead, both to open the door to her tiny apartment and to hide the silly grin on her lips. Ryujin could be so cute, did she have any idea of that?

"Come in." Jisu stepped inside, leaving her sneakers at the entrance, and Ryujin followed, doing the exact same. "It's really small, but cozy."

Ryujin walked past her, looking around at the kitchenette on the right side of the entrance and the door to the bathroom on the left.

"No way," Ryujin mumbled, taking two big steps to the furthest wall and standing in front of the drawer. She turned to Jisu with her eyes widened. "You have an LP player?"

"Oh, yeah. It's old fashioned, but I really enjoy carefully placing the LPs and playing music like that." Jisu scratched her neck.

"Old fashioned? You joking, I love it! It's so cool! I have one too."

"You do?"

"Yeah, I just don't have many LPs yet. C-Can I take a look at yours?" Ryujin's hands stood mid air towards the LPs stacked on top of the drawer, right next to the player.

"Sure, go ahead."

"Thanks."

As if grabbing the most valuable treasure in the world, Ryujin grabbed the first one, Jisu's favorite Five Seconds of Summer album. Then took a look at the one underneath, and grabbed it also, keeping it below the first one, so she wouldn't mess up the order.

Jisu stood, observing her in silence, her heart in a burst of warmth.

"Oh my god." Ryujin gasped, her neck jerking back at Jisu as she held one of the LPs in her hand. "Warm on a Cold Night. This is one of my favorite albums. Like, ever."

"Honne?" Jisu's chin dropped. "You like Honne?"

"You mean I love Honne. Can you play it?"

Jisu walked over and turned the player on. She placed the LP, and as she lowered the needle, the first song started playing. She adjusted the volume so it wouldn't be too loud.

"Is this good for you?" Jisu asked.

"Perfect. Thanks."

With a nod, Jisu took off her jacket and sat down on the floor, in front of the low table. As she took out her sketchbook, she peeked at Ryujin from the corner of her eyes, observing as she also took off her leather jacket, revealing the baggy, purple sweatshirt she wore. She sat down as well, on the other side of the table, and removed her beanie, fixing her messy hair right next. Jisu focused on the page in front of her, but kept stealing glances at Ryujin. She took out her MacBook and placed it on the table, sitting crossed legged and mumbling the lyrics. And before she started working, she fetched for a small, rectangular box from her bag, from which she took her glasses.

Maybe going to Jisu's apartment was a bad idea. How in the world was she going to focus on her work if Ryujin was sitting right in front of her, looking so damn pretty even though she was doing absolutely nothing?

"I love this atmosphere," Ryujin said. "Thanks for inviting me here. Way better than the editing room. It's cozy, warm, and you were right about the natural light."

Jisu stared outside at the window right above the drawer, where the sun was allowed inside, spreading through the room and right where they sat to work. A reason why Jisu always preferred to sit on the floor with her back against her bed, instead of the small desk right behind Ryujin.

"Yeah, we can come here from now on."

Ryujin's eyes moved up from the screen to meet Jisu's for a second. "Yeah."

Even though Ryujin barely sang the songs, Jisu could still listen to her. She could sing herself as well, but she didn't want to steal Ryujin's spotlight, and she was enjoying listening to her way too much to interrupt her.

In silence the minutes went by, as they worked on their projects and enjoyed the music playing in the background. Jisu was writing down some final notes before asking for Ryujin's opinion when the click of the camera made her look ahead. Just like the other day by the river, Ryujin had her camera in her hands, clicking again when Jisu's eyes found the lenses.

"Pretty," Ryujin muttered, barely audible.

"Are you gonna do this every time we're together?" Jisu asked, ignoring the remark and hoping her face wasn't changing color.

"Maybe. You're still my model for my project, remember? Now, give me one of those smiles." Ryujin kept the camera pointed at her, looking through the lenses.

"One of... those smiles?" Jisu blinked, unaware of how she was starting to smile already. "Which smile?"

"You know. That one you do, that make your eyes two little cute crescents."

It worked like a magic spell. But not because Ryujin merely asked. That smile she talked about could only appear if it was genuine. But it was Ryujin there, asking her to do so in a way that Jisu would never not smile. So she did, getting embarrassed at it and turning her face elsewhere, as the camera clicked and clicked.

"I am definitely using these pics," Ryujin said.

"Did they come out good?"

"You'll understand."

"Let me see."

"After they're edited."

"Why?" Jisu whined.

"I'm the photographer."

Jisu pouted, ripping a small smile from Ryujin, but she shifted her attention to her computer after inserting the SD card.

"Not gonna work," Ryujin said.

"Let me see when they're done."

"Will do."

Jisu let her heart calm down for a bit as she finished the final sketch. The first cropped button-up shirt she couldn't just get rid of, and a high waist pencil skirt.

"Okay, give me your opinion," she said, turning the sketchbook to Ryujin.

Ryujin looked at it, raising her eyebrows. "Is it done?"

"Do you like it?"

"It looks great!"

"How do you feel about all the outfit having two halves, one black leather, and the other plaid?"

"Can you do that?"

"Of course."

"I think it would look really cool."

Jisu beamed. "Great. Then it's decided. I can start the next round."

"Actually getting the outfit done?"

"Yep. My next class is tomorrow so I can start working on it!"

"That's really nice. Take pictures of the progress, I wanna see it."

Excitement bubbled inside Jisu. She stared ahead of Ryujin, picturing so perfectly her wearing the outfit. And that made her realize something that was left.

"Actually, I need something before I can start making the clothes," Jisu said.

"Hm? What?"

"Your measures."

Ryujin stared back at her. "Oh. Like, just my size, or, actual measures?"

"It's a custom outfit, so, just the size won't work. I-I have a measuring tape somewhere around, we could take care of that in an instant. If it's okay for you of course. If you prefer, you can do that at home and then text me-"

"No, let's just do it. I don't wanna give you wrong measures and then mess everything up." Ryujin stood up.

Jisu jumped on her feet as well as she nodded, and proceeded to look for the measuring tape. Maybe in the drawer? Yes, it was right on the first one. She approached Ryujin, wishing she wasn't so nervous about taking someone's measures.

"Alright, extend your arms to your sides," Jisu said, and Ryujin complied.

She placed the beginning of the tape on her right wrist, all the way until her left wrist, and noted it down. Then, the length of her arm alone. Then her shoulders, even though she had a bit of trouble because of the baggy sweatshirt. The length of her torso next, and as she was about to go to the next one, she stopped.

"E-Excuse me." Jisu approached, circling her arms around Ryujin's waist to get the measuring tape around. But then again, the damn sweatshirt was in the way. Jisu sighed. That way, she wasn't getting the exact size.

Ryujin grabbed Jisu's arms and pulled her away just enough to grab the hem of her sweatshirt and without any warnings, fling it over her head.

"Better, right?" Ryujin asked.

"Y-Yeah."

No. Yes? God, Jisu could feel her face burning, and couldn't stop staring at Ryujin's chest. Ryujin looked down at herself. "Oh, right. I have two tattoos."

Jisu's head jerked upwards. "I-I'm sorry, I didn't mean to stare."

"Well, they're right there, you didn't do anything wrong."

Except staring at Ryujin's torso in just her bra, and definitely widening her eyes at everything, not just the tattoos. But Jisu was there to take measures for an outfit, nothing else. And Ryujin undressed for that same purpose. So, being the professional Jisu was, she approached again and circled the tape around her waist first, noting down the centimeters.

"What do they mean?" Jisu asked, glancing at them again, at the crescent moon on the right side of her chest, and the star on the left.

"Remember my cats' names?" Ryujin said.

"Byullie and Dallie." Little star, little moon. "That is so cute, Ryujin."

"Glad you don't find it lame."

"Lame? Why, has anyone told you that?" Jisu frowned, as she circled the tape around her hips now.

"Not after I actually made the tattoos."

Jisu irked an eyebrow at her, but didn't ask any further. She squatted, measured the length of her legs, and there was just one left. She could have taken care of it already, but she was so overwhelmed with the situation she put herself in, that she was just delaying it. And it wasn't making it any easier.

"There's just one left. Can you extend your arms again, please?"

Ryujin nodded, doing as told. Jisu gulped, taking in everything about Ryujin. Her tattoos, her collarbones, her toned arms and broad shoulders, her thin waist contrasting her hips, and that was everything she wasn't supposed to be doing.

But Ryujin was so out of that world beautiful.

Jisu shook her head and gripped the measuring tape. Then got closer again, looking down as she circled the tape around Ryujin's chest, as careful as she could not to make her flustered. She memorized the number, but instead of backing off, she looked up at Ryujin, their faces closer than Jisu knew they would be.

And Ryujin was already looking down at her, her face way redder than before. Ryujin's throat contracted with the eye contact, but she didn't break it. Could Ryujin see in Jisu's eyes the one image in her mind at that moment? Because Jisu could see the same thing in Ryujin's.

The measuring tape fell from Jisu's hands as they slowly, carefully reached for Ryujin's , burning skin - her waist, her shoulder, and Ryujin trembled under her touch, her body drawing back just an inch.

But still, she kept holding Jisu's gaze, her lips parted, her breathing itching as Jisu approached.

Ryujin jerked away, her back hitting the desk. Looking around, she reached for her sweatshirt and rushed to put it on, all while Jisu was glued to the floor, her heart lodged in as she observed Ryujin stuffing her MacBook in her bag.

"I..." Ryujin said in a harsh exhale, as if she was out of breath, exchanging a last glace at Jisu.

But she didn't say anything else before she reached for her jacket and dashed to the door, storming outside and leaving Jisu there, still frozen in place, feeling like the biggest, most embarrassed idiot that has ever lived.

---

A/N: ... bruh

Twitter - @itzloonatic
CuriousCat - curiouscat.me/itzloonatic