Meant to be

One plus One, Two plus Two

Jisu walked back and forth in Ryujin's room, her heart speeding in her chest. Any second now, Ryujin would come back from the bathroom, carrying all of Jisu's hard work of the past month and a half. She could have dressed there, but she wanted to make sure it was a surprise for the creator. But what if it didn't fit well? What if there was a problem Jisu hadn't anticipated? What if she did something wrong? What if-

The door opened, and Jisu turned, almost tripping on herself. She couldn't contain the quiet gasp that left her lips as Ryujin stepped into the room. Jisu scanned her from head to toe, back up and down several times, as Ryujin approached her, twirling on her way.

"Fits so perfect, as if it was made for me," Ryujin said, looking down at herself.

Jisu wanted to laugh at her lame, dad joke, but not a sound came out.

"This is your work, are you that impressed?" Ryujin chuckled. "I mean, it's amazing, yes, but you should have expected this."

The pencil skirt hugged her waist perfectly, accentuating her hips. The crop button-up shirt showed just enough of her stomach, and the contrast of the leather and plaid in both pieces was a perfect fit with Ryujin's personality.

"It's amazing..." Jisu mumbled.

"Of course! Designed by Choi Jisu, what did you expect? Mediocre?"

Jisu slapped her arm with an embarrassed smile. "It fits you so well. Really, it was made for you. Do you like it?"

"I love it. What are you gonna do with it after the project is over?"

"Keep it. I mean, I'll give it to you. You'll keep it."

"Me? But it's your work."

"Made for you. And you love it. You're the one that should keep it."

Ryujin grinned, that silly one that made her cat dimples appear. "I have the future famous fashion designer Choi Jisu's first handmade outfit. This will cost millions in the future, I'll just save it and then sell it and become rich as ."

Jisu pouted. "You wouldn't."

Bursting out laughing, Ryujin poked Jisu's nose. "Of course not. Besides, I'm becoming rich on my own one day."

"With your amazing pictures? Without a doubt. We'll see your photographs as covers for, I don't know, National Geographic, or Vogue, or something like that. Wait, then how about a Vogue cover, photograph by you, and the clothes by me!"

"Aren't we ambitious?"

"Of course! And I can already see the headlines, Shin Ryujin's photograph chosen as best picture of the year," Jisu said, looking ahead as if seeing it into the future.

"That's beyond any dream I could possibly have."

"Excuse me, who had the best photography project? Who had all the compliments from her professor? He literally said yours was the best of your class, and one of the most memorable ever since he's teaching."

"And that earned me around twenty side looks."

"Haters." Jisu rolled her eyes. "They wished to have just a tiny bit of your skill."

Ryujin shrugged. "They would never. Also, they didn't have an amazing model like I did. That helped a lot."

"You took the pictures, I just posed. Sometimes I didn't, even! You took pics of me without even warning me. And you keep doing it."

"You keep looking gorgeous, I can't help it. And do you have a problem with that?" Ryujin crossed her arms.

"No." Jisu smiled. In fact, she was glad. She had a collection of pretty pictures Ryujin took of her already, and some framed back in her dorm. "But I do have a problem that you don't have an Instagram account for your pics."

Ryujin sighed. "Again?"

"You know it would be great for you! To start putting your work out there, so people can see it and get interested."

"And fill the comments with hate."

"You don't need to say it's you. Lots of artists have fake names. Those stupid rumors won't follow you forever. And you shouldn't hold on to them. Also, going on the internet and say stupid to people is the easiest thing nowadays. You see famous people getting hate all the time just for breathing, and some go as far as making up straight up lies about them. It's inevitable."

Ryujin remained silent, head down.

"And by hiding, you're just proving them right, as if you're actually guilty of something. You are not." Jisu cupped her face and stared at her eyes. "Don't be scared, Ryujinie."

Ryujin pinched Jisu's cheeks. "Why are you so cute? Thank you, Jisu. I promise I'll think about it."

Jisu smiled and kissed her lips. "Good.”

"Now, let's get to work." Ryujin fetched her camera and handed it to Jisu. "Know how to work with it?"

"I think so."

Ryujin stood, back against the wall, a leg ahead of the other and hands on the hem of her skirt. Jisu took a few moments to take in the view first, and then proceeded to take the pictures. She wasn't a Shin Ryujin, but that was also not a photography project. She just needed to take some pictures that showed the outfit she had designed and made herself. Jisu squatted, to take pictures from that angle, and Ryujin couldn't look any cooler. Her expression impeccable, her pierced eyebrow raised, hands on her waist.

"From the side now," Jisu said, and Ryujin complied. "This is how it feels to be the photographer. I like it."

"Oh my, Jisu's gonna steal my job."

She was too focused on getting pretty pics to answer.

"Turn your back at me."

Ryujin faced the wall, raising her arms above her head. The skirt raised just enough for her strong thighs to show up.

"G-Get on a normal pose, please," Jisu said.

"Oops, did I get Jisu flustered?"

Jisu cleared . "Yes, and you totally did it on purpose."

Ryujin glanced back, smirking at her. "I did."

"Alright, I have enough," Jisu said after a few more clicks of the camera.

"Do you want me to edit the pictures before sending them to you?"

"You would do that?"

"Of course."

Jisu took a couple steps closer, resting her hands on Ryujin's shoulders. "Then I'll say yes. Thank you, Ryujinie, you can take the outfit out now."

"That was a very obvious way to tell me to undress."

"Yeah, I literally told you to take off your clothes. You still need to wear them for the runway, remember? We don't want them to get dirty or anything."

Also not subtly at all, Jisu ed her shirt, starting from the button near her neck, and Ryujin didn't move. She let Jisu open it up, button by button, both enjoying every bit of it. Jisu grabbed the collar and made the piece of clothing slide down Ryujin's arms, and if that wasn't her own dear creation, she would have just thrown it away. But she carefully placed it on the back of Ryujin's chair by their side and went back to staring.

"Have I told you I absolutely love your tattoos?" Jisu said, her fingers brushing over the ink marking Ryujin's chest.

"Yeah. But you can keep saying it."

"I love your tattoos. And your piercings."

Yes, Ryujin ended up piercing her septum. But no, her mom did not freak out.

"Just that?" Ryujin irked her eyebrow.

"Everything about you, Ryujinie."

"What's everything?"

Jisu knew she was doing it on purpose. But she didn't mind one bit saying it all over again. Her hands reached for Ryujin's waist, outlining her sides, up to her shoulders and biceps.

"All of this."

Reaching for her neck, Jisu pressed her body against Ryujin's, making her take a step back and hit the wall.

"I love you, Ryujin."

Ryujin didn't have time to say it back as Jisu leaned her lips to hers in a passionate kiss. Ryujin gripped on her hips for a second, before her hands s under Jisu's sweatshirt into her lower back to pull her even closer, deepening the kiss. In fact, Jisu just wanted to , but Ryujin got her trapped, and Jisu would never try to escape. She would gladly be in her hands, her lips, wherever Ryujin wanted her to be. And at that moment, Ryujin wanted Jisu's sweatshirt out of the way, so she gladly took a step back to fling it over her head before their torsos met again and hands roamed freely.

"I love you too," Ryujin whispered in her ear as she kissed her neck, sending her knees wobbling.

Ryujin's phone rang. They both heard it, but ignored it, too busy keeping up with each other. But then it rang again.

"!" Ryujin gritted between her teeth as she reached for her phone vibrating on her desk. "I swear Imma kill whoever it is."

"You said that the last time," Jisu chuckled.

"Yes, what is it, Hyeju?" Ryujin exhaled through her nose like a bull. "Sorry, I was... kinda busy. You actually interrupted, but don't worry, spit it out. An announcement? O... kay. We'll watch it. Bye, have fun!" Ryujin hung up, threw her phone to where it previously was, and returned to Jisu, being her the one pushing against the wall this time. "I hate her timing."

"Still gonna kill her?"

"It's Hyeju, I can't stay mad at her." Ryujin chuckled, circling her arms around Jisu's shoulders.

"Of course not. What was it, though?"

"She's gonna stream with Chaewon, and she told us to watch because there will be something special."

"Oh, when is it?"

"In half an hour."

"Then, we still have time." Jisu smirked, her index finger pressing on her lower lip and running down her chin, neck, reaching the middle of her chest.

"I don't wanna rush it." Ryujin pouted.

Jisu irked an eyebrow and escaped her grasp. "Fine, we'll wait until later in the night."

"Nooooo!" Ryujin whined, running after her. She grabbed her wrist, twirling her around and making their bodies meet again. "You can't just leave me hanging."

"You were the one saying you didn't want to rush."

"Whatever, you know I can't just say no."

"I'm glad you can't." Jisu went on for another kiss, her hands reaching for her lower back, pulling the zipper of her skirt down.

Ryujin giggled against her lips. "Damn, you really are in a hurry."

"Girl, that's the skirt I did, it took long and it was a lot of work! You don't want to ruin it!"

"Okay, fair point." Ryujin made it slide down her legs, stepping outside it and going back for Jisu.

"Don't leave it there like that, Shin Ryujin!" Jisu scoffed, picking the skirt up from the floor. "And I'm the one in a hurry!"

"Well, we only have half an hour. Less now, maybe twenty eight minutes?"

Jisu shook her head, walked past Ryujin, and laid down on the bed. "What you waiting for, then?"

With their backs against the comfy pillows and Ryujin's MacBook on her lap, they snuggled while watching Hyeju's stream.

"That's one of my beanies, by the way," Ryujin said, referring to the grey one in Hyeju's head.

"Did she steal it from you?"

"Like you did?"

"Hey, you gave it to me!"

Ryujin laughed, kissing Jisu's cheek. "I'm joking. Yeah, she kinda stole it from me. But it looks good on her, so, I'll let her keep it."

Chaewon sat next to Hyeju with her back straighter than usual, her hands clasped on her lap while watching Hyeju losing her mind over the game she was playing.

"I shouldn't have let you convince me to play Life is Strange," Hyeju said, taking her beanie out to quite literally pull on her hair. "this is ing me up!"

"The game is amazing, and you're loving it!" Chaewon frowned at her.

"I am, but I'm hating it at the same time!"

"I remember Chaewon whining about this game for a whole week," Jisu said. "especially the ending. I never played it, but she told me the whole story. And now she made Hyeju go through it."

"Yeah, Hyeju's been talking about it too. And I've been watching her streams, the game is way more intense than we thought." Ryujin laughed. "But like, she told me they would have something to say, but now she's playing the game? We rushed for nothing!"

Jisu couldn't contain the laugh. "Don't be mad, I'm staying the night, we have a lot of time later. And tomorrow. I'm actually having a lot of fun watching them."

"Me too, but... yeah, whatever, we'll make it up for it later."

They couldn't stop laughing at Hyeju's reactions to the game. She didn't realize she was reaching the end when the last choice of the game appeared on the screen, and she literally threw her controller to her desk.

"What the is this?!" Hyeju stood up from her chair. "They're making me choose between... No, I can't do this, I'm outta here."

Ryujin burst out laughing when Hyeju walked out, leaving Chaewon alone in front of the camera.

"Holy though, is this what decides the ending of the game?" Ryujin said.

"Yeah. Chaewon told me what happens in each one of them."

"I can relate," Chaewon said. "but we all know what she's gonna choose, right?"

The comments rolled up faster, some of the viewers laughing, others fighting among themselves about which ending they chose, and arguing about what was the "best" one, and the most morally correct.

"Damn, they're serious about this." Ryujin read the comments. "But I understand, this is a big decision."

"Yeah, this is just a game, but deep down it has a lot of morality behind it."

Chaewon glanced at the door, smiling as Hyeju reappeared.

"Okay, I'm okay. I've known what to choose the second I saw the choices, but this is cruel." Hyeju sighed, making her decision at last.

"Of course you would choose that one." Chaewon nodded.

They fell silent as they watched the final scene of the game, until the credits rolled up the screen. Hyeju had her lips in a thin line, unable to say anything.

"You chose well." Chaewon patted her leg. "Do you know what would have happened if you chose the other one? They would kiss."

"They would what?!" Hyeju suddenly came back to life. "Kiss? Like, a real kiss?!"

"A real kiss."

Hyeju's chin could reach the floor. "Why didn't they kiss here, then? It doesn't make any sense!"

"Yeah, they should kiss in both endings."

"I'll watch the other ending on Youtube after this. And probably be broken, right?"

"Yep. Just watch the kiss part, it's what I recommend."

Hyeju nodded, and silence reigned again. Ryujin rushed to type a message.

"Didn't you have something to tell us?" Hyeju read her comment. "Yeah, I do. I mean..." She exchanged a look with Chaewon. "We have something to tell you all."

While some of the viewers still talked about the ending of the game, others pushed that away to ask what was it. Some tried to guess it, asking if Chaewon was going to create a stream channel of her own, and a couple of comments asked if they were going to announce that they were dating.

"Oh my god, are they?!" Jisu widened her eyes. "That's actually possible, right?"

"I have no idea." Ryujin had her eyes glued to the screen.

"So, what we have to say is that..." Hyeju held Chaewon's hands, intertwining their fingers together.

Jisu gasped. "They are, they are!"

"Yeah, some of you already guessed it in the comments. I don't know if you were just joking, or wishing for it, but yeah. The truth is, me and Chaewon are dating."

Ryujin beamed, clapping as if they could see it, while Jisu took a hand to her dropped jaw. The comments went even faster than before. Surprised reactions, celebrations, some weirded out.

"Ever since the first stream with Chaewon that some of you loved to see us together and interacting, and I just knew I could tell you all," Hyeju continued, a proud smile on her lips, gripping Chaewon's hand between her own. "And if some don't agree, I honestly don't care. We're happy, we're together, and we've been supporting each other even before we got to meet personally. It was meant to be."

Jisu felt her eyes warming up. Hyeju and Chaewon looked so cute, so utterly adorable together, glancing at each other again while giggling and smiling like the two idiots in love they were.

I knew it! I just knew there was something going on between you two!
omg I'm so happy!
YOU'RE ADORABLE I LOVE YOU BOTH
You have all my support.
Couple goals, honestly.
Where can I get a Gowon for myself?

"People are being so supportive," Jisu said. "They deserve all the support and love in the world."

"They do."

"Thank so you much, everyone." Hyeju kept reading the comments. "If you have any questions, ask away."

"Create a couple Youtube channel," Chaewon said at the same time as Jisu also read that comment. She glanced at Hyeju in silence, both staring at each other as if talking with their eyes.

"A couple channel? Like, with vlogs and Q&As and stuff like that?" Hyeju asked.

I would subscribe!
PLEASE DO?!!?! I NEED THAT SOFT CONTENT
Thank you whoever suggested that, you're a hero
Vlogs, random live streams, challenges, there's a lot of content you can do for a couple channel!

"Seems like they want to..." Hyeju bounced her leg over the other. "Should we?"

Chaewon smiled, and Jisu knew she was imagining it.

"We'll think about it," Chaewon said, facing the camera again.

"I want them to!" Jisu whined. "It would be so cute! And people want it! There are a lot of famous channels, people love to see just cute content. They're pros at that."

"I don't know. Hyeju has so much on her plate already, and so does Chaewon." Ryujin sighed. "I would love them to do one as well, but I don't know if it's a good idea. For now, at least."

Jisu sulked, resting her head on her shoulder. "You're right."

The stream was coming to an end, with them thanking the viewers again. And the second the screen went out, Ryujin reached for her phone.

"Calling Hyeju?" Jisu asked. "Put her on speaker!"

Ryujin did so just as she accepted the call.

"Hyeju! Wow, that was an announcement!" Ryujin laughed.

"Jesus , I-I'm still shaking." Hyeju's voice did indeed falter.

"You didn't seem nervous on stream, though."

"Okay, that's nice, I'm good at masking it. I was so ing nervous."

"It was amazing!" Jisu said.

"Oh, Jisu!" Chaewon shouted. "You were both watching?"

"Yeah! I was so cute, I was dying."

"Did it really go well? I feel like these past ten minutes didn't really happen," Hyeju said.

"It went great. People were really supportive. There were a few stupid comments, and you're probably gonna lose a few followers, but why would you want homophobic s following you, right?" Ryujin said.

Hyeju let out a shaky laugh. "I don't know if that makes me feel better or worse."

"I'm sure you'll earn more after this. More even because of this. But hey, this deserves a celebration! Come over here you two, let's order food for dinner."

"Are you paying?"

"Yeah, I am."

"Woohoo!" Hyeju shouted. "Okay, we'll show up in a bit."

Ten minutes later, the bell rang, just as Jisu and Ryujin finished getting dressed. (Yes, they were still .) Ryujin opened the door, and Yeojin beamed at her.

"Hey, Ryujin!"

"Yuna's in her room." Ryujin moved away without even questioning.

Yeojin rushed upstairs. "Calls us when the food is here!"

"Who said I'm gonna order food for you too?"

"Hyeju did!" And Yeojin stormed away.

"Sorry." Hyeju rolled her eyes as she stepped inside with Chaewon. "You know how she is."

"I was joking, of course I'm getting food for them as well. Now come here." Ryujin grabbed Hyeju's arms and pulled her into a crushing hug.

Jisu observed, beaming like crazy, as Ryujin lifted Hyeju up.

"I love her," Jisu mumbled.

Chaewon joined her. "I know right."

"Put me down and let's order the food, I'm starving!" Hyeju hit Ryujin's shoulders, but couldn't stop her own high pitched giggles.

Finally deciding what they wanted to eat, they sat on the big couch, the TV on but without them paying any attention.

"So, are you actually gonna create the YouTube channel?" Ryujin asked.

Hyeju glanced at Chaewon, as if questioning or waiting for her to answer.

"Honestly, I want to," Hyeju said instead. "but I'm sure it requires a lot of time and effort. And I'm afraid I won't be able to keep up. And Chaewon is a student, and also has her ASMR channel."

Jisu pouted. "You don't need to post a video every week or anything. I think people just want to watch you two being cute, not like super regular content."

"Yeah, I think so too." Chaewon nodded. "Like, if we go out for a walk, we can record a bit, and we have a vlog! The fact that it was a viewer suggesting it, and more people showed their interest made me really excited. I want to try it."

Hyeju stared at her and sighed. "Let me think first."

Chaewon nodded, pecked her cheek, and held her hand. "Of course."

"If you create one, I'll create an Instagram for my pictures," Ryujin said.

Jisu faced her with widened eyes. "You will?!"

"Yeah, you will?" Hyeju was just the same.

"I will."

"That's a lot of pressure..." Hyeju sighed. "Well, it. Let's do it, Chaewon."

"You decided fast for someone who was under a lot of pressure!" Ryujin frowned. "Are you for real, though?"

"I am. So, Shin Ryujin, I'll look forward to your Instagram page."

Ryujin rolled her eyes. "I didn't think you would agree so fast."

"Oops."

Chaewon was too shocked to say anything, and Jisu fought back sudden tears. The bell ringing announced the food was there. Ryujin stood up to receive it and called them to the kitchen. Jisu stood up and ran to her, crashing her body against hers just as Ryujin had laid the plastic bags down.

"I'm so proud of you, Ryujinie," Jisu whispered in her ear.

Ryujin hugged her back. "It was thanks to you. I wanna do it, I was just scared. This was an excuse for me to gain the courage, while also helping Hyeju with her decision. Worked like a charm."

Jisu pulled away and kissed her lips. "You're amazing. I'll be here to help you with whatever you need and support you and cheer you up."

"Thank you, Jisu. For real."

Jisu pinched her cheeks. "You're so cute. I love you so much."

"I love you t—"

"FOOD IS HERE!" Yeojin's voice boomed so loud it crushed their skulls.

"You don't need to tell the whole neighborhood!" Hyeju smacked Yeojin’s head.

"Don't fight and let's eat." Chaewon stopped the sisters' bickering, dragging them both to the kitchen.

"I'm starving! What did you order?" Yuna peeked inside the bags. "Wow, Ryujin, you're feeling generous today."

"It's a good day, I couldn't help it." Ryujin patted Yuna's hair.

"See how Ryujin treats her sister?" Yeojin crossed her arms, glaring at Hyeju. "Why don't you treat me like that?"

"Stop being a brat and I'll do it."

"I'm not a brat!"

"Yes, you are!"

Chaewon pulled their ears, earning a few whines and curse words, but finishing the argument the same second. "Enough, you two! Hyeju, apologize. And hug."

Hyeju rolled her eyes, but pulled Yeojin into a hug. "Sorry, Yeojinie. You're not a brat, I just like messing up with you. Sorry if I hurt you."

Yeojin's eyes went huge. "Wow. Chaewon, you're amazing. She didn't even fight back, and just did what you said!"

"Okay, I take it back." Hyeju pulled away. "You are a little brat."

A loud fit of laughter erupted in the room.

"You're really funny, but I want to eat," Ryujin said. "Eat well, everybody."

They dug in, eating with satisfied sighs. Jisu's heart could burst with how warm it was.

That was a good day, indeed, and many more would come. And she couldn't wait for them, and to see what the future would bring to them. Ryujin with her photography Instagram, Hyeju and Chaewon with their channel. Should Jisu start a project of her own too, then? She couldn't stay behind.

Ryujin met her eyes, munching on a mouthful of bulgogi. "Aren't you going to eat?"

Jisu nodded, grabbing her chopsticks and digging in too. "I was busy looking at my beautiful girlfriend," she said, her voice low, but enough for Ryujin to hear. “I’m so proud of you. Like, for real.”

Showing her little, adorable whisker smile, Ryujin shook her head. “It’s all thanks to you. You all, in fact.”

“Hm?” Hyeju faced her, biting a dumpling. “What is?”

“Thank you all for always believing in me and never doubting me and… yeah, all of that. Even you, Chaewon.”

Chaewon stopped chewing, widening her eyes at Ryujin and pointing at herself. “Me?”

“Yeah. When Jisu was thinking of contacting me, I know you told her how I seemed nice and funny, when you didn’t even know me. You encouraged her, and thus, we met.”

“It was the truth. You genuinely seemed like a chill, laid-back person. And I was right!”

“She’s always right.” Hyeju pointed at her with her chopsticks.

“Indeed.” Jisu beamed. “I’m glad I asked for her opinion of you just to then proved it right as well.”

“My sis is the best!” Yuna reached for her head, patting her hair.

“True, Ryujin is so cool.” Yeojin nodded.

Hyeju frowned at her. “Wow, thanks.”

Yeojin turned to her and jumped from her seat so she could engulf Hyeju in a hug. “I’m kidding, you’re the best, Hyeju. Thank you for always taking care of me.”

The silence that followed was only interrupted because someone swallowed her food.

“Y-You’re welcome,” Hyeju awkwardly patted Yeojin’s back. “This is becoming too lame, I just want to eat!”

“Same, I really just wanted to thank everyone for believing in me.” Ryujin cleared . “That’s all. Now, let’s go back to eat.”

Jisu did bring a mouthful of noodles to her lips, but that didn’t mean she would stop staring at Ryujin. She was indeed so glad she contacted Ryujin when she found the flyer and was not swayed by those words. Jisu still remembered it - ‘Ryujin’s a ’. She chuckled to herself. Whoever wrote that comment couldn’t be more wrong, and Jisu would do everything she could to keep proving to Ryujin how much she loved her, and how she was deserved of every bit of it.

Chaewon also was the embodiment of the heart eyes emoji, looking at Hyeju as she still rambled about the ending of Life is Strange. As Chaewon had said before, everything changed the moment they met, like the cosmos and planets aligned. For a pair of best friends to meet and fall for another pair of best friends… it was such a coincidence.

Nah, that was too much just to be a coincidence.

They were meant to be.

---

A/N: SO THIS IS IT!!! :sob:

Who else here played Life is Strange and also had an existencial crisis for a whole week? *raises hand*, istg I still remember it as if it was yesterday, and I played the game, all the episodes right when they released 

Anyways, this was the last episode, and I hope you all enjoyed the story and the ending! Now Hyeju and Chaewon have to keep their promise of creating the channel, and Ryujin the Instagram! We all know how successful they're gonna be right hehehe

As always, thank you so much for reading!!!! See you all in my next story! (whenever that might be... :))))

Twitter - @itzloonatic
CuriousCat - curiouscat.me/itzloonatic