It's gonna be a blast

One plus One, Two plus Two

Dinner went by in a blink of an eye. Hyeju's parents were easy to go along with, and they seemed to like Chaewon a lot. She barely remembered her dad was still fighting cancer. He was full of life, always cracking jokes and teasing his daughters. Yeojin kept throwing Chaewon and Hyeju weird looks all during dinner. Had she caught on something already?

"Thank you so much again for receiving me. Dinner was amazing." Chaewon bowed.

"Our pleasure!" Hyeju's dad smiled at her. "Thank you for being such a nice friend to Hyeju."

"Friend..." Yeojin snickered.

Hyeju elbowed her. "Sooyoung, will you take her home?"

"Of course!"

"I can take the bus-"

"You won't take any bus as long as I can take you home," Sooyoung said.

There was no way Chaewon could fight back. Biding goodbye, they moved to the front door. Chaewon squatted to pat Gureumi, and Hyeju opened the door.

"Ryujin?"

Chaewon stood up and looked outside the door. Ryujin stood midway to Hyeju's door, her eyes red.

"I didn't know Chaewon was here," Ryujin said, about to turn and leave, but Hyeju was faster, reaching for her wrist.

"What happened?"

"Nothing. Sorry for interrupting."

Ryujin tried to escape Hyeju's grip, but she tightened it, locking her in place.

"I was about to leave," Chaewon said.

Ryujin still refused to face any of them. Hyeju looked at Chaewon, and they both knew something bad happened. And that had to do with Jisu.

"Oh, hi, Ryujin!" Sooyoung chirped behind them, her car keys in hand.

"Sooyoung, take Chaewon home," Hyeju said.

"You won't come?"

"No."

Sooyoung irked an eyebrow, but seemed to have understood as well. "Let's go then."

Chaewon nodded at Hyeju and followed Sooyoung to her car. She got in the passenger's seat, observing as Hyeju took Ryujin inside, glancing at Chaewon before closing the door.

"What happened?" Sooyoung said as she started the engine.

"I don't know." Chaewon sighed.

"I've known Ryujin ever since she was a baby. And she had always come to Hyeju when she's in trouble, since forever. Whatever it is, don't worry. Hyeju is there for her."

Chaewon gave her a small smile and a nod.

"Both your family and Ryujin's lived here since ever?" Chaewon asked.

"Yeah, even before I was born. That's why we all get along so well. I'm the oldest among the five, so it's like I don't just have two little sisters, but four, Ryujin and Yuna too. We used to be together all the time when we were kids." Sooyoung smiled, memories probably flooding her mind.

"That's so wholesome."

Chaewon reached for her phone, but there was nothing from Jisu. She would call her as soon as she got home. She was already going to anyway, to break the news to her. Actually... should she go straight to her dorm? What if she wasn't even there?

"Sooyoung, I'm sorry, can you drop me somewhere else?"

"Hm? Sure. Tell me the way."

It didn't matter. If Jisu wasn't there, she would go wherever she was. After thanking Sooyoung, Chaewon rushed upstairs and rang Jisu's bell. She eased when she heard hurried steps inside, and a couple of seconds later, the door flew open.

"Ryu—" Jisu halted when she realized it wasn't Ryujin. "C-Chaewon?"

Chaewon stepped inside and closed the door behind her. Jisu's dorm was in complete darkness, save for a few candles burning in the back of the room, on top of her drawer. A weird mix of a burnt scent with freshly made food drifted in the air.

"Jisu, what... what happened?"

With a loud sob, Jisu threw herself at Chaewon, making her stumble back and hit the door. She widened her eyes, but let Jisu cry on her shoulder, circling her arms around her. She didn't remember the last time she saw Jisu crying like that, and it hurt. A whole lot.

"Wanna go sit?" Chaewon said, caressing her hair.

Jisu pulled away and let Chaewon take her to her bed, sitting down with her. Chaewon observed the low table at the center of her room, irked an eyebrow at the clean plates and cups. More candles were scattered around the room, but no fire burned in them.

"Why did you come here now?" Jisu asked, head down.

"I was leaving Hyeju's house when Ryujin showed up. I knew something had happened the second I looked at her."

Jisu jerked upwards. "How was she? She did say anything?"

"She looked miserable. And she had been crying. She didn't say anything, in fact, she was about to leave when she saw me. Thought she had interrupted something. Sooyoung took me here and Hyeju's with Ryujin now."

More tears rolled down Jisu's eyes. "It's my fault, it's all my fault!" she sobbed, almost choking on herself, and Chaewon held on to her arms. "I ed up, again."

"Jisu, no matter what you did, just give her time. Let Hyeju be there for her, and she'll feel better. And then you can talk to her."

"No, Chaewon, you don't understand. There's no turning back. I ed up for real."

Chaewon frowned. "But... what happened?"

"I lied to her. And hid things from her, because I wanted to surprise her with a special dinner here."

"You lied? What do you mean you lied and hid things?"

"I told her I would meet someone during the afternoon when in fact I went out shopping and prepared dinner. And I was so stupid, because she had told me about how much she suffered in the past because of lies and all that, and what did I do? Exactly that." Jisu's lower lip trembled. "Just, why did I do this?!"

"You had good intentions." Chaewon rubbed her arms up and down. "She'll understand-"

"No, she won't. I hurt her the one and only way I couldn't. She won't trust me anymore."

"Jisu... Don't be like that, please. Just give her time."

"Time won't magically erase what I did. I apologized, I did tell her my intentions were good, but she still left. There's nothing else I can do."

"You've done your part. Now let Hyeju be there for her and put sense in her head like she always does. Let Ryujin process it. A thing like this won't ruin what you have."

"It's much bigger than just a surprise or a dinner. I triggered all her insecurities and fears. I completely broke her trust."

"And trust can be built."

"Not after this."

Chaewon sighed, feeling all her efforts being shattered down.

"I'm sorry, I'm not being fair to you too. You're just trying to help me, and even came here..." Jisu kept on crying.

"This is not about me. I just want you to not be like me, and not overthink everything."

Jisu chuckled, clearing her eyes. "You're right, I'm totally being a Park Chaewon right now. And I'm always telling you to not do that, so I shouldn't as well."

"Exactly."

"Do you think... she will forgive me? And give me another chance?"

"Of course, Jisu."

"What would you do if you were me?"

Chaewon thought for a second. "I would send her a text. Saying sorry, explaining myself again, and tell her to take her time. Just, let out what would be on my mind."

Jisu nodded. "Yeah, maybe I'll do that."

Chaewon smiled. "Did you eat?"

"No."

"You worked hard on cooking. You should eat."

"I let the garlic bread burn. But I cooked the pasta well."

"I'll get it for you." Chaewon patted her leg and stood up, taking a plate from the table with her. She filled it with the appetizing pasta, gladly still warm enough. "If I hadn't had dinner with Hyeju, I would eat. But I'm so full."

"Don't worry, I'll eat the rest tomorrow." Jisu took a mouthful of pasta to , chewed a few times, and more tears brimmed in her eyes. "It's good. I'm sure Ryujin would have liked it..."

Chaewon giggled, almost feeling bad, but Jisu looked like a whiny baby now, full of food. "You'll cook for her some other time. When you talk things out, you can properly invite her over and do this again. And it will be even better than it is now!"

"Thank you, Chaewon. I was actually starving."

Silence filled the room as Jisu devoured her pasta, and Chaewon drummed the floor with her feet. She wanted to tell Jisu about Hyeju, but wasn't sure if it was a good time for it. Maybe it would cheer her up?

"Wanna know something good?" Chaewon asked, feeling her heart beating harder.

"Something good? What, you told Hyeju you like her?" Jisu chuckled as she finished her food.

"Yeah, actually, it's exactly that."

Jisu almost spat her last piece of food. She widened her eyes at Chaewon, rushing to swallow. "Are you serious?"

Chaewon's cheeks warmed up as she nodded. "We... are officially girlfriends now."

And it was as if reality only dawned at her now, as she spoke those words. Jisu gasped, staring at her without blinking. But then she broke crying down again, and Chaewon cursed on her mind.

"Sorry, I shouldn't have told you this now-"

"No, I'm just so happy for you!" Jisu hugged her, squeezing her body until Chaewon couldn't draw a breath. "I am sorry for being like this now, you were probably so happy and here I was, dragging you down with me."

"Jisu, no! Don't feel bad about it. I was kinda feeling bad for being happy when you're like this, but it's not fair for neither to be feeling bad about our own feelings."

"You have all the right to be happy! But oh my god, tell me everything! It will make me feel better."

Chaewon recapped all the events of the past hours, since the stream, the live ASMR, how tense it was, until their kiss, and how Yeojin interrupted them.

"You really were right, she admitted that she used the stream to be bold with me," Chaewon said.

"See! I knew it! Now she doesn't need to use the stream as an excuse, though. And she was promised another live ASMR next weekend. I can see how that will end." Jisu smirked.

Chaewon's ears burned. "J-Jisu!"

"You did say it was super tense today! It's obvious there's a lot of between you."

A set of images flashed on Chaewon's mind, making her gulp. "M-Maybe."

"I see what's on your mind, Chaewon."

"No, you don't!"

Jisu burst out laughing. "Your face! Oh, you're so funny."

Chaewon rolled her eyes, but was so glad Jisu was feeling at least a bit better.

Chaewon rushed behind Hyunjin through the corridors. "Calm down, the food won't run away!"

"I'm starving!" Hyunjin shouted as she marched ahead.

Panting, Chaewon reached the cafeteria, and of course, they had been the first to arrive there. Getting their food, they sat, waiting for their friends to join them. Chaewon couldn't wait to break the news to them as well. Heejin arrived next, then Yeji with Chaeryeong (she started joining them sometimes to have lunch. Apparently, she and Yeji were getting along really well...), and finally, Jisu.

"Wow, what happened?" Hyunjin frowned at her. "Did you pull an all-nighter studying or something? You look terrible."

Jisu chuckled, sitting down next to her and in front of Chaewon. Her eyes were all puffy. "Thanks, Hyunjinie, you look great too. Yeah, I let pile up. Don't worry, I'm okay."

Jisu hadn't told anyone about Ryujin. Chaewon eyed Chaeryeong, and she didn't show any reaction, so maybe Ryujin hadn't also told her friends. Only she and Hyeju knew, then.

"I-I have something to tell," Chaewon said, preventing someone else to ask her anything further.

"Something related to Hyeju in three, two, one..." Yeji snickered.

"We're dating."

Gasps erupted around their table, so loud it caught other students' attention.

"You're what now?!" Hyunjin dropped her chopsticks. "You're not."

"Wow, you really wish me well." Chaewon pouted.

"Holy ." Yeji bent forward to look at her.

"Are you really?" Chaeryeong had a hand in front of her slacked jaw.

Chaewon crossed her arms across her chest. "Is it that hard to believe?"

"I'm sorry, it's just that I wouldn't expect Hyeju to admit it. I'm gonna congratulate her!" Chaeryeong took her phone from her pocket and rapidly typed.

"First Hyunjin, now Chaewon... I wonder who's next?" Yeji said, staring straight at Heejin.

"I hope you're right!" If there was anyone who didn't hide it one bit, was Heejin. "Speaking about Jiwoo," (no one said her name) "you won't believe what I found out yesterday!"

Everyone stared at her, waiting for the conclusion.

"So, I was with her yesterday right, we went to take a really nice walk by the river after her shift, and it was so cute, it was really cold because of the wind, so she gave me her jacket, and-"

"What did you find out, Heejin?" Hyunjin asked.

Heejin glared at her. "You're such a killjoy! Okay, but, yeah, I suddenly said that I didn't know what I wanted to do for my birthday, and she asked when it was, and I said next Friday, and she gasped really loudly! Because her birthday is on Saturday! Our birthdays are one day apart! Can you believe that? What are the ing chances? We're destined to be together!"

Yeji couldn't stop laughing, Chaeryeong looked at Heejin as if she was watching a rom com, Hyunjin shook her head, looking down at her food pretending she didn't know Heejin.

"Okay, that's really cute," Jisu said. "You can celebrate together!"

"And we are!" Heejin beamed, clapping her hands together. "We were so happy and excited about it, and we want to throw a huge party, and you're all invited! We're spending the midnight from Friday to Saturday, so we can celebrate both birthdays at the same time. Isn't it the cutest?"

"It's a huge coincidence!" Chaewon was still surprised. "Where's the party gonna be?"

"Jiwoo said she'll ask Ryujin, because she's also invited, of course, and her house is always free on Friday nights!"

Chaewon stopped breathing, her eyes averting to Jisu on their own. Jisu had turned to stone, gripping her chopsticks.

"It's gonna be a blast!" Heejin threw her arms in the air.

---

A/N: The next chapter is big big, both loooonggggggggggg and very very important!!!!!

Pls give Ryujin a chance y'all. everything will be explained and taken care of, I promise

Twitter - @itzloonatic
CuriousCat - curiouscat.me/itzloonatic