Deeper than we think

One plus One, Two plus Two

Chaewon expected her promised Breath of the Wild stream to be on the next weekend, or even later, whenever Hyeju had the time. She did not expect to be back at her house the next Wednesday, after reassuring Hyeju around a thousand times it was okay for her to go back to her dorm at like eleven in the night.

(Sooyoung can drive you! Hyeju insisted. There's no need, I still have the bus at that hour! Chaewon fought back.)

"My viewers are so excited," Hyeju said. "But I don't know if to see you play, or to see us together again."

"H-How so?"

"Well, everyone loved you. And us, apparently." Hyeju focused ahead on her screen, preparing the stream.

All those comments back at their stream flooded Chaewon's mind. Were they that cute together? Or was it because they were both content creators, and people found that amusing? Suddenly, she imagined them having a Youtube channel, one of those couple channels filled with vlogs and cute stuff— no, no! Chaewon shook her head, trying to make her wild thoughts stop.

"Okay, everything's ready," Hyeju said, and stood up. "I need to go to the toilet. Prepare yourself."

The teasing smirk was evident, and Chaewon rolled her eyes. Hyeju was probably going to be quick, but in those few minutes, maybe Chaewon could go and look for tips or something at all that could help her even in the slightest.

She approached the desk, opened a Youtube tab, and was about to type something like breath of the wild master mode tips on the search bar when her whole being froze.

Hyeju's search history appeared underneath the search bar, and Chaewon had to blink several times and re-read one of the most recent searches. But she was reading it correctly.

Gowon ASMR girlfriend roleplay.

She... She didn't have any video like that. Yet, Hyeju searched for that exact type of video. Maybe she just wanted... No, Chaewon didn't have an excuse for that. And as she came back to her senses, she panicked and rushed to close the browser, and leaned back on her chair, widened eyes fixed on the void.

The door flew open, and Hyeju made her way to her chair. "Prepared?"

"No."

Hyeju chucked. "Okay, let me tell you the controls first then."

Chaewon held on to the pro controller as Hyeju told her what each button did. But her brain retained a total amount of nothing. Because she couldn't stop thinking about what she just saw. Oh, this was going to be embarrassing.

"Got it?" Hyeju asked, but frowned when she looked at her. "Are you okay?"

"Y-Yes! I was just trying to pay attention. It's a lot, but I'll get the hang of it."

"You can do it. You ready to start?"

"Gimme just a minute. I need to get water."

Chaewon reached for her bag and took her bottle out, chugging down almost half of it. She tapped her cheeks twice, telling herself in her mind to get it together, then turned, her eyebrows drawn together. "I'm ready."

"Okay. Just like the other time, we'll start just with the camera, greet the viewers, let more people come in."

With a nod, Chaewon took in a deeper breath. She eyed the monitor, to check how she looked. She dressed up again and put on makeup, even though lighter this time. Hyeju had mentioned it, nonetheless. And added that she looked pretty again. And the girlfriend roleplay thing came crashing down on her mind again, just when Hyeju pressed the start button.

"I-I'll let my friends know I'm live." Chaewon fetched her phone and texted on their group chat, while they let people join the stream.

Hyeju greeted the viewers that were on already.

"Hi, Gowon!" Hyeju read a comment, and Chaewon looked up. "They're happy to see you."

Chaewon waved at the camera. "Hello, everyone."

"Y'all ready to see Chaewon play Breath of the Wild?"

"I haven't even started and you're already making fun of me."

"What, I'm not!"

Chaewon threw her a sideways glance and Hyeju let out a chuckle. She the Switch and changed the stream window, and it now showed the game's menu.

"Whenever you're ready," Hyeju said.

Chaewon pressed on the master mode, and the game started. Link woke up shirtless from his slumber, and now she could walk around. Chaewon opened a couple of chests that stood ahead.

"Oh, pants and a shirt. Now he doesn't need to walk around ."

"You can actually go through the whole game with just his blue shorts," Hyeju said. "And some characters will be shocked because he's walking around shirtless."

"Really?" Chaewon laughed.

"Yep. Go outside."

Walking ahead, she made it outside the cave where Link had woken up, and a beautiful cut scene showed the scenario ahead.

"Wow, so much to explore," Chaewon mumbled.

"And that's not even like a tenth of the map. Go to your right and talk to that old man."

She did as told, finding a tree branch and picking it up on the way. "Is this a weapon?"

"Can be. Lots of things can be a weapon there. Even a mop."

"A mop?" Chaewon chuckled again. "Where are the real weapons? Swords and all."

"Calm down, you just started. You'll find them soon."

Chaewon picked up a few more things, apples and mushrooms along the way, and talked with the old guy just like Hyeju said.

"Okay, now you have to go to the yellow point on the map."

"Shush, I'm exploring first," Chaewon said, walking down the path ahead and picking up an axe from a tree trunk. "Oh, a real weapon!"

Then, she heard a sound, like a growl, and as she turned the camera, a blue monster approached her. "Oh my god, what do I do?"

"Fight it!"

"How?!" Chaewon panicked, walking away from it.

"Lock on it with the back left button, and attack with Y!"

Chaewon bit her lip in concentration and did as Hyeju said. Link swung his axe, sending the poor monster flying. She was about to celebrate, but it wasn't dead yet. So she went again, and again, and again.

"I killed it! And he didn't hit me once!" Chaewon beamed, picking up whatever stuff the monster dropped. She still had no idea what all of that did.

"You did it!" Hyeju said, and a hand rested on top of Chaewon's head, lightly scratching her hair. "She did great, didn't she?"

The warmth on Chaewon's cheeks spread fast to the back of her neck. But she looked at the other monitor anyway, checking the comments.

I can't handle this, too much cuteness
Gowon is too cute
Good job, Gowon!

"Thank you, thank you, everyone. Maybe I'm better at this than I thought. What does all this stuff do, Hyeju?"

Hyeju proceeded in explaining that food was to restore health, and she could and should cook it, and taught her some techniques, like parrying with the shield and dodging. In theory, it seemed fairly easy. But when Chaewon encountered monsters again, two this time, it was as if her brain had already forgotten what Hyeju just told her. She couldn't dodge, and the monster hit her with its club, Link's hearts dropping drastically.

"I'm gonna die!" Chaewon whined, running away instead of fighting them.

"Eat some apples!"

She opened the inventory and did as told. Going back, she faced them again, and without quite knowing how, she managed to kill them, picking their weapons. Her heart beat super fast with the adrenaline, but she couldn't help but grin.

"This is so much fun," Chaewon said.

"See, I told you. And you're doing great! You haven't died yet!"

"Wow, you really expected me to die that fast?"

"Honestly, yes. You're playing master mode, the monsters have more health and are stronger since the very beginning."

And when that could be demotivating, Chaewon felt even more fired up to keep going. Having Hyeju by her side helped immensely as well, she was always giving her tips and explaining stuff as she progressed, instead of dumping everything at once. She was having so much fun she forgot that more than a hundred people were watching her. Yes, because that many people joined again to watch them. She didn't know if it was because they were streaming a Switch game, or if it was because Chaewon was there. Since Hyeju wasn't playing, she read the comments and interacted a lot with the viewers.

"Don't fight now, you only have two weak weapons and they'll break easily. Go to the main objective," Hyeju said.

Ignoring all those monsters around was hard, but she did it.

"Holy , what is that?" Chaewon widened her eyes at the huge, four legged… lion? Was that a lion? It was a creature like a centaur, but it had a huge white mane, a pair of intimidating horns, and a face of a lion, and it carried a mace bigger than Link himself.

"That's a Lynel and you don't wanna mess with it. Just walk around it and ignore it."

But Chaewon was fascinated. It looked so majestic, it almost drew her to it.

"Chaewon, you're gonna die!" Hyeju reached for the controller.

Without stealing it from Chaewon, Hyeju simply held it around her hands, taking over the joystick and making Link run for his life. Chaewon eyed the other monitor, blushing at the sight of themselves, Hyeju's hands still around hers while she gripped the controller.

"Okay, you're safe now. You're doing so well, don't just kill yourself like that!" Hyeju straightened herself, the warmth around Chaewon's hands vanishing.

"Sorry. It was just so pretty."

"They are, I know. But deadly. Later in the game, you can find golden ones. They're the strongest enemies in the game. Look, shoot an arrow at that bird," Hyeju pointed at the screen when Chaewon reached an old house.

"What, why?"

"To get meat."

Chaewon frowned. "You just kill animals like that? I don't wanna kill the poor bird!"

"They just disappear like poof when you hit them."

"Can't I just feed on apples and mushrooms and such?"

"Yeah, you can." Hyeju faced the camera and whispered. "Watch her hunting animals in a few minutes."

"I heard that!"

"But you really need meat now to make a recipe and exchange with the old man for a warm jacket."

Chaewon huffed, but clicked the button to draw the bow out. She pointed at the cute, big pigeon and shot an arrow. The second it hit the bird, it was just like Hyeju said. A silly poof sound, and it turned into two raw bird thighs.

Around an hour later, after completing a few shrines with puzzles and challenges, she reached the top of the temple, where she met with the old man again. There, she watched in awe the cut scene explaining the events of the game, and finally earned the paraglider.

"Now you can go beyond the walls."

"Where am I supposed to go?"

"You have the objectives on the map, but you can basically explore the whole map now."

"Okay, that's pretty overwhelming. The map is huge!"

"I know, I felt the same way. But for now, go to the closest objective."

Chaewon jumped from where she was and clicked the X button, making Link fly in the air, rotating the camera and observing the surroundings.

"Is Gowon spending the night?" Hyeju read a comment, making Chaewon look away from the game. "I don't know. Are you, Chaewon?"

Chaewon raised her eyebrows. Was Hyeju doing it on purpose? Like... fanservice? Since everyone seemed to enjoy seeing them together. She didn't know, but she would play along.

"You didn't invite me." Chaewon looked ahead at the game again, pretending to not be interested.

"Would you stay if I invited you?"

"Sure. This is really fun, so maybe I would keep playing late in the night. And not letting you sleep because I had to question everything. Hyeju, what does this do? Hyeju, how do I do this?"

Hyeju shook her head with a chuckle. "Don't you have classes in the morning?"

"Don't ruin the fun."

"Alright, next time you'll stay here, then."

Chaewon hoped it didn't show much of the surprise on her face, nor the red painting her cheeks. Was she for real, though?

"Alright, I'll remember that, Son Hyeju."

Hyeju was busy talking with her viewers, while Chaewon found another hoard of monsters. She faced them, but maybe she was getting tired, because she didn't manage to take one down, and she died for the first time.

"Everyone, Chaewon's first death. Press F to pay respect."

The chat flooded with messages with the letter F, and Chaewon laughed. "I was reckless. I thought I could take them."

"In that case, you should have shot a fire arrow at those red barrels, it would create an explosion."

Chaewon dropped her chin. "Why didn't you tell me before?"

"Sorry, I wasn't looking."

"You're not interested anymore." Chaewon pouted.

"It's because I trust you and your skills. But in fact, we should wrap up the stream. You have classes and I have work." Hyeju kept looking at the screen. "Don't whine, everyone. Okay, do y'all want to keep watching Chaewon playing master mode?"

"It must have been boring."

"They loved it. They want to keep watching."

"Really?" Chaewon approached the screen, reading the comments herself.

Let's make this a weekly thing or something!
Gowon, you gotta commit now
I don't get tired of watching you two together

"What if Chaewon starts her own streaming channel?" Hyeju suggested.

"What, no! This is only fun because it's the two of us. It would super boring if it was just me."

"That's just an excuse to keep streaming with me, just admit it."

There she was again. Why was Hyeju always acting like this on stream?

"That too," Chaewon said.

Hyeju didn't even hide the giant grin on her face. "Alright, everyone, time to go. Thank you again for coming and watching, and thank you for all the new followers, subs, and donations! See you tomorrow!"

They waved at the camera, and Hyeju pressed the button to finish the stream. She faced Chaewon and patted her leg. "Good job."

For playing along with your silly fanservice? "Thanks."

"Jesus, it's almost midnight. I should have indeed told you to bring stuff so you could stay the night."

Chaewon felt like pulling her hair out. "It's okay, next time."

"Speaking of which, remember when we said we, Ryujin, and Jisu should meet? The four of us?" Hyeju asked, and Chaewon nodded, her eyebrow irking in curiosity. "I talked with Ryujin, and we're thinking of doing a sleepover on Friday. What do you say?"

"A sleepover? The four of us? Where, though?"

"Her house. Her parents have the habit of going somewhere on Friday after work and spending the night out, so her house is always empty on Friday night."

"Does Jisu already know?"

"I don't know if Ryujin spoke with her already, we had this idea on Monday. She called me to talk about her conversation with Jisu. I believe you know about this already."

"Yeah, Jisu called me too. She kinda told me what happened with Ryujin. What a ed up situation."

Hyeju clenched her fists on her lap. "She never deserved any of that . And what hurts the most is that even after high school, the stupid rumors followed her. And all the hurtful feelings. She suffered, like, a ing lot. her ex-girlfriend. Hope she rots in hell."

Chaewon reached forward and laid a hand on top of Hyeju's balled fists. "I wasn't there, I can just imagine how awful it was for her, and for you as well because you're her best friend and you had to witness all of that. But let me tell you something. Jisu is someone who, when she cares, when she loves someone, she doesn't let go. She doesn't just get tired or throw people aside because this or that person said such things. And Jisu really likes Ryujin. She was so heartbroken when Ryujin left, she couldn't stop crying and she thought she had ruined everything before anything could even happen. I'm not telling you to tell her this, but..."

"But that's exactly what you're telling me." Hyeju smiled. "Thank you, Chaewon. That's good to know. Seriously, ever since that happened, I got even more protective over Ryujin. So it reassures even me to know I can trust Jisu. Ryujin deserves nothing but all the love in the world. If Jisu can give her that, then I can rest assured."

A sudden warmth stung Chaewon's eyes. The way Hyeju worried for everyone she cared about hit all of Chaewon's soft spots.

"I'm pretty sure Jisu would love that." Just like Chaewon would love to give Hyeju all the love in the world. "I-I should go, then."

"Yeah. I'll ask Sooyoung to take you home." Hyeju stood up.

"No, don't bother her with that at this hour! I'll take the bus."

"No way, it's too late for that. She's still awake, I just know it. She never sleeps before midnight."

"But I'll feel bad," Chaewon whined.

"And I'll feel bad for letting you take the bus alone at this hour. Gimme a second."

Hyeju stormed outside without giving Chaewon time to argue back. She knocked on another door on that floor.

"Sis, can you take Chaewon home?"

"Oh, yeah, of course!" Chaewon heard Sooyoung say from her room.

Chaewon couldn't fight back anymore, she was already being dragged to Sooyoung's car. In an instant, they reached Chaewon's dorm.

"Thank you so much, Sooyoung. Sorry for bothering you so late," Chaewon said.

"You don't bother at all! Hope you had fun with Hyeju."

"She always does," Hyeju said from the passenger's seat.

"Yeah, I did." Chaewon nodded. "Well, good night, then. Thanks again."

"Tell me then if you're down for the sleepover."

"I am." Chaewon flashed a smile at Hyeju through the rear-view mirror and left the car, waving as Sooyoung drove away.

As she made her way up the stairs, what happened right at the beginning of the night came back to torment her mind again. With the stream and so much happening, it had escaped her mind for a while. But now she had to let this out. She rushed to her room, grabbed her phone, and texted Jisu.

[Chaewon]
Still awake? I need to call you, I need to tell you something!

Instead of an answer, Jisu called her a minute later.

"Oh my god, what happened with Hyeju now?" Jisu said first thing when Chaewon picked up.

"You won't believe this. I still don't believe it myself."

"Spill it!"

"She didn't do anything. I mean, she did, during the stream, but this is something else. It happened right before. While she went to the toilet, I went on Youtube to look for tips for the game, and I didn't mean to pry or something, but you know how when you click the search bar, the history search appears automatically, right?" Chaewon talked fast, and Jisu hummed in response. "Well, one of the latest searches was... Gowon ASMR girlfriend roleplay."

Jisu gasped. "Girlfriend roleplay?!" and she burst out laughing now. "Hyeju wants an ASMR girlfriend roleplay video? Just give her one, then!"

"What? She doesn't know I saw that, obviously!"

"Just do one of those! She won't know it was because you accidentally saw that."

"I don't even know how to do a g-girlfriend roleplay."

"Look for other ASMR videos like that, take notes, and make your own. But wait, this is deeper than we think. Hyeju looked specifically for that one. For a freaking girlfriend roleplay video. Why do you think she did that?"

Chaewon blinked. "B-Because she..."

"She wants you to be her girlfriend!"

"Or she just enjoys that kind of video, and she was looking if I happened to have one of them. Doesn't mean she wants me to be her girlfriend. By that logic, anyone who watches a girlfriend roleplay ASMR wants to date the ASMRist."

Chaewon could hear the facepalm over the phone.

"Chaewon, it's not about watching the video, it's about specifically looking for that video. You know it yourself, you just don't want to admit it. But why, though? It's more than obvious you're into each other. Do you need any more proof?"

"What if I'm interpreting things wrong? She did do some things on stream, but maybe that was just fanservice since people seem to love to see us together."

"Or she's using that excuse herself, like, ‘oh it's just for the camera’, when she actually wants to do that and takes advantage to be blunt, excusing her behavior on the stream."

Chaewon frowned. "Jesus, what an analysis. But indeed, she asked me to stay the night next time, and she patted my head when I did good in the game, and..." Chaewon paused and sighed. "What does all that mean, Jisu?"

"You know it. Now, learn how to do a girlfriend roleplay and make one for this week's video. She'll straight up die."

A fit of whines escaped Chaewon's lips. "It will be so awkward."

"Won't you do that for Hyeju?"

Chaewon dragged a sigh. "Fine, I'll do it. If she wants one, I'll give her one."

"That's the spirit!"

"But I won't release the video on Friday like I always do. Because we're gonna have the sleepover."

"Oh, you know about it too! Ryujin invited me today. Of course I said yes."

"A sleepover, the four of us..." Chaewon stared at her ceiling, a million scenarios happening in her mind. "It's gonna be fun."

"I'm so excited. And before that, I’ll be doing something else with Ryujin."

"Romantic dinner?" Chaewon chuckled.

"She said she wants to take picture of me with the full moon. So, we're going somewhere, and I'll be the amazing model I always am, and she'll take amazing pictures like she always does. Isn't it so, so cute? Us and the full moon."

"An amazing setting for a first kiss." Chaewon snickered.

There was silence over the line.

"Jisu?"

"For real, Chaewon, now I can't get the image out of my mind. Thanks."

Chaewon burst out in high pitched laughs. "Was that a real thanks, or an ironic thanks?"

"A bit of both. But I won't even dream of that. Doesn't matter how much I would love that to happen, I won't attempt on doing it again. I'm giving her all the time she needs, and whenever, if ever, she's ready, I will be as well."

---

A/N: Girlfriend roleplay asmr uh................................. WELL.........

I went full on Zelda nerd on this chapter, I'm sorry!!! I hope it wasn't boring! Breath of the wild is one of my fav games ever and so is Hyeju's, so it makes sense she knows a lot about it right... kakaka

MORE FLUFF ON THE NEXT CHAPTER GET READYYYYYYYYYYYYY

Twitter - @itzloonatic
CuriousCat - curiouscat.me/itzloonatic