Do it with me

One plus One, Two plus Two

"Chaewon, wanna go to the library and study?" Hyunjin asked as they stepped outside the classroom after the last class of the day.

"Oh, hmm..." Chaewon had already decided she would go visit Hyeju at the store that day. But, instead of going right away and be with her for only ten minutes because Hyeju was still mid-shift, what if she went later and waited for her outside when they closed the store? "Let's go to my dorm instead."

A smile flashed on Hyunjin's lips, but it lasted one second. "Sure."

They headed outside then, Chaewon thinking if she should or should not a bit.

"Jinsol misses you, you know," she said, peeking at her and holding her laugh when Hyunjin's eyes went huge.

"She what?"

"She's always like, ‘when is Hyunjin coming over again? Is she coming soon? Bring her over! Tell her to come and make us dinner!’" Chaewon shook her head. "Why doesn't she invite you herself, though? I don't mind telling you, but wouldn't it be even better if she invited you directly?"

"I don't know. I don't know what I would answer. So maybe it's better like this, so I don't make a fool out of myself."

"Okay, then pretend I didn't just say this and invited you, and text her saying you're coming over and you'll be making dinner."

"A-Am I?"

"Don't you want to?"

Hyunjin always pretended to be a tough girl, but even Chaewon melted when she smiled shyly like that. She had a very well hidden cute side that she wasn't sure even Jinsol knew about.

"What does Jinsol want to eat?" Hyunjin asked.

"Well, exactly, text her and ask it yourself. She'll love it."

And for the rest of the five minute walk, Hyunjin had her eyes glued to the screen, typing and typing and erasing and typing more.

", I don't know what to say!" Hyunjin whined.

"Gimme that." Chaewon stole her phone from her hands and talked as she typed. "Hey Jinsol, hope you're fine, but you'll be even better! I'll be coming over to study with Chaewon, and I'll stay to cook dinner. What do you wanna eat?"

"W-Wait-"

"Sent." Chaewon handed her the phone back before taking her keys out of her bag.

Hyunjin had turned to stone, her hand barely grabbing the phone.

"What? It wasn't hard. She's probably in class now, she'll answer when she's done. Oh, she'll be so happy, I can even see her face."

Hyunjin followed her up to the first floor in silence, as if the reality was still crashing on her. Half an hour into their theory of acting study session, Hyunjin's phone vibrated on the table. She almost threw the pen away to reach for the phone, her lips extending into an ear to ear grin as she read it.

"Will you read it or do I need to steal your phone again?" Chaewon asked.

"She's happy. She wants japchae."

"She didn't say just that. Let me see!"

Hyunjin extended her arm away from Chaewon's grasp, and she would never be able to reach for it. She pouted instead, crossing her arms.

"You always make fun of me about Hyeju, it's only fair."

"And you blackmailing me is unfair."

"Oh, is it now? I promise I won't make fun of you. I just want to see what Jinsol said."

"Why do you care so much?"

"Because it's about you and her! And I care about my friends and their happiness!"

Hyunjin sighed, and rolling her eyes, she dropped her phone on the table in front of Chaewon and went back to her book.

[Jinsol]
Omg, hi Hyunjin! you're right, I was fine, but now that I know I'll be seeing you later and eating your delicious food made me soooooo happy! I miss you 😢 you can cook whatever you want, but if I may ask, I would love to eat japchae! I still have a class at school and a private one, so I'll only be arriving around seven. Thank you Hyunjin, you're the sweetest. Love you 😘

"You literally look like a couple already!" Chaewon said.

"You said you wouldn't make fun!"

"I'm not! I'm both soft as , but also frustrated because you both are so obvious and yet, there you are, not actually being a couple."

"She's just being overly nice."

"No, she's not! Yes, she is super nice to everybody, but not like this."

Hyunjin held her gaze for a few seconds, shrugged, and dove back into her book. Chaewon rolled her eyes but did the same. There was as much as she could do to help.

"Do you have glass noodles and everything for me to make japchae?" Hyunjin asked.

"I don't think so. Wanna take a break and go shopping?"

Chaewon checked the time on her phone as they made their way down the road to the convenience store. Six thirty. She knew Hyeju's store closed at seven, so she should hurry. After getting everything they needed from the convenience store, they went back to Chaewon's dorm, but instead of setting herself down again to study, she grabbed her bag, making sure the dock was there.

"I'm gonna go visit Hyeju at the shop," she said by the door.

Hyunjin turned to her, groceries in her hands. "You what?"

"I have something to give to her."

"But what about dinner?"

Chaewon smirked. "Have fun with Jinsol."

"N-No, wait!" Hyunjin dashed to Chaewon's side, grabbing her wrist before she could leave. "You're gonna leave me alone in here? With Jinsol?!"

"And shouldn't you be thanking me?"

All the color vanished from Hyunjin's cheeks. "You evil , you planned this."

"It sorta just happened. I did plan on visiting Hyeju today, though. And that's what I'm gonna do. Make yourself at home! I'll be back later."

"Please don't do this."

Chaewon glared at her. She grabbed Hyunjin's face, pressing hard against her cheeks. "Who are you? Aren't you Kim Hyunjin? Is Kim Hyunjin afraid of being left alone with Jung Jinsol? Don't be pathetic. The Kim Hyunjin I know isn't afraid of anything."

She prayed that it did the trick. Hyunjin's eyebrows drew together.

"You're right. Being alone with Jinsol? Piece of cake," Hyunjin said. "I can do it. I can. I've beaten guys bigger than me, this is nothing. I just need to cook dinner and enjoy my time with Jinsol."

Chaewon beamed and pinched her cheeks. "There she is! I really need to go now, I wanna be there when Hyeju finishes her shift. See you later!"

"Have fun with Hyeju! And thanks, Chaewon!"

Waving, Chaewon stormed outside, rushing down the stairs and the road to the bus station. She had checked before hand, and one of the buses stopped right in front of Hyeju's store. And luck must be on her side, because she only had to wait for a minute for that bus to appear.

The ride to the store took only ten minutes, and she couldn't keep her legs still during the ride. All the possibilities flashed on her mind. Hyeju being happy with the visit and the gift, Hyeju telling her she couldn't even be with her for a minute because she had to rush home, Hyeju feeling bad about the gift. She shook her head. No use in wasting her energy and suffering from anticipation.

Chaewon hopped down the bus, and as it drove away, she stared ahead at the store on the other side of the road. The lights inside were on, but the store was closed already, the outside grid pulled down, blocking the entrance and the showcase. Hyeju should be leaving any minute now, they were probably counting and closing the cashiers and cleaning the store and all of that extra work after the store was actually closed.

She could make figures inside, heading towards the front door now. Chaewon's heart drummed in her chest, and she took a step back, leaning her back against the bus stop. The lights inside turned off, and the grid rose as Hyeju and a tall guy ducked to leave. Hyeju stood there, looking down at her phone, while the guy closed the door, and then the grid, locking it near the ground.

"Good job today, as always." He smiled at Hyeju, holding a fist, and Hyeju bumped it with hers. "Rest well during your days off and have fun streaming!"

"Thanks, rest well too."

And while the guy, with a beanie on his head and two thick rings in each ear, turned to leave, Hyeju faced ahead, her eyes growing big the same second as her feet glued to the ground. Chaewon smiled.

"Hey, Hyeju."

Hyeju grinned, looking at both sides before crossing the road in big steps. "Chaewon. What are you doing here? Did you need anything from the store?"

"No. I felt like paying you a visit and ask you if you wanna go grab something to eat or take a walk or... something. I understand if you need to go home, though."

Hyeju stared at her. She wore a big, black bomber jacket over a basic also black sweatshirt. Her hair was down that day, reaching her chest. It didn't matter what she wore. Hyeju was stunning.

"I actually am hungry," Hyeju said. "There's a Subway near the river."

She wasn't rejected. Not this time.

"Subway sounds great," Chaewon said.

"Nice." Hyeju led the way, and Chaewon walked at her side.

"I hope you didn't find it weird that I was here waiting for you after your shift."

"No! No, not at all. I was just surprised. You could have warned me."

"I wanted it to be a surprise."

"Then you nailed it."

Chaewon smiled, staring down at the ground as they walked.

"How was your day? And Jungeun wasn't working today?"

"It was alright, tiring, as usual. She did the morning shift. I closed the shop with Yeonjun. He's my boss. Well, one of them, there's still someone above him."

"He seemed nice."

"He is, yes. He even watches my streams sometimes."

"That's cute."

"Have you started Fire Emblem yet?"

"I did, but I didn't play much. But I already chose Edelgard's class. They're all so nice!"

"Right! Her class is perfect. Petra's my fav. She's just... I love her."

"I can't choose a favorite yet, they're so many!"

They kept their conversation about the game all during the walk to the Subway. Chaewon already knew that in order to avoid awkward silences, all she needed was to talk about video games. She couldn't get tired of listening to Hyeju explaining why she loved Petra, or the game overall, telling Chaewon time and time again how she would love the game.

"Wanna sit here or outside by the river?" Hyeju asked after getting her sandwich.

"Outside sounds nice."

Sitting on an empty bench, they dug into their food. And while Chaewon gave small bites to her, savoring her teriyaki chicken sandwich, Hyeju devoured hers. Chaewon tried, but she couldn't suppress the chuckle.

"Sorry, am I making a mess?" Hyeju looked down, as if she expected to find a stain on her clothes.

"No, no! It's just... cute."

"Sooyoung is always telling me to eat slowly, but when I'm hungry, I just can't."

Chaewon nodded, while still eating hers. Then remembered how she probably knew everything she had been saying because of Jisu and Ryujin, and her cheeks grew warmer.

"Did you know Ryujin is working with my friend Jisu?" she asked. If she kept it casual, it shouldn't be a problem.

"Yeah. What are the chances, right? Ryujin was the one telling me about your channel, and now she's helping and getting help from your friend. What a small world this is."

"Right! When I and Jisu realized it was your friend Ryujin, we were like that as well. I think they're getting along well. Jisu says Ryujin is super cool."

"I think so too. I'm glad Ryujin got someone to help her. I was afraid she wouldn't."

"Why?"

Hyeju widened her eyes for a second. "B-Because college students are normally busy, and helping with her photography project would take time and all."

"Oh, right." Chaewon had a feeling that wasn't all. "In fact, I think they were going to meet today. I hope they had fun, or are having, I don't know if they're still together."

Hyeju's phone rang. She reached for her pocket and irked an eyebrow. "Speaking of the devil, Ryujin's calling me. Mind if I take it?"

"Of course not, go ahead."

"Hey, Ryujin, what's up? I'm with Chaewon. What happened?" Hyeju frowned. "You sure? Alright, I'll call you when I get home. Bye."

"Is everything okay?"

Hyeju stuffed her phone into her jacket's pocket and shook her head. "I don't think so. But she said she would talk to me later, she didn't know I was with you and didn't want to interrupt. But she didn't seem well. Did... did something happen with her and Jisu?"

"I don't know. Jisu didn't say anything." Chaewon checked her phone nonetheless, and there was nothing. Not a text, not a call. "I'll call Jisu later to check on her."

"I hope they're fine."

"If you're worried, just go home and call Ryujin," Chaewon said, even though it wasn't really what she wanted.

"But we just got here. I know Ryujin, if it was something really urgent, she would tell me right away."

"Alright. Then, I'll go straight to the real reason why I decided to visit you today." Chaewon finished her sandwich, threw the paper away, cleaned her hands, and opened her bag, all while Hyeju stared at her with an irked eyebrow. "I have something for you."

"For me?"

"Yeah." Chaewon grabbed the small box and took it out, stuffing it on Hyeju's lap. "Here."

Hyeju looked down, and slowly, as if scared, grabbed the box, her lips parted. "W-What is this, Chaewon?"

"A Switch dock, so you can stream Switch games."

Hyeju's chin dropped low. She stared at it, looking at all sides of the box, then at Chaewon. "Why... This is expensive!"

"I kinda feared you would say that." Chaewon sighed. "Don't worry about it. If I couldn't afford it, I wouldn't. You said you wanted to stream Switch games, so I wanted to get you one. That one seems really nice, it has great reviews and it's really small and portable-"

Chaewon's rumble was cut out when Hyeju threw herself at her, circling her arms around her shoulders to pull her into a hug. Chaewon turned to stone, even her breathing getting stuck in . Hyeju pulled away even faster, looking down at her lap with her face redder.

"I-I'm sorry." Hyeju glanced at her. "God, this is awkward."

"No, I'm sorry, you just... got me surprised." Chaewon fidgeted with her own hands on her lap. "Please accept it. I'm looking forward to watching you play Breath of the Wild."

"Chaewon, I... is it really okay for me to accept this?"

"Of course! I got it for you."

Hyeju faced her, and Chaewon swore her eyes gleamed under the street lights. "Thank you so much. I don't know what else I can say. I'm a bit overwhelmed. I didn't expect this."

"You don't need to say anything. I just want you to use it well and have fun with it."

"I will. In fact, do it with me."

"Do what?"

"My first Switch stream. Do it with me. Let's play Mario Kart.”

Chaewon held her gaze in silence. "Are you serious?"

"Yes. This weekend, you can come over to my house, help me set it up, and you'll be there with me. What do you say?"

Holy. .

"Yes. Yes, I would love to, Hyeju. Just prepare to get your beaten on stream. I'm great at Mario Kart."

"Is that right? I'll practice a lot, then. Oh, man, I can't believe I can stream Switch games now. I've been wanting one for so long."

"Why didn't you get one? You receive some donations and have a few subscribers on Twitch."

Hyeju dropped her head, gripping the box between her hands. "It's complicated."

A wave of guilt hit Chaewon. She shouldn't have said that.

"I-I'm sorry. I didn't mean to... be rude."

"No, you weren't. It is true that I could get a Switch dock with the money I make from my part-time job and Twitch, I could even get more games and better equipment for my streams, but... My family needs it more than me."

Chaewon's heart hurt her chest. She opened to say something, again and again, but nothing came.

"I... I don't know what you're going through, but whatever it is, everything's gonna be fine."

Hyeju eyed her and chuckled. "Gowon ASMR strikes again."

"Sorry, I don't know what else to say."

"Do you wanna know?"

"What?"

"What I'm going through."

"You don't need to tell me."

"But can I?"

"You want to tell me?"

"Yeah."

Chaewon turned her body towards Hyeju, sitting on top of her left leg. "Then I wanna listen."

Hyeju put the dock inside her bag first before doing the same as Chaewon, but fidgeted with the zipper of her jacket as the silence filled the air.

"Take your time," Chaewon said in barely a whisper.

"My dad is fighting cancer."

And in the thousand possibilities that popped up in Chaewon's mind over the last couple of minutes, that sure wasn't one of them. She gulped, but didn't say anything. She had no idea what to, anyway.

"He worked as a dealer in a casino, and he loved it, even though it was rough on his schedules and all. But it's unfair as that he never put a damn cigarette in his lips and yet, because of all that people constantly smoking at the casino, he was the one getting lung cancer." Hyeju scoffed, her fists balling in her lap. Chaewon reached for them, engulfing both in her trembling hands, bringing Hyeju to meet her eyes. She relaxed, and Chaewon forced herself to do the same. "He started having weird cough attacks, trouble breathing, and when he coughed blood, I knew something was going on. So, after going to the hospital and under several diagnoses, boom, lung cancer."

"Hyeju, I'm so sorry."

Hyeju shook her head with a small smile. "He wanted to get surgery, but it could be dangerous, so he started on chemotherapy, but the first one wasn't exactly helping, so about a couple of months ago, he started doing another kind of chemotherapy, plus radiotherapy. And all of that isn't cheap, at all. And needless to say he had to quit his job at the casino, which he loved, and even though it was because of it that he got the damn cancer, he was still devastated about it." She paused and sighed. "Since the majority of our income was from his job, and the treatment is so expensive, we had to do something else. My mom quit the job she had at a nearby coffee shop to help my dad in the first months, then, because she already had experience, decided to open café Rosy in January. Sooyoung volunteered right away to help, and I wanted to do the same. So I gave up on going to college and started working full time there as well."

Chaewon couldn't suppress the gasp. "You gave up on going to college?"

"Yeah, but whatever. I was not sure if I wanted to or not. Then my mom found another job, which is great, so Sooyoung became responsible for the café, and we hired more people. Jiwoo, Haseul, and Vivi, the five of us take care of it pretty well. Well, and Yeojin, she likes to pretend she works there sometimes and helps around." Hyeju chuckled.

"Your younger sister?"

"Yeah, I don't think you've met her yet. And unlike me, she really wants to go to college. She's a high school graduate, so she needs to study a lot. And Yeojin going to college means another big expense on our shoulders. So, I decided I wanted to at least try doing streams, not only because I honestly love it, and it would be my dream to build a career around it, but also to get more possible money. And then I got the part-time, which is also a great help. Now my dad is in a more stable phase, this chemo he's doing is improving his condition. And that's all I want. For him to beat that damn cancer and can be back at his life. Just not at the casino."

In absence of words, Chaewon reached forward, and was her turn to pull Hyeju into a hug, squeezing her around her arms. Chaewon sniffed, also not wanting to show how hard she was holding her tears back.

"You're... you're amazing, Hyeju," Chaewon whispered, and wasn't able to hold that one little tear that rolled down her eye.

"I'm not doing anything special, but thanks."

Chaewon pulled away so Hyeju could see the frown on her face. "How are you not? You're holding three jobs to help your family!"

Hyeju shrugged. "Whatever I can do to help."

"Why did you want to tell me this?"

"S-Sorry, did I overshare?"

"No! I said I wanted to listen. Just... it sounds like something really personal."

Hyeju didn't say anything for a few moments, as if wondering about it herself. "True, it's not something a lot of people know. But I felt like I could trust you, and that you would understand. Honestly, talking about it feels nice too, just rumble and let it out sometimes, instead of always holding it inside. So… thank you, for listening."

Chaewon felt like hugging her again, but she contained it. "Thank you for trusting me. And I'm really glad your dad is getting better. He'll make it, Hyeju. I know it."

"You're always that positive, or are you just used to saying that after whispering positive affirmations for half an hour?"

Chaewon playfully punched Hyeju's arm, turning her into a fit of high pitched giggles.

"Both. Maybe doing ASMR videos about it helps me believe it as well. But I truly believe what I'm saying, Hyeju. I hope you believe so too. Both that you're amazing, and that your dad will make it."

Hyeju smiled. "I try."

"I'll tell you how many times you need. Or, whisper. Whichever you prefer."

"I'll keep that in mind. Now that we're at it, tell me, why did you decide to have an ASMR channel?"

"Ever since I was a kid and watched cartoons and played video games, I was so fascinated with the voices. Like, someone has to give voice and life to these characters, right? So, when I was younger, I would say I wanted to be a voice actress."

Hyeju laughed, her eyebrows high on her forehead. "Really? That's so wholesome."

"Yeah, but I guess that it was just a dream of a kid, you know? I didn't think I would actually be pursuing that when I grew up. But then, in high school, Jisu would always tell me how my voice was so unique, and since she also knew about that dream of mine, she, Hyunjin, and the others were always encouraging me to try it. So here I am, a second-year acting student."

"That’s very cute, but that didn't answer my question about the ASMR channel."

"Oh, right." Chaewon chuckled at herself. "In my last year of high school, Jisu also said I should do ASMR, kind of like a joke, but I kept thinking about it. I was gonna become a college student, and I had to find a house closer to the one I wanted to get in, so it wouldn't be cheap. So, I started a channel. It kinda blew up quickly, I still don't know how or why, but I really enjoy doing it, and it pays the bills."

"And a Switch dock, I see."

"Exactly." Chaewon beamed. "Some people used to make fun of my voice when I was younger because it used to be even more high pitched, but I'm glad my friends encouraged me. Even though my degree doesn't have any specific class about voice acting, I'm still learning a lot about acting in general and improving the way I use my voice."

"I'm glad you followed what you really wanted to do. I can't wait to watch a show with a character voiced by you. Or play a game!"

"Watch me voice a character from a future Zelda game."

"That would become my favorite Zelda game instantly."

Chaewon took a hand to her chest, her chin dropping low. "Oh my, even more than Breath of the Wild?"

Hyeju nodded vigorously. "Totally. And those who made fun of you. Your voice is great."

"T-Thanks. For real, whenever someone compliments my voice, I get all shy. And you did that, twice when we met."

"That's right, I did. Well, it's true. There's something about your voice that is just so soothing, so calming. Whenever you whisper that everything will be fine, that I worked hard and tomorrow is another day and it will be great, I just believe you."

Chaewon looked away, trying to hide the stupid grin on her lips. "Now you're doing it on purpose."

Hyeju chuckled. "Alright, I was. But it's still a fact."

Now, it was Chaewon's phone ringing. She was so immersive in her conversation with Hyeju that she almost jumped on her seat, reaching for her pocket. It was a message from Jisu.

[Jisu]
Are you with Hyeju? Call me when you're free, pls. I ed up and I don't know what to do.

"Uh..." Chaewon eyed Hyeju. "Something definitely happened between them. Jisu said she ed up."

"Jisu ed up? What, why? What did she do?"

"I don't know, she wants to talk. Just like Ryujin wants to talk to you. I guess we should go and attend to our bffs love matters." Chaewon sighed, worry washing over.

"Yeah. I'm both curious and scared to know what happened."

"Same. Well then, let's go?"

They stood up and walked back the same way in silence.

"I'm gonna walk to the café, see if they need help closing and then I'll go with Sooyoung back home," Hyeju said.

"Even after the whole day of work, you're still worried if they need help. See what I mean when I said you're amazing?"

Hyeju took a hand to her neck. "Can't help it. You're walking back home at this hour?"

"No, I'll take the bus."

"Alright. Arrive safely, then. I'll call you tomorrow to arrange the time and all for the weekend."

"I-I don't have your number."

", you're right." Hyeju fetched her phone and extended it to Chaewon. "Here, type yours."

Yes, they've spent some time together already, and talked on Twitter, but having Hyeju's number on her phone made her feel... even more special.

"Are you still gonna stream?" Chaewon asked, pocketing her phone after saving her number.

"Yeah, even if just a game or two. I also have to break the news to my viewers. I'm sure they'll be thrilled to know. Are you gonna be there to watch me?"

"I always do, Hyeju."

"Then don't forget to comment something."

"I will."

"I'll call Ryujin first, though. I'll see if she wants to play with me today. Maybe to clear her mind from whatever happened."

Chaewon nodded. "Bye, then. Have a good night. Say hi to your sisters."

"Will do. Yeojin wants to meet you, by the way."

"I guess I'm meeting her this weekend?"

"Oh, that's right." Hyeju chuckled. "I-I'll be going then. Thanks again for the Switch dock. I'll see you later at the stream."

"Yeah. See you later, then."

Hyeju nodded and turned to walk away, still looking back to wave goodbye. Chaewon waved back and rushed to the bus stop.

Around twenty minutes later, she was back at her dorm. And as she walked up the stairs, she remembered about Hyunjin and Jinsol. Knowing those girls, absolutely nothing happened aside from cooking, eating Hyunjin's delicious food, and one-sided flirting from Jinsol. Still, Chaewon leaned her ear on the front door, but she couldn't hear a thing. She opened the door, slowly, and let herself into the empty living room. She irked an eyebrow. Did they go out? Chaewon fetched her phone and quickly texted Hyunjin.

[Chaewon]
where are you? went back home already?

And as she made her way to her room, that unique, unmistakable meow ringtone rang from inside Jinsol's room. Chaewon halted, her eyes widening as she turned her head to Jinsol's door. Wait... Chaewon quickly wrote another message.

[Chaewon]
I can't believe after my encouraging discourse you still did nothing, Kim Hyunjin!

She pressed the send button and one, two, three seconds later, the same meow ringtone rang. Chaewon suppressed a gasp and carefully approached the door, listening to a fit of hurried and panicked whispering. They really were in there. Doing... only gods knew what.

But Chaewon couldn't hold herself. She knocked. "Hey, Jinsol?"

"Y-Yes?"

"Can I come in?"

"WAIT!"

The way she wanted to laugh so loud. A few seconds and a lot of rustling from inside later, the door opened, just enough for Jinsol to peek from inside. Her hair had been fixed in a rush, and only an oversized t-shirt covered her body.

"H-Hi, Chaewonie!" Jinsol smiled, and her cheeks were red. So red. "Did you need anything?"

"Yeah, actually, you didn't take my charger, did you? I can't seem to find it, and I really need it, I'm running out of battery and I need to call Jisu. Can I come in and look for it?"

"No!" Jinsol cleared . "I mean, no, I didn't take it. It has to be in your room, or somewhere else."

"I really can't find it! Let me go take yours then, and I'll give it back after charging my phone."

"I-I can go fetch it!" Jinsol grabbed on the door harder now. "Gimme just a second."

But as Jinsol was about to go take a step back and close the door, Hyunjin fully opened the door from the inside, catching both Jinsol and Chaewon by surprise, who widened their eyes at her.

"I know you heard my phone, Chaewon," Hyunjin said, glaring at her. "And yes, your discourse worked, thank you. Check your bag for your charger, I'm sure it's there. Now, if you'll excuse us."

Hyunjin yanked Jinsol back and closed the door in Chaewon's face, who was too stunned to react. Not like it was the first time Chaewon had seen Hyunjin topless, but still didn't expect her to just show up like that to fetch Jinsol back. Now she actually felt bad.

"I'm sorry I interrupted," Chaewon said. "I'm glad it worked! Have fun!"

She still heard Hyunjin yelling 'we are!' as she rushed to her room, closing the door behind her. Oh wow, they really were... going for it. Chaewon did not expect it would work, but she was truly happy for them. And maybe just a bit jealous... But when an image of herself and Hyeju flashed on her mind, she shook her head, shocked at herself.

No! She... didn't see Hyeju that way.

Instead of dwelling on that thought, she stopped herself right away and laid on bed. Karma was fast on action, because her phone was actually running out of battery. She checked her bag, and her charger was there, indeed. Hyunjin knew her so well.

Plugging her phone first, she called Jisu. She picked up almost the same second.

"Jisu?"

"Hey, Chaewon."

And Chaewon knew something bad, really bad happened. She had been Jisu's best friend for long enough to tell she had been crying just by her voice tone, low and raspy.

---

A/N: Right I kinda forgot hyunsoul would be official in this chapter already LMAO WOOHOOOOOOOOOO

What would be a story of mine without a bit of a tragic family situation am I right :sob: (or a traumatic past................. well........ about that one............................. :)))

The next chapter is kinda small but then the other one, when it's back to Gowon's POV, it will be another long, fluffy one!!! Look forward to iiiiittttttttttttttt hehehehe

Twitter - @itzloonatic
CuriousCat - curiouscat.me/itzloonatic