What should I call you?

One plus One, Two plus Two

Chaewon couldn’t believe it took her so long to visit Café Rosy. That iced vanilla latte was so good she was already craving another. But she didn’t want to go again right on the next day. But she also didn't want to go only in the next week. She went last Tuesday, so... going on Friday was okay. Right?

"Bye guys, have a nice weekend!" Chaewon waved at her friends, walking away and trying to not give them time to stop her.

"Hey! Where are you going?" Hyunjin shouted, and Chaewon couldn't just ignore her.

"J-Jinsol's waiting for me to... help her with something?"

"Why was that a question?" Heejin laughed. "You're lying!"

"She's going to Café Rosy, I just know it." Yeji huffed, crossing her arms. "And she doesn't even invite her friends... knowing so well I'm dying to try those amazing cakes."

Chaewon's face warmed up.

"Let her go, eventually we will go with her," Jisu said.

If she was to go with her friends, it would be more natural. Not just like Chaewon going on purpose to meet Hyeju, but more like, her bringing her friends to the café! And more and new customers was always nice, right?

"Okay, let's go," Chaewon said, and the pout on Yeji's face faded even faster, a bright smile replacing it. "I didn't get the chance to eat something there the first time, but the iced vanilla latte was really good."

"YAY!" Yeji threw her fists in the air. "Thank you, Chaewon! You're the best!"

Chaewon waved it away and led the way to the bus station. It was normal for them to hang out on Fridays after school. Ever since the first year of high school that it had become a ritual for the five girls, since they all met in that exact year and clicked right away.

Twenty minutes later, the bus stopped and they hopped off.

"There it is," Chaewon said, pointing at the other side of the road.

"Uh, looks really nice." Heejin nodded.

"Let's go, I got super hungry during the ride." Hyunjin led the way now.

Chaewon's heart started beating faster as they approached. Hyunjin opened the door, the bell above ringing.

"Welcome!" Jiwoo bowed from behind the counter.

While Yeji and Hyunjin ran to scan the food on the display and Jisu and Heejin took a look around, Chaewon approached and greeted Jiwoo back.

"You're back!" Jiwoo beamed at her.

"Yeah, I thought I should pay another visit and maybe get another iced vanilla latte. Or a different one this time?" Chaewon scanned the menu above.

"Can I recommend something?" Jiwoo asked, and Chaewon nodded. "Strawberry frappuccino! It's my favorite."

"Oh, Gowon!" Sooyoung suddenly appeared at Jiwoo's side. Chaewon had noticed her, preparing a couple of drinks. "Can I call you Gowon?"

"My name is Chaewon, but Gowon is fine."

"I like Gowon. Did you come to see Hyeju? I'm sorry, she's not here now. She's working part-time, but I'm sure she would appreciate a visit! I can tell you where it is." Sooyoung gave her a sly smile.

Chaewon blinked, the info swirling around in her mind. Part-time? She had another job? Now, that was something she didn't know. "I-"

"And would you be so kind to take her a drink and a snack? That girl gets hungry all the time, especially when she's working at the store."

"I-I came with my friends, actually." Chaewon cocked her head to her right side, where Yeji was having a breakdown over what to choose to eat, and Jisu laughed at her. "Ever since they saw the cakes on your Instagram, they couldn't stop begging me to bring them here."

"Oh, I see." The grin on Sooyoung's lips faded for a second, but her face lit up again. "Thank you for bringing in your friends! I'll make sure to prepare your drinks with extra care."

"Okay, I'm decided! I want the blueberry cheesecake!" Yeji stepped in front of Chaewon, not minding if she was done ordering or not, card in hand. "And a white chocolate frappuccino!"

"Sure thing!" Sooyoung took her order.

Chaewon observed as her friends ordered one by one, only noticing now that Heejin already had her food and drink, but was still in front of Jiwoo, laughing way too hard at something she said. In fact, Chaewon only hadn't ordered because she was still pondering Sooyoung's words. Everyone had their food already, and Chaewon told them to go ahead and pick a table while she chose.

"I'll visit Hyeju and bring her the food," she told Sooyoung.

A smirk made its way to Sooyoung's lips. "Great! Wait just a second then, I'll prepare everything, and I'll tell you where it is."

Chaewon nodded and tapped her foot on the floor. She glanced at Jiwoo, who leaned forward with her hands on the counter, and the girl was frozen in place, her eyes somewhere. Chaewon followed her line of sight, and it landed exactly on where her friends were sitting. And while Yeji and Hyunjin died as they took their first bite of their food and Jisu kept laughing at them, Heejin turned her neck back, smiling, and focused ahead again, taking a sip on her drink. Frowning, Chaewon looked again at Jiwoo, and now, her cheeks were visibly redder, her face down as she pretended to count the coins in her cash register, trying to hide her own smile.

"Here it is!" Sooyoung's voice brought Chaewon back. "There's an iced americano and choco-chip muffin for Hyeju, and the hot americano and the slice of cheesecake are for Jungeun, my girlfriend."

Chaewon's eyebrow rose on her forehead. "Y-Your girlfriend?"

"She works with Hyeju! They're both working now. Is it too much? Oh my god, I'm sorry, I should have asked you first if it was okay to take things for her as well!"

"No, no!" Chaewon waved her hands, easing the girl. "It's okay! I'll take it to them."

"Thank you so much! I'm gonna prepare your strawberry frappuccino in a second, and like I said the last time, this one is on the house."

"You don't need to, it's okay!"

"No, for real, I insist." Sooyoung moved to the drinks. "Hyeju works at a gaming store quite close, around ten minutes on foot from here. You can also take the bus if you want to."

A gaming store. Could there be a more suited place for Hyeju to work at? Just to make sure Chaewon wouldn't get lost, she wrote the address on her phone.

"Here you go." Sooyoung handed her the strawberry frappuccino and gave her a bow of her head. "Thank you so much again!"

"No problem, thanks for the drink."

"See you next time!" Sooyoung waved, and since Chaewon had both hands full, she smiled and gave her a little bow as well.

Chaewon approached her friends, receiving weird looks from them.

"What took you so long?" Hyunjin frowned, eyeing the bag in her hand.

"Sorry, we started eating without you," Jisu said.

"I'm not sorry at all! This is so delicious, how could I wait?" Yeji took the last bite of her cheesecake.

"It's okay, actually I am sorry, I won't be staying with you."

It was Heejin's turn to frown at her, noticing the bag as well. "Where are you going? And what's that?"

"I'm gonna visit Hyeju at her part-time. Sooyoung, her sister, told me to bring her food."

Her friends exchanged a look, and Jisu patted her . "Of course, go ahead!"

"Don't be sorry, go and have fun with Hyeju!" Hyunjin motioned for the door.

"Wow, you guys seem even happy that I'm leaving."

"We're happy that you're gonna be with Hyeju!" Heejin said.

Yeji nodded, giving her a thumbs-up, her cheeks puffed as she chewed the last piece of her cheesecake.

"Alright, have fun, guys." Chaewon went for the door, hiding her smile as her friends cheered for her.

Since she had a hot drink for Sooyoung's girlfriend, she rushed through the streets, hoping she memorized the place well. That was the reason why she almost ran. Not because she was way too eager to see Hyeju, especially while she worked in a gaming store. She took sips after sips of her strawberry frappuccino, and as she took the next right turn, she found herself in a small plaza. Just like Sooyoung mentioned, Chaewon could see the small store on the other side.

Before stepping inside, she checked the products on display behind the thick window showcase. Not only games and consoles, but also smartphones, computers, and all kinds of other accessories were neatly organized along the four shelves. And looking past them, she could see Hyeju behind the counter, talking to some customer.

Bracing herself with a deeper breath, she stepped inside the store. The left wall was covered with shelves filled with games, from the entrance to the back of the store. On the right side, glass windows from the floor to the ceiling protected the other kind of products on display. She took a few more steps deeper inside the store.

"Welcome."

Chaewon faced the voice. A blonde girl smiled at her from behind the counter. That was probably Sooyoung's girlfriend. The girl stood next to Hyeju, who was so focused on whatever she had in her hands that she didn't notice her there.

"Hi." Chaewon greeted back, but quickly averted her attention to the shelves filled with games on her left side.

Playstation 4 games, Playstation 3 games, (even Playstation 2 games?), xBox games, until finally, she reached the Nintendo Switch shelf. Yeah, only one shelf dedicated to Switch games. There was actually a game she wanted to try, so she looked for it among the games displayed in alphabetic order. But it wasn't there. She also noticed how the prices were lower than usual. Why was that?

Peeking behind her, the guy who Hyeju talked with was just leaving, and there wasn't anyone else in the store, so, that was the moment. As he walked away and Hyeju wished him a good evening, Chaewon approached, and the second Hyeju noticed her there, her eyes went huge, and Chaewon couldn't contain the ear to ear grin that wanted to rip from her lips.

"Hi, Hyeju."

"Hey."

"I went to the café, and since you weren't there, Sooyoung told me you were working and would probably like a visit." Chaewon raised the bag in her hand. "Also, she sent you coffee and food. And for Jungeun too."

Hyeju blinked, staring at the bag.

"For me?" the blonde girl said. "She sent us food through you? Wait..." She approached her, squinting at Chaewon. "You're that girl with the YouTube channel! Sooyoung says Hyeju really likes your—"

"She knows." Hyeju cut her off.

Chaewon's cheeks warmed up. "Y-Yeah, that's me. Can I set the bag here?" Chaewon placed the bag on top of the counter and in front of Hyeju's small laptop and removed Jungeun's americano and cheesecake. "I hope the coffee is still hot enough."

Jungeun reached for it. "Awn, thank you so much!"

"Thank your girlfriend too." Chaewon smiled, and as she focused ahead on Hyeju again, she found several other games exposed on top of the shelf behind the counter. Then, her eyes went huge. "Fire Emblem Three Houses! You have the game here, after all!"

Hyeju looked back, then at Chaewon again. "You know that game?"

"I've been watching gameplays and reviews, and it looks so cool. Have you played it?"

But instead of an answer, Hyeju turned to Jungeun. "Can I take a ten minute break?"

"Sure. Enjoy your break!" Jungeun said, hiding in the corner against the wall as she ate her cheesecake.

Hyeju grabbed the bag. "Let's go outside."

Chaewon followed without a word. Hyeju crossed the road right in front of the store and sat on a nearby bench, setting the bag beside her. Chaewon sat too, watching as she took a long drag of her iced americano, sighing in satisfaction.

"Thank you for bringing me this," Hyeju said, removing the muffin from the small card box. "I was getting really hungry."

"You're welcome. And Sooyoung did say you were probably getting super hungry."

Hyeju had her hair caught up in a high ponytail again, dressed in black jeans and an oversized, comfy looking sweater with a print of Breath of the Wild both at the front and back.

"My sister sometimes brings us food, if she has the time," Hyeju said. "It was because of it that she met Jungeun, the first time she visited me when I started working here. Then she started visiting way more often, and I knew I wasn't the reason." She chuckled, taking a huge bite of her muffin.

Chaewon laughed along. "That's really cute. For how long have you been working here?"

"I started in July."

"Do you like working here? I had no idea you worked part-time."

"Yeah, I don't mention it often. I like it here. It's easy, it's related to something I love, and since it's a part-time, I can still help at the café."

Chaewon nodded. "I noticed there are games at super low prices?"

"This is a second handed store. Everything here was sold to us."

"Oh, that explains it. So people can sell their games here?"

"And everything else. That's also what makes the job fun, I get to test people's phones and consoles and everything." Hyeju paused. "You asked for Fire Emblem. Do you have a Switch?"

Chaewon nodded.

"I can lend you the game if you want," Hyeju said. "I've played it already."

"Oh, no, it's okay! Thank you, though, but I like to own the games. But if you recommend it, I'll definitely try it."

"It's so good! Like, amazingly good. I'm sure you're gonna love it. And promise me you're gonna take Edelgard's route."

And Chaewon found it so adorable how Hyeju always got so enthusiastic whenever she talked about video games. "Don't worry, I will. From what I saw, her class looks the best one."

"It really is! What games have you played?"

"Kirby, Mario Kart, and the one I play the most, Animal Crossing."

Hyeju stared at her, straw between her lips, and chuckled after swallowing the coffee. "Nice ones. What about Breath of the Wild? That's like, mandatory."

Chaewon knew how that was Hyeju’s favorite game of all time. She had mentioned it several times on stream already, and even how she wished she could stream it. Chaewon scratched her neck. "Yeah, I know, but it's not my kind of game." Hyeju's face dropped as if Chaewon had offended her. "The game is amazing, and I know it's your favorite game! I love it too, but I'm not good with it."

Hyeju pouted. "Have you tried it, at least?"

"N-No."

"Then, how do you know? You could be good at it!"

"And you, have you played Animal Crossing?"

"No. The game is really cute, but I think I would get bored easily."

"How do you know? You could get addicted to it!"

They stared at each other until both burst out laughing together.

"The game is super fun, there's no way you could get bored because there's always so much to do," Chaewon said, taking the last sip on her drink. "This is great, by the way. I took my friends to the café today, and they loved everything."

"Thank you so much. I'm glad they liked it. New people coming to the café is always great."

"I'm sure they won't go anywhere else from now on."

"Will you go too?"

"Of course."

Hyeju looked down at the last piece of her muffin and stuffed it in , but Chaewon could see the small smile there.

"I fell asleep with your new video yesterday," Hyeju said. "Did you plan it before I said those were my favs?"

Heat quickly spread on the back of Chaewon's neck. "No. But since I still didn't know what I wanted to do for my next video and you said that, I recorded it right when I got home that day. Did you like it?"

"A lot. Thank you. I'll have to listen to it tonight again because I fell asleep like midway into the video, and I want to listen to whatever you have to say after that."

Chaewon didn't want to smile so brightly, but she couldn't stop it. "I'm glad you liked it. Thank you as well for giving me the idea."

"I'm glad I could help." Hyeju sipped the remaining of her coffee and stood up. "I should head back, I don't wanna leave Jungeun alone. We normally get more customers at this hour"

"I'll be one right now." Chaewon jumped on her feet as well. "I'll take Fire Emblem."

Hyeju nodded and led the way back to the store. Jungeun was busy selling a few games to a couple of kids, and Hyeju rushed to her place. She fetched the Fire Emblem box from the back shelf, looked for the game among the thousands of games organized on the back wall, and scanned it on her laptop. But she paused, and Chaewon wondered why. Then, the boys left, happy with their games, and Hyeju turned to Jungeun. "Can I use my discount to sell her this game?"

Jungeun bit back a laugh. "Go ahead."

Chaewon irked an eyebrow. "Discount?"

"You know, we work here, we get a discount." Hyeju shrugged, typing something on the laptop.

"You didn't have to, but thank you." Chaewon handed her the card to pay for the game, even cheaper now.

"You still haven't said anything on my stream, have you?"

"I will. Today."

Hyeju glared at her and handed her the game. "You better. I'll be looking for KirbyWon's comment."

"I promise I will." Chaewon stuffed the game in her bag. "I'll be going now, then. Thanks again."

"Thank you for the food." Jungeun waved at her. “Come back anytime!”

"I will. Bye, Hyeju."

"Bye, Go— Actually, w-what should I call you?"

"My name's Chaewon, but Gowon is fine. Your sister was the exact same today." She chuckled.

But while Sooyoung stuck with Gowon, Hyeju had a different opinion.

"Bye then, Chaewon."

With a quick bow, Chaewon turned, dashing for the door so Hyeju wouldn't see how red her cheeks had become.

---

A/N: no cuz they CUTE AF

lipves is already official, but what was that between chuu and heejin...........? :'))))

and of course Chaewon is gonna take Edelgard's route tho...... that's not even a question

MORE NEW CHARACTERS TO SHOW UP IN THE NEXT CHAPTER!!!!!!!!!!!!

Twitter - @itzloonatic
CuriousCat - curiouscat.me/itzloonatic