Not just a roleplay

One plus One, Two plus Two

Chaewon gripped her computer mouse, her finger one click away from posting that freaking video. Why was she doubting everything now, after going through all the work of actually making it? Hyeju was going to love it! And Chaewon had made it for her. And Hyeju was waiting for the new video... Little did she know the video that she would fall asleep to later.

With one last breath, Chaewon finally clicked the post button, and let Youtube do the work.

Should she send Hyeju a message? Letting her know the new video was uploading and would be up soon? But she never did that before... It would be weird to do that out of nowhere, especially with that video. And Hyeju had her notifications on, so she wouldn't miss it.

Her phone rang, and Chaewon jumped on her chair, cursing under her breath. That was why she always had it on silent, but she stopped doing it ever since she got Hyeju's number.

And her eyes went big when she saw that it had been her texting her just now.

[Hyeju]
stream soon!
also, are you busy tomorrow?
wanna come over in the afternoon? day off tomorrow woooooo

Chaewon stared at the message, reading it again.

[Chaewon]
I'm just waiting for you to start ^^
and yes, I wanna go! are we gonna stream?

[Hyeju]
if you want to stream, yeah if you prefer just to play or something, that can be too!
okay, gonna start the stream, see you thereeee

The notification saying Hyeju was live popped up at the top of her phone's screen, but Chaewon kept staring at it with pursued lips. From all the times she had been to Hyeju's house and to her stream, it had been Hyeju inviting her. She would have a day off, and still, she invited Chaewon over, instead of taking time to herself and rest.

The video she made for Hyeju had finished uploading, and with it, an overwhelming want to take a step forward.

"What do you wanna do?" Hyeju asked, closing the door of her room behind her.

It was as if Chaewon was there for the first time. Her hands trembled, and she could barely form a sentence without stuttering. She put on her best efforts to look exceptionally pretty that day, but Hyeju didn't even mention it. In fact, Hyeju also seemed tense. She hadn't mentioned the video, either. Was that making both nervous?

"You can choose. I'm fine with anything," Chaewon said.

"Do you feel like playing Breath of the Wild?"

"Yeah. I still need to reach that tower."

Hyeju chuckled and sat on her gaming chair. "You're right. Let's go, then."

Maybe streaming was the best for now. Chat with other people, get her mind in the game, let the atmosphere between them ease a little.

But not even that worked. It felt like she had forgotten all the controls, made silly decisions, and had died twice already.

"Gowon is sleepy," Hyeju read a comment. "Shouldn't you be encouraging her, then? So she can do better?" Hyeju clicked her tongue, and read another comment. "You can do that, then. Will that work, though?"

"Maybe I am indeed sleepy. I went to bed late, got carried away while doing an assignment, but at least I finished it."

"See everyone, she was working hard until late, that's why she's sleepy! Are you working as hard as her? Thought so." Hyeju crossed her arms.

Chaewon chuckled. "I'm sure they are. And I need to do better here as well!"

Hyeju laid a hand on Chaewon's head, patting her hair a couple of times. "You can do it!"

Chaewon eyed nervously the camera, knowing how awkward her attempted smile came out. There Hyeju was, getting all cute on stream. Chaewon couldn't shake away the feeling that it was all for the show, the fanservice, since it worked in bringing people in. But then she remembered Jisu's words. That maybe Hyeju used the opportunity to do what she actually wanted to do, but didn't have the courage otherwise.

But then what she had learned about Hyeju and Ryujin joined the frenzy happening in her mind, and the fact that Hyeju didn't mention the video, everything buzzing in her skull at once. Frustration built up, but Chaewon released on the monsters instead, slaying them without mercy.

And as she completed a part of the main quest, she found another one of those strong but majestic monsters on top of a small hill.

"Can I kill it?" Chaewon asked.

"You're not supposed to kill it. Take the shock arrows and get out of there."

"I wanna kill it."

Hyeju facepalmed. "It's too strong!"

"I wanna try."

"Alright, go for it." Hyeju sighed. "Make a bet, if she can kill it, she gets something from you," she read a comment. "Hm. Like what?"

"If I kill it, you'll teach me League." Chaewon smirked at her. Honestly, it was the first thing that came to her mind, but she didn't want to spend too much time thinking about it.

The dread in Hyeju's eyes was like something Chaewon had never seen. "Oh, no. That's a big mistake."

"And if I die, you get something. Choose."

"A live ASMR."

Chaewon widened her eyes at her. "H-How so?"

"When we finish the stream. You'll do a live ASMR for me."

She was sure the viewers heard Chaewon's gulp through the mic. "Okay."

"And I'll give you three tries."

Three tries? She would absolutely do it.

But... did she want to? Because doing a live ASMR sounded very... appealing. And even if she won, she still could do it. Now that she knew Hyeju wanted one. Or did she? Did she say that just because they were on stream?

Not the time to think about that. Shifting her attention to the game, she changed into her best weapons and charged for the Lynel.

"For your own good, I'm rooting that he kills you."

Chaewon was ready to dodge his attack, but she failed the timing, and he killed Link with one swing of his blade.

"Did he just really one-shot me? Like, I let him hit me once and I die?!" Chaewon had her chin low.

"I told you." Hyeju seemed satisfied.

Chaewon clenched her jaw in determination and went for it again. She managed to land a few blows, but not even a quarter of his life he lost. He hit Link again, and he fell to the ground.

"What the hell!" Chaewon frowned.

She still had one more try. Then again, not like her punishment for failing was the worst thing on earth, but she still had her pride to keep. She focused extra hard this time, trying another approach - to hit him with arrows from a distance.

Hyeju threw her arms in the air with a cheerful chant as Link fell dead on the ground for the third and last time.

"I won!" Hyeju said. "Everyone, I'm getting a live ASMR from Chaewon! Are y'all jealous?"

Chaewon rolled her eyes. "So supportive!"

"Let's spice things up." Hyeju smirked. "Let me try and kill him. If he hits me once, you won't do the live ASMR, and I'll still teach you League. If I manage to kill him without getting a single hit, not only you'll do me the live ASMR, but a face massage as well."

"A fa-face massage?"

"Yeah, like those ASMRs, you know. Must be really nice."

She would have loved having time to be shocked, to process that request. She didn't even know how to do a face massage!

"Okay, go on." But she couldn't waste that chance for that. Chaewon handed her the controller, hoping the viewers couldn't see how her hand trembled.

Hyeju smirked harder, facing the game. In fact, it was the first time Chaewon would be watching her play Breath of the wild. Ever since she got Hyeju the Switch dock, she still only used it to stream with her. Hyeju had to be sure about her skills to make such a request. She observed as Hyeju changed into the shock arrows and stood in front of the mighty Lynel.

It didn't matter how much she wondered how skilled Hyeju truly was, she wouldn't still be prepared for what she witnessed. Hyeju didn't miss a single arrow at the Lynel's face, knocking him down, and running to him, she got on his back, hitting him time and time again. Her timing in dodging and parrying his attacks with the shield was impeccable, and a couple of minutes later, Hyeju delivered the final blow. Chaewon watched as the Lynel kneeled, his drops falling on the ground.

"I'm looking forward to the face massage," Hyeju said as she gave her the controller back.

"How... what? You didn't tell me you could do all that!"

"Now you know. Pick everything he dropped, nice weapons and valuable drops."

From the corner of Chaewon's eyes, she could see the chat rolling up.

"Everyone's impressed." Hyeju smiled. "This is what three hundred hours of this game did to me."

"Three hundred?!" Chaewon widened her eyes.

"I've had the game ever since it was released four years ago! It's not that much."

Chaewon chuckled in disbelief.

"See, there are people in the chat saying they have more," Hyeju said. "You want to watch me play as well now? Alright, I guess I'll stream Breath of the wild too now."

Of course people would prefer to watch someone who could actually play instead of Chaewon. It was only inevitable that that moment happened. But it didn't make it any less sad.

"Alright, let's stop here?" Hyeju asked a bit later, when Chaewon got to the first dungeon of the game. "So you can start from the beginning on the next stream. And because I really want that face massage."

There would still be a next time? Chaewon was so confused she was getting frustrated again.

Thanking once last time for the new followers and few donations, like always, Hyeju stopped the stream and turned to her. "Live ASMR and face massage, now."

Something stirred in Chaewon. Her stomach did a couple of twists, and she stopped breathing with the intensity of Hyeju's eyes on her and the way she just spoke those words. Like a true command, one Chaewon couldn't and wouldn't deny.

Chaewon stood up. "Sit in your bed."

But her own voice was also like a command, for Hyeju got up on her feet and jumped on her bed, sitting crossed legged, tapping her knees in anticipation. Chaewon followed, her heart beating so hard it was getting her dizzy. She sat in front of Hyeju and they stared at each other, the silence eating Chaewon up.

"Close your eyes." Chaewon's voice came lower than she expected, both in volume and tone.

Without an answer, Hyeju did so. Her lips were a thin line, back abnormally straight for Hyeju's standards as she waited for Chaewon to start. She had never done that. It was Hyeju in front of her, not one of her ASMR mics. She just had to pretend Hyeju's ears were her mic, then.

Clearing , Chaewon held herself on Hyeju's shoulders and approached her right ear. "Just so you know, I've never done this to anyone," she whispered, feeling her own face burning from how close they were. "I'll just pretend I'm doing a positive affirmations ASMR, but exclusive to you. Does that sound good?"

Hyeju gulped. "Y-Yeah."

Chaewon chuckled as she switched to the left ear, noticing how red Hyeju's cheeks had also become. "Hyeju-yah," the name left her lips before thinking. "good job today. You did amazing and you worked hard, just like you always do."

She wondered if Hyeju could hear how hard Chaewon's heart beat, because it echoed in her skull. The previous weird, tense atmosphere that had eased with the stream came back, but a different kind of tension now.

"You're so pretty, Hyeju," Chaewon kept whispering, and remembered how she was also supposed to do a face massage. "This beautiful face of yours deserves a really nice massage, don't you think?"

Chaewon didn't normally say those things on her ASMRs. But this was different, and she was feeling too bold. The frustrations from before, the questions and uncertainties vanished, replaced by that sudden bluntness. Maybe it was part of it. That part of Chaewon that wanted to clarify everything, to tell Hyeju how she felt, to shut all the voices in her head, and hopefully, to prove Jisu right.

Hyeju didn't answer, just nodded instead. Hesitating, Chaewon reached for her face, cupping her cheeks while staring at her now parted lips. Her skin felt so soft and warm against her palms and fingertips. Chaewon gulped, closing her eyes for a second to both enjoy a certain thought in her mind, and make it disappear as she focused on the massage. She really didn't know what she was doing, but everyone liked a massage on their temples, right? So she applied force there, approaching her ear again.

"Does it feel nice? Release all the tension in your body, allow yourself to relax, just like you deserve, after a long and tiring day. Relax, relax, relax," she repeated the word as she moved to the other ear, creating a 3D effect, just like she did with her mic. "Don't think about your worries now. Let them go, and focus on me now."

Chaewon moved her hands to Hyeju's perky ears, massaging behind them first. "You're so hard working. So humble, so selfless. You deserve all the love in the world."

Chaewon took in a deeper, shaky breath, still close to Hyeju's ear, and could feel her tremble under her touch. The tension only built up more and more, and it became harder to ignore the thoughts in Chaewon's mind. Especially when Hyeju's breathing became hoarse like that, and her hands had turned into balled fists on her lap.

What was Chaewon making her feel, exactly? What was going through Hyeju's mind?

"I released a new video last night," Chaewon said. No more beating around the bush. "Did you watch it?"

Hyeju tried to speak, but almost choked. "Yes."

"Did you enjoy it?"

A sharp inhale. "A lot."

Chaewon's fingers traced from the back of her ears to her jawline, retracting and resting on her neck. "Wanna know something about that video?"

Hyeju remained silent. But Chaewon wanted the answer.

"Do you, or do you not?"

"I do."

Chaewon dug her fingers into the back of Hyeju's neck, getting even closer, daring for her lips to lightly brush against her ear, and lowered even more her voice. "I did it for you."

Two hands on Chaewon's shoulders pushed her away, catching her off guard. Hyeju dropped her head so low Chaewon could only see hair.

"I-I think we should stop here," Hyeju said, her hands gripping her shoulders and her body raising with each deep breath.

But somehow Chaewon knew she didn't want her to stop. She was too embarrassed now.

"I saw it, Hyeju," Chaewon said. "I'm sorry, but I saw it. How you looked for it yourself. That's why I did that video for you."

Hyeju raised her head now, terrified eyes at her. "W-What?"

"But you don't need a girlfriend roleplay. I'm right here, and I'm real. Not a roleplay."

The waiting, the staring content was making Chaewon feel sick on her stomach.

"Are you always for real, or it is just fanservice for the streams?" Chaewon asked, the frustration lifting up as she allowed her lips to voice the thoughts in her mind. "Do you have deeper feelings for Ryujin, or do you really wish for me to be your girlfriend? I can't seem to read you, Hyeju. You're both so obvious and so confusing, it's making me mad."

Hyeju clenched her jaw without drawing a breath. She frowned and exhaled, dropping her head again. "..." she mumbled between her teeth. "No, I don't have any deeper feelings for Ryujin. It happened some time ago, it didn't mean anything, and I don't even think about it, or wish for it. I was just still finding out about myself and she was-"

"Hyeju," Chaewon grabbed her hands. "calm down. Look at me."

Gleaming eyes met Chaewon's, and she felt bad for bringing that up.

"Forget about it. You don't need to justify yourself. It wasn't my intention to make you feel like that, I just let out what was in my head. Just tell me how you feel now."

Hyeju tried. Chaewon could see she was trying, but she also could see how she struggled with it. And how she shifted her gaze between Chaewon's eyes and lips. Chaewon reached for her face, cupped her cheek, and slowly approached, staring at her parted lips.

"Can I-"

She could, for Hyeju was the one doing it. Chaewon's eyes shut down, her breathing coming to a halt as Hyeju's lips pressed against hers. Fireworks exploded behind Chaewon's eyelids, all the butterflies setting free from her stomach to flap their wings alongside her back.

Hyeju pulled away, flustered cheeks and serious eyes trapping Chaewon's.

"Holy ," Hyeju mumbled and cleared .

Chaewon chuckled. "You're the one kissing me, and you're the one shocked by it?"

"Yeah, I'm shocked myself."

Chaewon threw herself at her, hugging her around her shoulders. But either she used too much force, or Hyeju was caught off guard, because she fell down, her back hitting the mattress with Chaewon on top of her in a giggling mess.

"You're so cute, Hyeju," Chaewon said, her hand brushing Hyeju's hair and dreamy eyes looking down at her.

"Be my girlfriend, then," Hyeju blurted, her arms around Chaewon's small waist. "And not just a roleplay."

Chaewon froze. "You mean it?"

"Yes. No use in denying it, I did look up for that video, hoping somehow I had missed it, and it was buried somewhere in your channel. And then you released one. I normally fall asleep in like ten minutes with your videos, but this one, I couldn't fall asleep. Because I kept thinking about what it would be to actually be your girlfriend and having you saying those things to me."

"They're for you. I thought about you the whole time while I recorded that. I was so embarrassed to say those things, but saying them with you in my mind doesn't feel awkward at all."

Hyeju smiled and whined, shaking Chaewon from one side to the other and gripping harder around her torso. Chaewon's giggling grew into a louder laugh, burying her face in the crook of Hyeju's neck.

"I love you," Chaewon whispered, leaving a kiss behind her ear.

Hyeju laid Chaewon on her side, staring dead in her eye. "Say it again."

"I love you, Hyeju."

With delicate fingers on the back of Chaewon's neck, Hyeju pulled her closer to kiss her lips again. And again, and again, making Chaewon smile into the fit of kisses.

"I love you too, Chaewon," Hyeju said in between pecks. "And to answer your question, no, it was not fanservice, even though people love to see us together. And I love it too. But I really meant everything. I just used the stream as an excuse to be bold."

Chaewon dropped her chin. "Jisu really was right."

Hyeju irked an eyebrow. "Jisu?"

"She said exactly that!"

"Wow, am I that easy to read?"

"Ask her that!"

A few moments went by in silence, as they stared at each other.

"I've always found you so, so pretty," Hyeju said, tucking a strand of hair behind Chaewon's ear and resting her hand on her neck. "I remember when Ryujin sent me one of your videos for the first time. I was like... this is the most beautiful girl I have ever seen."

"You're exaggerating." Chaewon shook her head.

Hyeju frowned. "I'm not! I literally thought that. And then you had so many videos, and your voice... Your voice, Park Chaewon!"

Chaewon beamed, still weak at Hyeju's compliments on her voice. "That was me when I found your stream. Do you understand now why I always watched it even though I didn't get a thing about League? Because you're beautiful. And so cute and funny. I still remember when you mentioned my channel on stream. I was freaking out. And you can ask Hyunjin!"

"And when you showed up at the café? I thought I was dreaming and mistaking you."

"I was so afraid of going there and making a fool out of myself..." Chaewon sighed. "And then you made it just so easy for me to fall for you."

"Tell me about it. I kinda felt like I was abusing your goodwill when you gave me the Switch dock and made you participate in my streams. I really didn't want you to think that I was doing it because you brought me more followers and all. Because I really wanted to be with you. And every opportunity I got, I took it."

"And I'm glad you did, because I wanted to be with you just as much."

Hyeju smiled. "Did we kinda like each other even before we met? Because I have that feeling."

"I totally had a crush on you. I won't even deny it anymore."

"Gowon ASMR having a crush on streamer HyeWolf, all while said streamer also had a crush on said ASMRist, and none knew. Someone make a webcomic out of this."

Chaewon chuckled. "I know, right. How would your viewers react?"

"They love to see us together, I think they would throw a party. But... not now."

"Of course. I'm not saying we need to say a thing. I was just wondering."

"And I was wondering if I can kiss you."

Who knew Hyeju had that side.

"You already did."

Hyeju's fingertips brushed against Chaewon's neck as she stared at her lips. "I mean, kiss you for real."

Chaewon's tongue ran through her dry lips. She scooted closer, legs brushing against legs, and rested a hand on Hyeju's waist, closing her eyes as their lips met once again.

But this time, and as Hyeju had asked, she kissed her harder, moving her lips against Chaewon's in a much more intense, intimate kiss.

A loud knock followed by a shout calling for Hyeju's name made both girls jump in the bed. Chaewon yelped, almost choking with the scare, and rushed to sit as Hyeju did as well.

"W-What?" Hyeju shouted back, a hand in her heaving chest.

The door opened and Yeojin peeked inside. "Hi, Chaewon!" She then irked an eyebrow at them. "What were you doing? I didn't hear a sound from here, I thought you went out or something."

"We w-were, hm," Hyeju eyed Chaewon nervously. "talking about videogames."

Yeojin squinted at her sister. "Dinner is ready. Chaewon, you're having dinner with us."

"Oh, am I?"

"Yeah, dad said so."

Chaewon exchanged a look with Hyeju, and she seemed just as surprised.

"We're gonna be there in a minute, go ahead. And close the door," Hyeju said.

"Yes, yes." Yeojin did so.

"Sorry." Hyeju heaved a sigh. "At least she actually waits for an answer instead of barging in. But what a ing timing, couldn't she knock like a minute or two-"

Chaewon cupped her cheeks and kissed her again, cutting her whining short. As intense and messy and rushed as the previous one, making her toes curl and her whole body tense. Hyeju pulled away with a loud exhale. Her cheeks were flaming red, her eyebrows furrowed.

"Wanna stay the night?" Hyeju blurted. "I did say you would stay the next time."

contracted. "I-I have classes tomorrow."

"Yes. Yes, you're right. And I have to be at the café in the morning with Sooyoung. Sorry, I wasn't thinking."

"But I want to stay with you." Chaewon held her hands. "Next week. How about Friday night?"

Hyeju beamed. "Yes. We can stream and then you can do me another live ASMR. And, you know, a massage as well, if you want to. And include kisses."

"Anything you want."

---

A/N: :'))) they're so cute...

Twitter - @itzloonatic
CuriousCat - curiouscat.me/itzloonatic