Had already fallen

One plus One, Two plus Two

Chaewon stood in the pathway, staring ahead at the house in front of her. A two-story house painted in a light grey stood inside the fence all around it, separating it from the other houses.

She couldn't believe she was about to ring the bell of Son's residency.

On the previous day, Chaewon had just finished recording her weekly ASMR video when she noticed the notification on her phone. An ear to ear grin had stretched on her face as she read the text from Hyeju, asking her if she was available right on the next day, Saturday, to come over in the afternoon and participate in the stream.

So, at 5:30pm, and after panicking about what she should wear, about what kind of makeup she should use, there she was, her trembling hand slowly reaching for the doorbell at the gate. And while she waited, she took another look around, gripping her bag between her hands. The main door opening made her face ahead again.

Hyeju walked towards her, a smile on her face as she opened the gate and eyed her from head to toe. "Did you dress up?"

Chaewon's cheeks warmed up the same second as she looked down at herself, at the black knee-length socks, plaid skirt, and white blouse underneath her long and fluff baby pink jacket. "N-No. This is the way I dress."

Hyeju narrowed her eyes at her. "I've never seen you with a skirt before. Aren't you cold?"

"No. And I prefer jeans to school."

A light chuckle left Hyeju's lips. "You look pretty anyway, but you didn't need to pamper yourself up. You're gonna make me look bad on camera with my old sweatshirt and jeans."

Chaewon waved her hands and shook her head. "You look great! Like always!"

Hyeju shrugged. "Thanks. Anyway, let's go inside."

She led the way, and Chaewon followed after closing the gate. She mumbled a 'thanks for receiving me' as she stepped inside, and the sound of something scratching the wooden floor echoed, alongside a bark.

"Oh, here he comes." Hyeju chuckled.

Her white dog, Gureum, came skipping from upstairs, barking again at Chaewon and smelling her feet. Hyeju squatted to grab him, and he approached Chaewon's face, sniffing.

"Gureumie, this is Chaewon."

Chaewon offered her hand first, then pet his head. "Hi, Gureumie. You're so cute."

"Thanks!" Hyeju said, throwing a hand in the air. "Someone that finds him cute. I know it kinda became a meme already among my viewers because he looks silly and derp, but he's so adorable, aren't you, Gureumie?" Hyeju scratched under his chin, her voice becoming more high pitched when she talked with him.

Chaewon had to contain a squeal. If there was just one thing cuter than Hyeju, was Hyeju with Gureum.

She set Gureum down and aimed for the stairs. "Dad, Chaewon's here."

Barely a couple of seconds later, a bald man with wrinkles around his eyes appeared from a door on the left side. He looked at Chaewon and offered her a big, warming smile, and he had the same kind eyes as his daughter.

"Hi there, Chaewon! Welcome!"

Even Hyeju's dad knew her? "H-Hi, Mr. Son. Thank you for receiving me."

He waved a hand. "A friend of my daughter is a friend of mine. Have fun with your video games, you two! And grab something to eat for you both before going upstairs, will you, Hyeju? And take something for Yeojin as well, please. She's been studying all day."

"Alright, dad. Go ahead and rest."

"Yes, yes, I'll keep watching this movie."

Chaewon gave him an awkward smile and a quick bow of her head as he made his way back, and Hyeju turned around, walking to the kitchen with Chaewon and Gureum following suit.

"Sooyoung's working?" Chaewon asked.

"Yeah, she's still at the café, and my mom is at work as well. I brought stuff from the café earlier when I finished my shift, you can choose whatever you want," Hyeju said, motioning to a box on the table as she grabbed a handful of tangerines and a jelly from the fridge.

"Oh, you didn't have to."

"But I wanted to. Grab a-"

"Choco chip muffin for you." Chaewon had it already in her hand.

Hyeju smiled. "Exactly."

"I'll try the blueberry one." Chaewon picked it from the box.

They went up the stairs and stopped in front of a door. Hyeju turned to Chaewon and smirked. "Ready to meet the devil in person?"

The door flew open, and Chaewon jumped with a yelp, almost dropping the muffins to the floor.

"I heard that!" the small girl said, glaring at Hyeju, but her expression changed drastically as she faced Chaewon. "Oh my god, hi! I'm Yeojin, Hyeju's little and adorable sister. It's so nice to meet you. I love your videos!"

"H-Hi, Yeojin, nice to meet you too. Thank you so much."

"My sister loves your videos too! Even more than me. And she falls asleep every single night with them." Yeojin wiggled her eyebrows, stealing a couple of tangerines and the jelly from Hyeju's hands.

Chaewon let out a nervous chuckle, eyeing Hyeju.

"She already knows that." Hyeju flicked Yeojin's forehead. "But nice try."

Yeojin's eyes went big. "Oh my, she does? Does she also know how happy you were when she visited the café? And when she visited you at the store-"

"Go back to study." Hyeju shoved Yeojin inside her own room.

"HA! She doesn't!" Yeojin yelled from the inside as Hyeju closed the door. "HAVE FUN YOU TWO!"

Hyeju rolled her eyes. "Yes, I was happy when you visited me, but wasn't that obvious already?"

Yes, Chaewon knew that, but it always hit hard hearing it, and even harder if it was directly from Hyeju. "I imagined so. But it's always good to know."

"Just like you were happy when I mentioned you on stream, right?" Hyeju asked, opening the door next to Yeojin's room.

Chaewon followed her inside. To Hyeju's room.

It was smaller than she imagined, but just like what she was so used to seeing on stream. The window right in front of them, on the opposite wall, allowed the faint light of the late afternoon inside, but it was way too dark to stream. Hyeju the light and closed the door behind her.

Her desk with the gaming computer and two monitors was on the left side, with the shelf she knew so well in front, always behind Hyeju in every stream, filled with books and games and some figures. The simplest bed was pushed to the right wall, with a wardrobe in front. Like her room was perfectly divided in the middle, the right part to rest, and the left her whole stream setup.

"I've been watching you streaming for so long, and now I'm where it all happens," Chaewon said, walking over to observe the books and games on the shelf that had always served as Hyeju's stream background. Fantasy books, mainly, filled one of the shelves, old and recent computer games filled another, but her favorite, and probably Hyeju's as well, was the Switch shelf. A box with four amiibos, small figurines from Nintendo characters, sat right in the middle. Those were the champions from Breath of the Wild, and Hyeju loved them so much they were still inside the box.

"And today you'll be part of it. How do you feel?" Hyeju asked, taking a bite of her muffin.

"I'm so nervous." Chaewon ate hers as well.

"Why? We're just gonna be playing Mario Kart. Aren't you used to being in front of a camera as well? Your videos have literally thousands and thousands of views."

"It's different. If I screw up on a video, I can just edit. I'll be live! I'm scared of making a fool out of myself."

"Where's the confident Chaewon that said she would beat my on stream?" Hyeju rested her hands on her waist.

Chaewon chuckled. "You're right, you bet I will. Don't underestimate me."

"I won't. Now, help me set things up. I need to do a couple of tests before going live."

Hyeju sat on her gaming chair, and Chaewon observed how everything was already prepared on her desk. One monitor showed her streaming software, and the other was turned off. Hyeju's Switch laid on the desk, connected to the dock Chaewon gave her, and several other cables were plugged in somewhere. She could see one connected directly to the monitor in which they would play, and she guessed another one was plugged directly into Hyeju's computer.

"Help? You already set everything up!"

"Shush. Sit down."

Chaewon did as told, sitting on the ordinary, black office chair next to her. She observed Hyeju in silence as she changed some settings on the software.

"Okay, we'll start the stream with just the camera," Hyeju said, the screen showing the image her webcam was capturing. "I'll introduce you, and then we play."

"You never start with just the camera." Chaewon irked an eyebrow.

"Because I stream League, I just start with my wallpaper and all. But I don't wanna show the Switch right away. Also, you dressed up and put on pretty makeup, let people take a look at you."

Chaewon gulped. Was Hyeju always this blunt? Where did that come from? It had been the second time she complimented her since she got there.

"A-Alright."

"Okay, turn on the Switch, please."

She reached forward, clicking on the power button. The monitor on the left side showed the Switch menu, just like it also showed on Hyeju's main monitor.

"Amazing," Hyeju mumbled. "This works so well. I already tried and recorded around ten minutes of gameplay and no lag, no nothing. Runs perfectly smooth. Thanks again, Chaewon. Like, a lot."

"And thank you for inviting me to stream with you. It's almost six, should we start?"

"Are you ready?"

"I think so. You?"

"Always. Okay, I'm gonna tweet that I'm going live in a few minutes."

Hyeju opened Twitter and wrote something fast, not even thinking beforehand about what to write. A couple of seconds after hitting the send button, Chaewon's phone rang. Hyeju eyed her.

"I-I have your notifications on." Chaewon reached for her phone in her pocket and changed it to the silent mode, taking that moment to quickly type in her friends’ group chat, telling them the stream would start soon.

"Oh, you do?"

Chaewon's cheeks warmed up. "Is it weird?"

"No, I have yours too. I always know when you post a new video. I loved the new one, by the way. I was a bit sad when I read the no-talking in the title, but I love all your videos anyway."

"Sorry, I didn't know what to do so I just grabbed random stuff from the house and used it to tap. I promise the next one will be a talking one."

Hyeju chuckled, her gummy smile one of the most adorable things about her. "You don't have to, do whatever you want. Also, I saw that you promoted the stream on your channel. Thanks. I hope your viewers have fun as well. If they decide to watch, anyway."

"I'm sure they will! I mean, they better. You deserve way more viewers than you have."

"You think so? I think regularly having around fifty or more is pretty good, especially when I stream a game as popular as League."

Chaewon stared at her, lips apart. Could she become any humbler? "It's nice, but you should have at least a hundred regularly! And I said at least, because I could say a thousand."

"Who knows, one day. If I can turn streaming into my job and have that many viewers, that would be my dream."

The conversation wasn't even sad or anything, but Chaewon wanted to throw herself at Hyeju and hug her, and tell her she would do it without a doubt, and that she was always, ALWAYS be there to support her-

"Can I start?" Hyeju asked, the mouse hovering over the 'start streaming' button.

Chaewon cleared , looked down to fix any possible wrinkles on her clothes, closed her eyes to take a deeper breath, and nodded. "Yes."

Hyeju smiled and pressed it, the image of Hyeju's camera showing on her Twitch live. Chaewon's heart raced, and sweat covered her palms as the viewers’ number raised.

"Hello, hello everyone." Hyeju waved at the camera, and Chaewon did the same, smiling awkwardly. "Let more people join so I can introduce today's surprise."

Comments started rolling up. Chaewon squinted as she approached the monitor.

IS THAT GOWON?! FROM GOWON ASMR?!
Omo, she's so pretty.
Hi Gowon!

Chaewon prayed the red painting on her cheeks wasn't noticeable on the camera, because she could feel them burning.

"Yes, Gowon is here today!" Hyeju glanced at her with a grin, motioning with her hands.

"H-Hi, everyone." Chaewon waved her hands again.

"I'm not streaming League today," Hyeju said. "Today's stream will be a completely different one, not just because Gowon is here, but also because we're playing Mario Kart!"

Chaewon giggled, taking her hand to hide her lips. Hyeju always became so energetic and cute on stream.

Chaewon!!!!!!! This is Hyunjin!!!!!!!!!!! I'm watching with Jinsol!

Her chin dropped. "My friends came to watch as well, thank you, guys!" Chaewon showed a thumbs up at the camera, happy that they actually went to watch her, and that those two were together, probably at her dorm.

"Hey, Chaewon, Hyeju never beat me at Mario Kart," Hyeju read a comment out loud. "you can't let her beat you. Wow, thanks, Ryujin, what a great friend I have!"

Chaewon laughed louder, trying not to sound too hysterical as to not embarrass herself already. "Hi, Ryujin. I already told Hyeju I would beat her, don't worry."

"Alright, let's see that, then. Let's start."

Hyeju changed a couple of settings, and now the stream showed the Switch menu and the camera at the bottom corner. She fetched the controllers, giving the pro controller to Chaewon and keeping the joy-cons to herself. Chaewon irked an eyebrow. Wouldn’t she prefer the pro controller, though?

The viewer number kept increasing, and more comments popped up. Almost fifty people were in already, and Chaewon could read comments saying they were there after knowing she would be on Hyeju's stream. So, her viewers were really showing up!

"Of course you would pick Link." Chaewon giggled.

"Yep, of course. And you, baby Peach. Really? Aren't you a princess, indeed."

Chaewon's eyes widened for a second, but faster she remembered there was a camera pointed at them, live. "She's cute! And I like the lighter characters."

Hyeju nodded, seemingly impressed when she chose the bear car as well, as it was one of the best in the game.

"Which cup?" Hyeju asked.

"You can choose."

Was it a surprise that Hyeju chose the one with the infamous Rainbow Road? And the hardest one, for the matter. But it was a challenge that Hyeju wanted, it was a challenge that Chaewon would give her.

The first race was over, and Chaewon came in second, right after Hyeju.

"Do you ever drift?" Hyeju dropped her chin at her.

"Barely."

"How did you do so good without drifting?"

Chaewon shrugged, giggling. "I just do."

"Did you see that?" Hyeju asked at the camera. "How does one play like this without drifting? No, I'm shocked, for real."

Chaewon took those few moments between races to check the chat and the viewer count. Almost at seventy by now. Her heart beat faster again, but the second the race started, she shifted her focus back to the game. And for those few minutes, she allowed herself to forget that was a camera there, that they were playing live for dozens of people, and enjoyed the game with Hyeju. As if they were just the two of them playing, trying to distract each other, cursing because of a blue shell, laughing when they raced past each other.

The final race was approaching, the Rainbow Road. And whoever won this one, won the cup. Chaewon put on her most focused, fearless expression, and threw Hyeju a glare as the countdown beeped. No one said a word this time, blinking as few as they could.

"NO!" Hyeju shouted. " Bowser, he threw me off on that curve!"

Chaewon's heartbeat echoed on her skull as she neared the finishing line. She threw her arms in the air when she finished the race in first place with a victorious cheer. Turning to Hyeju when she also finished, Chaewon found her already staring at her.

"You did it, uh?" Hyeju sighed but beamed, turning to the camera next. "She did say she would beat my ."

"I told you to not underestimate me."

Hyeju widened her eyes. "Holy , there's over a hundred people watching us? Wow, thank you so much, everyone! And I'm sorry, I'm not paying much attention, but thank you so, so much to every new follower and subscriber!"

"Thank you!" Chaewon said. "Give Hyeju the attention and love she deserves!"

Wow, you really went full merciless on Hyeju. - Hyunjin commented.

"Should we go another one?" Hyeju asked, already choosing Link again.

"As long as you know you're losing again."

But this time, Hyeju did indeed win. So, they went on again, to decide now who was the real winner.

"Wait, before we go, let's make a bet," Hyeju said. "If I win, you'll play Breath of the Wild for the first time on stream. On master mode."

Chaewon widened her eyes. "Isn't that like, the super hard mode?" Hyeju nodded with a smirk. "I never even played the game! But okay, if I win, you'll play Animal Crossing on your next Switch stream."

"Alright, fair."

Chaewon had to be on her absolutely best focus. She didn't want to lose and then make a fool out of herself playing Breath of the Wild on master mode.

But... that meant she would be on another of her streams.

No. No, she wouldn't lose on purpose.

And she didn't. She lost because Hyeju played better.

"Looks like we're all gonna watch Chae— Gowon play Breath of the Wild on the next Twitch stream, everyone. On master mode."

Chaewon leaned closer and blocked the view of her lips to whisper - "You can call me Chaewon." Then faced the camera. "As long as you help me and don't make fun of me. It's gonna be a disaster, I just know it."

Hyeju chuckled, like a nervous one. "I will help you, yes. So, let's go one more now?"

But the chat had joined together, everyone now asking for a live q&a.

"Looks like they have questions for us." Hyeju eyed her. "What do you say?"

"Alright, what do you wanna ask?"

Questions and questions popped up.

"When and how did you two meet?" Hyeju read that question. "Ryujin showed me her channel months ago, and I'm a regular viewer of her videos ever since."

"And I've been watching Hyeju's streams for months too," Chaewon said. "Then, a couple of weeks ago, she mentioned my channel on stream, and I finally gathered the courage to visit her at café Rosy."

"Neither of us knew we were each other supporters until she showed up at the café and I just..." Hyeju cleared . "I was very surprised. I really had no idea."

That's so cute!
You're the cutest wtf
That sounds like a fanfic or drama or something

Chaewon's face burned again with all those comments. Especially the one Hyunjin left - Chaewon has always been such a fangirl................... - but she ignored it and read another one. "Does Gowon play League as well? No, I don't." She chuckled. "But I still love to watch Hyeju play. Because it's not just about the game, it's... her."

She could feel Hyeju's eyes on her, but she kept staring at the screen, reading more comments. Maybe she shouldn't have said that last part.

"And what is it about Hyeju that you love?" Hyeju read.

Chaewon glanced at her, forcing herself to not show the shock. Did Hyeju really just read that comment? Chaewon had seen it too, but she didn't dare read it out loud. But now she had to answer, and the more she hesitated, the weirder it got. "S-She's really passionate. And funny."

"Just that?"

Chaewon looked at her, pouted, and rolled her eyes, pretending to be oh so annoyed. "Do you want compliments that bad?"

"If they're from you."

For some reason, the image that flashed on Chaewon's mind at that second was of Hyunjin and Jinsol screaming and laughing their asses off while watching this, just like Jisu and the others who were watching.

"Then say something that you like about me first." Chaewon irked an eyebrow at her, wearing a proud smirk.

"I love your voice."

And it had to be THAT. Chaewon took her hands to her face. It was still better than showing her stupid grin to those hundred people watching them now.

"Now, your turn," Hyeju said.

"Oh, we're doing this in turns now?"

"Yes, because I said so."

"I said two things about you, and you just said one about me. Not fair."

"Alright. You're cute. Your turn."

"You're cute too."

"You're also pretty."

"And you're even prettier."

They stared at each other, probably forgetting for those seconds about the fact that they were live.

"You're a good listener," Hyeju continued.

"And you're the most selfless person I know."

"You care a lot about others."

"So do you, and you're super humble and hard working."

Hyeju opened and closed like a fish outside water, but gave up and turned to the camera again. "Okay, you win. More questions?"

She just got Hyeju flustered... on stream. As if she wasn't as well. Her hands trembled on her lap, and her heart kept thundering in her chest. She faced the screen and read more comments. A few more questions, but there were a few comments she couldn't not notice.

Why do I sense something more in there........
Do you have a crush on each other or is it just me?
I've never seen Hyeju acting like that... wow Gowon

"They're saying they want me to teach you League," Hyeju said, and Chaewon also read those comments. "Should I?"

Chaewon scrunched her nose. "I would rather you help me with Breath of the Wild."

Hyeju laughed. "Alright. Let's play one more cup?"

They did, and Chaewon lost again. Maybe her victory on the first one was sheer luck. Or, she wasn't too distracted, those same comments ringing in her mind over and over again. People saw them together for the first time, and they could already tell... No, but… Chaewon didn't have a crush on Hyeju.

A bit later, they said goodbye and wrapped up the stream, thanking again and again all the people who joined. Hyeju clicked the button to finish the stream, and when the screen turned black with the offline sign, Chaewon sighed. She faced Hyeju, and the girl seemed frozen in time.

"I've never had this many people watching and commenting and..." she turned to Chaewon, meeting her eyes. "I even got the donation objective for the headset and the keyboard. I can get them now. Thank you, Chaewon, for real. It was thanks to you. You brought so many new people."

"I'm glad I helped, but the merit is yours. This is your stream, after all. And you deserve all those donations. You've been wanting that for so long, so go and get them!"

Hyeju dropped her head. "You already gave me the dock, and now this... How will I thank you properly?"

"You don't have to do anything! Seeing the success it was is more than enough."

"You'll be here to stream with me again, right?"

"Of course. Now I have to play Breath of the Wild on master mood on the next stream."

Hyeju raised her head and offered one of her gummy smiles, but then widened her eyes and shook her head. "I don't mean like I only want you to stream with me because of the viewers or anything, I had lots of fun! Like, for real! And I wanna do it again."

Chaewon chuckled and rested a hand on Hyeju's leg. "I didn't even think that way. I had lots of fun too, and yes, I do want to stream again with you. As long as you want me here."

"I do. I really do."

It couldn't be. The way Hyeju made her feel, all the butterflies setting free on her stomach when Hyeju said something like that, the trembling of her hands, how difficult it suddenly became to breathe.

Whatever Chaewon felt for Hyeju, it couldn't be just admiration.

"I-I should go, Sooyoung and your mom should arrive soon, and I have stuff to study." Chaewon stood up.

"Oh, yeah, you're right."

"Take the rest of the day to rest, will you?"

"What if I want to stream League later?"

"I won't stop you, and you know I would watch, but, you should rest."

"And you should focus on your studies, so, there won't be another stream today."

"Now you say you're doing it because of me?" Chaewon dropped her chin.

"I'm joking. You're right, I will rest. Maybe I'll visit Ryujin after dinner."

"Visit?"

"Yeah. She lives literally next door. I thought you knew we're neighbors."

"Oh, that's why you're childhood friends?"

Hyeju nodded. "We grew up together. I should go see how she's doing after, you know. Jisu told you what happened, right?"

Chaewon sighed. "Yeah. What do you think of it? What did Ryujin tell you?"

"She's... conflicted. But I don't think she's mad at Jisu."

"I hope everything goes well between them."

"Same." Hyeju heaved a sigh.

"Alright, I'll be going now, then. Tell her I said hi."

"Will do. I think I'll take my pajamas and my Switch and I'll stay the night with her."

Chaewon smiled. "You're a really good friend, I bet she would love that. Take sweets as well."

"I will. Knowing Ryujin, she either will want to play and watch until we fall asleep, or she'll want hugs. Maybe actually all of them."

That image popped up on Chaewon's mind, and it was so adorable. But then she realized. "I still don't know what Ryujin looks like. I never met her."

"Oh, let me show you." Hyeju fetched for her phone and scrolled on her gallery, then turned the phone to her. "It's kinda recent."

Chaewon observed the picture, Hyeju smiling at the camera, and Ryujin with a cap turned back, winking.

"Wow, she's pretty. I can see what Jisu means when she says Ryujin's cool."

Hyeju pouted. "Am I not? Pretty and cool?"

"You are!" Chaewon nodded vigorously. "Of course you are, don't get jealous."

"I'm not. Why would I be?"

Chaewon bit back a chuckle. "Exactly, you don't have any reason to be. Okay, I should go now, for real. Thanks for having me again."

Hyeju smiled but avoided her eyes, her hand traveling to her neck.

"What is it?" Chaewon asked.

"N-Nothing. I'll walk you out."

There was definitely something there, but Chaewon didn't insist, and grabbed her bag, turning to the door. But as she was about to reach for the doorknob, a hand grabbed her wrist and yanked her back, her body turning and collapsing against Hyeju's taller one.

"Thank you again for everything, Chaewon."

Chaewon was too stunned to answer. But she melted, her petite body fitting so well against Hyeju. She circled her arms around her torso, burying her head in her chest, and holy was Hyeju's heart beating like crazy.

There was a knock on the door, but the door opened at the same second.

"Hyeju— , sorry, did I... interrupt anything?" Sooyoung's eyes jumped between the girls pulling away and clearing their throats.

"N-No, but next time, wait for me to actually answer!" Hyeju’s nostrils flared.

"Noted. Hi, Gowon!" Sooyoung smiled at her. "I didn't know you were still here."

"H-Hi, I was just leaving."

"Don't you wanna stay for dinner?"

Chaewon glanced at Hyeju, at her balled fists. "No, I need to go back to my dorm and study. But thanks for the invite."

"Okay, but next time, you'll stay, alright?"

"Okay."

"Let's go." Hyeju grabbed Chaewon's wrist and pulled her outside the room.

"Bye, Gowon!" Sooyoung still said as they walked down the stairs.

Hyeju fumed through her nose. "I hate it when she does that. What's the use in knocking if she's just gonna barge in anyway?" She gritted through her teeth.

Chaewon pouted, and as she risked it and reached for her hand, Hyeju relaxed.

"Sorry, she ruined the moment." Hyeju sighed. "But she was right, next time, stay for dinner."

"I will. Don't be mad at her."

"Nah, she'll probably come running apologizing again and asking how was the stream and all. I can't stay mad at her for long."

"Good. For the nth time, I'll be going now." Chaewon giggled. "Bye, Hyeju. Have fun with Ryujin."

"Bye. Tell me when you arrive."

"Will do."

Hyeju opened the door and Chaewon stepped outside, still looking back and waving as she made her out to the bus stop.

All she wanted now was to go back and rest, but she had to still study that damn script. She checked her phone during the ride, to find all the messages from her friends, congratulating her, complimenting the stream, and especially, telling her how cute they were. Jisu seemed a bit more cheerful, but just like Hyeju went to check on Ryujin, she should also call Jisu.

"Oh, for real?" Chaewon dropped her chin at the scene in front of her when she stepped inside her dorm and rushed to close the door behind her.

"Chaewonie!" Jinsol casually greeted, as if she didn't have her hands on the stunned Hyunjin's waist, sitting on her lap, and they weren't kissing just as she opened the door. "The stream! Like, you guys are so cute!"

Chaewon didn't know if she should be more flustered at the comment or the fact that she just walked in on Jinsol and Hyunjin making out on the couch. "T-Thanks. Did I... embarrass myself? Was it actually fun to watch?"

"It was really fun! And we were dying, when you were complimenting each other and all. What was that for? Did you plan that?"

"No, not at all. It just... happened. I don't know why. I'm glad you guys had fun, and I'll go to my room now and leave you to... do what you were doing."

"We'll go to our room soon, anyway. She's spending the night." Jinsol beamed.

Chaewon's eyebrows rose in her forehead. "Good to know. Have fun, but please, keep it down. I need to study."

"Tell that to Hyunjin."

"Hey!" Hyunjin finally spoke, and hit Jinsol's arm.

"Why was Jinsol the shy one the other night, but now it's Hyunjin?" Chaewon irked an eyebrow.

"I was because of Hyunjin! She was all like, go tell her to off—"

"I didn't say that!" Another slap across Jinsol's arm. "I was just panicking because I didn't know she would come back so soon!"

"Guys, don't fight because of me, okay?" Chaewon shook her head and walked over to the kitchen to grab something to eat.

"There's kimbab Hyunjin made for dinner in the fridge!" Jinsol said. "It's delicious."

"For me? Thanks, Hyunjin."

"I figured you would arrive hungry."

With her food, Chaewon went to her room, bidding them good night. Finally, she hit her bed, letting out a sigh.

She had her food to eat. She had to call Jisu. She had to study her script.

But her mind couldn't stop replaying everything like a broken record. Their silly compliment challenge, the way Hyeju got shy, the comments from everyone. Hyeju must have seen them as well.

Chaewon had convinced herself that whatever she felt for Hyeju was admiration, like a fan admiring their idol, and she kept on believing it, even after her friends told her otherwise. But now she knew, and even if she tried to deny or ignore it, she couldn't.

She really was falling for Hyeju.

Or, had already fallen.

---

A/N: Did anyone order a big dose of fluff? And Gowon, ffs, that was so obvious................... 

The next chapter is fluffy too, with a pinch of a traum-- I mean, past reveal! :)))

Twitter - @itzloonatic
CuriousCat - curiouscat.me/itzloonatic